Rate my warstory

What is your impression of this warstory?

• This is a pathetic excuse for a warstory and should be locked!

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • The comments were nice but the battle was mediocre at best.

Votes: 55 24.9%
  • Nice battle, but the comments were lacking in some places.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • Awesome! 5 stars! Write more warstories Objection!

Votes: 123 55.7%

• Total voters
Loved it! Especially your team. Bog standard teams are so boring; teams like these make for MUCH more interesting battles and warstories.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I loved this Objection, you do have a way with words and you really should keep writing warstories, the only problem I see (and others have pointed out) is that the battle itself was average, but that can't really be fixed at this point.

So all I can say is good job, try to find a better battle and keep up the good work!

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good comments with a really unfortunate battle for your opponent. Empoleon would have ended the game then and there if it hadn't been paralyzed.

Nevertheless, entertaining. Good job.

Good comments with a really unfortunate battle for your opponent. Empoleon would have ended the game then and there if it hadn't been paralyzed.
If its moveset was Substitute/Agility/Surf/Grass Knot and its held item was a Petaya Berry, no it wouldn't. It might have softened the team up and might have KO'd Starmie, thus preventing Moltres from cleaning up at the end, but it wouldn't have ended the game there and then.

Frankly I perfer not to overanalyze a warstory. Your writing and formatting were solid; 5-starred.

I digress though, I didn't particularly enjoy the actual match.

5/5 Warstory and enjoyable to read,
problem is the battle wasnt brilliant. With a really close ending (-1 DM was never going to OHKO barring a crit), this could be even better.
But i wanna see more of these warstories objection!!!
Edit: Just to say i chose option E - 10/5 superb, best ive seen on smogon.

I REALLY enjoyed this warstory. It wasn't the typical OU whore vs. OU whore using the same formats as everyone else. I liked your sense of voice in the warstory and it was an awesome match!

Please write more!

This was one of the few OU warstories I actually enjoyed reading.

mostly because neither party used Scizor or Heatran.

joshe

the best
Nice warstory. Decent Battle, but what made it good was the comments. Nice work, I expect to see more from you in the future.

I wish people would start posting more of these warstories. :(

Fantastic job, very exciting, and I love how Moltres was the reason you won.

Battle was a bore, your opponent was maybe average at best if even, and i didn't get much from your insight so I ended up reading more log than comments.

However, good formatting and presenting it. Small amount of humor here and there made it enjoyable.

Keep up the good work! Hopefully, a better battle comes along :D

Wow, great job doing this warstory. The battle wasn't that good, but you're comments made it better. Keep the great job and do more like this!

This warstory made me laugh. Very entertaining.

But I don't love it, because I hate Hariyama. He reminds me too much of a top that you spin.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I really liked the format of this warstory, I liked the individual team member analysis much better than props/slops
4/5

I really liked the format of this warstory, I liked the individual team member analysis much better than props/slops
4/5
Thanks. It was something I had never seen in any other warstory (including my own) and I thought that because each pokemon's usefulness was of a varying degree, it might be better to do that than just a generic props/slops section. Well, that and I like to try adding new features to warstories. It's just a shame that most of the battles I have are truly mundane and hardly any leave me feeling "Phew, that was really intense!" That's why I chose to warstory this battle.

To those who like this warstory because of the "unique" pokemon used, that is also why I liked this battle. I enjoy battling in OU against people whose teams are not strategy-based like Sunny Day, Rain Dance and Baton Pass, but also not the bog standard Tyranitar, Scizor, Metagross, Infernape, Latias and Gyarados. Admittedly, no good OU team will have fewer than two OU pokes without being a strategy-based team, but when it's the lesser-used OUs or the UUs that shine in the battle more so than the Scizors and the Heatrans, that's when the battle starts to become interesting. At least, that's how I feel.

Also, I think this is the first time I've found one of my warstories on the first page of Stark Mountain two days after it was originally posted. Thank you for showing your appreciation and thank you even more for pointing out the problems that this warstory had.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, I did vote on my own poll. I picked option 3.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Hmm, not bad for a warstory. Definetely not the best I've seen, some of the comments were lacking, but still, pretty good. Good job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)