SV OU Rate my Slowking team

This is the first generation i wanted to really learn competitive pokemon so i made my first Showdown team after beating SV :) don't be mean if its bad

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2987d4d816f55645

The squad:

1671660997078.png

- Future sight can put pressure onto teams and do like 85% on annihilape and stuff and while usually teams have at least one dark type or gholdengo it can force them into the field so that their other mons don't get nuked, synergizes well with Tusk and Chien Pao

- Chilly reception lets slowking pivot out (after taking a hit usually) which recovers some health, which the added bonus of removing other weathers like sun which is awesome vs torkoal

- Slack off is for more longevity if you took more damage than you expected from something and yawn is to force a dark type out that just switched in bc of future sight and slowking's typing

- Boots are to be able to switch slowking in constantly and tera fairy is to resist dark type moves

1671661756049.png

- Chien pao gets the defense boost from hail but its so frail it doesn't rly matter but you can switch into a resisted physical move in a pinch if you think you can pick up a KO with it

- I think the moveset is self explanatory its just a bunch of strong moves with good coverage (Sacred sword to beat dark types) and sucker punch is priority, boots for obvious reasons and idk what tera type i should use

- Being able to switch this one in safely with slowking is awesome

1671661933279.png

Another pivot with really good coverage because of protean and it 2HKOs dondozo regardless of curse so if u switch into it when dondozo uses curse it has to switch or die
Play rough is the only move im considering switching off of but idk what i should use in its place

spoiler alert i put boots on my entire team except 1 mon i switch a LOT

1671662034516.png

Skeledirge has clutched up so many games for me because of unaware, if you switch into it on a dragonite dragon dance and tera water you take 30 percent and get a free burn (unless it misses which it has for me lmfao)

Torch song can sometimes spiral out of control unless they also have an unaware mon but dondozo gets will o wisp'd and when it rests you switch to meowscarada anyways

1671662202746.png

the nickname may be a joke but this guy is not !! this is one of the more common sets i think

knock off is good to get rid of rocky helmets or whatever which lets meowscarada not take a billion damage for using u turn on corviknights

assault vest lets it live a make it rain from goldilocks and blow it up in return with EQ on scarf sets for the OHKO or knock off> eq on balloon sets since you outspeed

Might use headlong rush for the raw power though lmk if i should

1671662399390.png

This is a slightly gimmicky blissey set but its really funny

gholdengo players love tricking their choice scarf onto predicted blissey switch ins so i just give them their item back or if they switch to someone else i simply give that mon the choice item instead

its also my rocks setter but i don't use hazards like that its mainly just to scout out boots vs choice sets on chi yu/goldilocks/chien pao

Pokemon i usually have trouble with:

- Espathra because of calm mind and future sight resist which can let it spiral out of control if i didn't already have chien pao or meowscarada in

- Tera fire taunt annihilape because i can't even burn the mf and future sight does less

- roaring moon outrage sets because i don't have a fairy type besides tera slowking

Attachments

This is the first generation i wanted to really learn competitive pokemon so i made my first Showdown team after beating SV :) don't be mean if its bad

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2987d4d816f55645

The squad:

View attachment 477217
- Future sight can put pressure onto teams and do like 85% on annihilape and stuff and while usually teams have at least one dark type or gholdengo it can force them into the field so that their other mons don't get nuked, synergizes well with Tusk and Chien Pao

- Chilly reception lets slowking pivot out (after taking a hit usually) which recovers some health, which the added bonus of removing other weathers like sun which is awesome vs torkoal

- Slack off is for more longevity if you took more damage than you expected from something and yawn is to force a dark type out that just switched in bc of future sight and slowking's typing

- Boots are to be able to switch slowking in constantly and tera fairy is to resist dark type moves

View attachment 477224

- Chien pao gets the defense boost from hail but its so frail it doesn't rly matter but you can switch into a resisted physical move in a pinch if you think you can pick up a KO with it

- I think the moveset is self explanatory its just a bunch of strong moves with good coverage (Sacred sword to beat dark types) and sucker punch is priority, boots for obvious reasons and idk what tera type i should use

