RBY only pokes in a UU team, something differant i guess

saw the generations ATQ tourny and thought it would be an idea to make a team based on one gen, realised that RBY has a fair few upper UU's and decided to throw together a team

the pokemon

aerodactyl@focus sash
jolly/pressure
6hp/252atk/252spe
taunt
stealth rock
earthquake
stone edge

was a simple choice.. this or persian, as i'm already restricted on pokemon to use i decided to plump for this as lead as this is the place it is best, cant really be used in thhis form anywhere else in the team

Clefable@toxic orb
Ademant/magic guard
252hp/252atk/4spe

facade
meteor mash
wish
softboiled
clefable, adds a bit of bulk as well as wish support to the slightly squishy persian/nintetails, can also stall out AND dish out damage

persian@leftovers
timid/techitican
4hp/252spa/252spe
hypnosis
nasty plot
swift
water pulse

no one expects persian to do this, so its a perfect choice, can hit everything and can directly counter nintails with water pulse

Ninetails@llife orb
timid/flash fire
252spa/4spd/252Spe
hypnosis
nasty plot
energy ball
flamethrower

another NP sweeper, this being the main one packing life orb and a decent STAB as well as grass knot to remove waters, hypnosis of course to sleep things which could exploit the frail defences allowing its speed to set up a NP

weezing@leftovers
bold/levitate
252HP/252Def/4SpA
will-o-wisp
thunderbolt
flamethrower
pain split

instead of going down the sweper route again, i decided to use weezing as a pysical wall, pain split and WoW help stall pysical sweepers out of the game, with ninteails AND persian sweeping teams weezing can just stall up the reminants or help them in

hypno@leftovers
calm/insomnia
172HP/112Spa/224SpD
nasty plot
batton pass
phychic
shadow ball

very nice to bring in on a sleeping threat, and works as an exceptional partner to weezing, as it can come in on pychics and shadow ball them for a nasty surprise, it can also take advantage of people trying to use sleep moves, or even its bulk to pass off a NP to weezing, persian ninetails or use it itself.

Yes for the leads that carry Stealth Rock or pokes that carry it such as Claydol and for Persian leads with Hypnosis.

OK, most leads I have seen don't have taunt in UU so I assumed it wasn't a huge problem...

Anyways, nice team, although, I think 2 sleepers is a bit much

Is Nasty Plot+Wish a legal combination on Hypno? If so then you could just use Wish on him in the place of Shadow Ball. This can open up a new spot for Clefable.

As the above poster said Hitmonlee would be nice. He would give you a good physical threat for your opponents team.

Nasty Plot is not an egg move so that should be fine.

Yeah, a harder hitter than Clefable (not necessarily Hitmonlee, but that works) is probably better for the team since the only other physical attacker Aerodactyl might not live that long.

Nasty Plot + Wish is legal, but Wish + Baton Pass isn't, so he would have to replace Baton Pass if he wanted Wish on Hypno.

i think that u should run Ice Fang in place of EQ on Aerodactly, mostly because Grd and Rck hit the same thing pretty much, and SEdge gets SATB, while Ice is a great complement to Rock.

Also why 2 recovery moves on Clefable?

i think that u should run Ice Fang in place of EQ on Aerodactly, mostly because Grd and Rck hit the same thing pretty much, and SEdge gets SATB, while Ice is a great complement to Rock.

Also why 2 recovery moves on Clefable?
Actually, Ground and Rock have quite different SE hits and work well together, Ice and Rock work less effectively...

Every wonder why Earthquake is everywhere?

Its because it is so damn good, thats why, he should keep EQ

My guess on Clefable is support, but I was sorta wonderin' that myself, I think Protect as better use

Aerodactyl as a lead makes no sense for your team. Suicide leads are intended for teams that need a Pokemon to quickly set up Stealth Rock and then start putting the pressure on the opponent with high-powered attacks. Your two sweepers need to set up to be threatening, and the rest of your team consists of walls. Instead, take it out of your lead and replace Stealth Rock and Taunt with Double-edge and Roost, which makes it an awesome late-game cleaner.

Instead, I think you should lead with Scarf Primeape. Standard, predictable, but it does what it does well. It also fits your criteria of RBY Pokemon. It should have a moveset of Close Combat/U-turn/Ice Punch/Payback. Take Persian out of the team, when you have a Pokemon that performs a similar task but is much, much more powerful.

One thing I'm noticing an absense of and it makes me nervous: Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is nearly as important in UU as it is in OU, and it's a lot easier to pick apart a defensive core without them. Replacing Clefable's Wish with Stealth Rock could help with this, or you could replace Weezing with Nidoqueen.

Clefable's set is iffy, I really, really don't like Facade + Meteor Mash. I would personally go with Facade + Flamethrower. Even though you're going mixed it's still much better than running Fire Punch, which does absolutely nothing to Steelix, and is useless in general in UU. Wish is not a great option at all, and I would replace it with Encore.

Finally, I would change Hypno's moveset to the standard special sponge support set.

I'm pretty experienced at UU, but not as much at team rating, so take my advice with a grain of salt. However, I hope I helped!

aero is there to keep swellow out of the way mainly.
Instead of wish on clefable i have protect now unless i should go wish instead of softboiled.
Stealth rock is on aerodactyl.

as for MM on clefable, it helps it beat stallers, so far using MM (attack raising chance) and facade can hurt, i have used this in OU as well as UU and clefable has beaten heatran 1v1, the team acctually functions well in OU as the speedy sleepers can take things like garchomps out on revenge, steelix is easily delt with via weezing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)