- Being able to switch this one in safely with slowking is awesome

View attachment 477227

Another pivot with really good coverage because of protean and it 2HKOs dondozo regardless of curse so if u switch into it when dondozo uses curse it has to switch or die
Play rough is the only move im considering switching off of but idk what i should use in its place

spoiler alert i put boots on my entire team except 1 mon i switch a LOT

View attachment 477229

Skeledirge has clutched up so many games for me because of unaware, if you switch into it on a dragonite dragon dance and tera water you take 30 percent and get a free burn (unless it misses which it has for me lmfao)

Torch song can sometimes spiral out of control unless they also have an unaware mon but dondozo gets will o wisp'd and when it rests you switch to meowscarada anyways

View attachment 477230

the nickname may be a joke but this guy is not !! this is one of the more common sets i think

knock off is good to get rid of rocky helmets or whatever which lets meowscarada not take a billion damage for using u turn on corviknights

assault vest lets it live a make it rain from goldilocks and blow it up in return with EQ on scarf sets for the OHKO or knock off> eq on balloon sets since you outspeed

Might use headlong rush for the raw power though lmk if i should

View attachment 477231

This is a slightly gimmicky blissey set but its really funny

gholdengo players love tricking their choice scarf onto predicted blissey switch ins so i just give them their item back or if they switch to someone else i simply give that mon the choice item instead

its also my rocks setter but i don't use hazards like that its mainly just to scout out boots vs choice sets on chi yu/goldilocks/chien pao

Pokemon i usually have trouble with:

- Espathra because of calm mind and future sight resist which can let it spiral out of control if i didn't already have chien pao or meowscarada in

- Tera fire taunt annihilape because i can't even burn the mf and future sight does less

- roaring moon outrage sets because i don't have a fairy type besides tera slowking
I can tell your new by your join date so I’m gonna explain a few things and also the Pokémon Community is very welcoming so don’t worry about not being accepted I was accepted Evan tho I’m a Christian.
ok team rate now the team looks very strong but the team isn’t complementing each other witch is needed to win a battle and gain momentum now for the rate it’s hard to rate bc you can’t just say 5/10 Or 9/10
but some tips would be switch trick -> seismic tose and shadow ball -> thunder wave on blissey
also skeldirge should have hex instead of yawn bc you cant give 2 status at once.
and replacing meowscrada for cetitan here’s the set
Cetitan @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: slush rush
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Liquidation
that’s all normally I would do threats but I don’t have time to do that rn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
I agree with the Blissey changes and Hex but I don’t think Cetitan is needed here. It’s less of a dedicated hail team and more of a normal team that happens to have the synergy of Slowking + Ice type.

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
hi cool team. annihilape is extremely threatening for this team and there isn't really much options to play around it once it starts setting up bulk ups as skeledirge only makes rage fist stronger and just gets taunted. aside from that this team is cool and i like the idea of pseudo-hail.

:meowscarada: -> :dragapult: i suggest changing meowscarada to specs dragapult. not only does this give u a very solid answer to dealing with annihilape, but it also pairs very well with chien pao as it gives it a free switchin opportunity through uturns off stuff like tinglu and blissey. the speed, and ability to deal with dondozo isn't missed as dragapult is very fast and is one of the best things when it comes to dealing with dondozo in the tier. thunder on dragapult is an option as well as it can call out water tera from annihilape.

i also suggest fling on blissey over trick as you cannot trick a gholdengo so if they choose to stay in and you trick you are in a very bad situation, while trick ensures the item comes off.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Thunder

hi cool team. annihilape is extremely threatening for this team and there isn't really much options to play around it once it starts setting up bulk ups as skeledirge only makes rage fist stronger and just gets taunted. aside from that this team is cool and i like the idea of pseudo-hail.

:meowscarada: -> :dragapult: i suggest changing meowscarada to specs dragapult. not only does this give u a very solid answer to dealing with annihilape, but it also pairs very well with chien pao as it gives it a free switchin opportunity through uturns off stuff like tinglu and blissey. the speed, and ability to deal with dondozo isn't missed as dragapult is very fast and is one of the best things when it comes to dealing with dondozo in the tier. thunder on dragapult is an option as well as it can call out water tera from annihilape.

i also suggest fling on blissey over trick as you cannot trick a gholdengo so if they choose to stay in and you trick you are in a very bad situation, while trick ensures the item comes off.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Thunder
oooo i never thought about fling tysm, ill also try out dragapult fs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)