ORAS RU 'rco dio mi sculano...

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1. Introduction
Hello everyone, fran17 here to showcase a team I have planned to use in seasonal but unluckily I didn't got the chance to use it. It's a balanced team featuring all-out-attacker Tauros and SD Drapion, 2 really strong mons that share many counters. They are aimed to weaken their checks in order to let one of them to sweep more easily. Slowking, Registeel, and Flygon are the defensive backbone, being able to check decently well almost any threat in the tier except for Virizion. Rotom-Fan is last member, it's really useful as a revenge killer and for patch up some weakness.

2. Teambuilng phase

The teambuilding phase of this team is pretty simple since I didn't do many changes while building it. I started building from Tauros+SD Drapion as I previously stated in the intro, and I added defensive Flygon to check Steelix which was a huge threat for both sweepers, and the momentum it is able to gain is particularly nice.

Slowking was added as I felt the team was pretty weak to fighting-type mons, and double status Registeel to have an hazard setter and a decent tank which could help againist the likes of Tyrantrum, Sneasel, and Venusaur.

The team was good looking but it looked too much weak to fighting mons, especially Virizion, and I needed a revenge killer/cleaner, so Scarf Rotom-Fan was the best choice.

3. In depth analysis

Tauros @ Life Orb | Sheer Force *** rega pippo le mie rime come cocaina
Jolly Nature | 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Rock Climb / Earthquake / Zen Headbutt / Iron Tail
Tauros is the main sweeper of the team, its offensive stats are pretty nice (100 base attack and 110 base speed) allowing to perform well againist balance and offense. Sheer Force is a really cool ability which lets Tauros attack much harder without the LO recoil and that's great for its longevity! The moveset allows him to hit neutrally all the meta and with decent power, 2HKOing almost everything with some exceptions. Rock Climb is the STAB, Earthquake hits steel types that resists Rock Climb, Zen Headbutt hits poison types such as Qwilfish, Amoonguss, Garbodor, and Weezing, Iron Tail hits really hard rock types such as Diancie and Rhyperior. In the end Tauros is a really fun mon to use and its incredible movepool gives it a lot of unpredictability!
other options:
Fire Blast>EQ; it still hits steel types and it doesn't take LO recoil, but loses the 3HKO on Registeel
Iron Head>Iron Tail; more precise but loses the 3HKO on Rhyperior
Pursuit; you can choose which move drop here, and Pursuit lets you trap things which is nice

Drapion @ Lum Berry | Sniper *** my shit will kill teenagers
Jolly Nature | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Knock Off / Poison Jab / Aqua Tail / Swords Dance
Drapion is the best pick for an offensive core with Tauros, because one of Tauros checks, Steelix, checks Drapion as well, and a +2 Aqua Tail weakens it enough to let Tauros kill it. Drapion is a very nice mon in the RU meta, being able to perform many roles pretty well, and dark/poison coverage is really cool. Swords Dance boosts Drapion attack in order to be more dangerous as possible. For a bit I've run Shuca Berry in order to tank an EQ from Mega Lix but it wasn't as useful as Lum Berry and it was good only for counterteam purpose. Knock Off is one of the best moves of this meta, removing items like Leftovers from walls, and many others. Poison Jab is what makes Drapion better than any other physical dark-type, as it scares fairy-types like Granbull or Aromatisse. Aqua Tail hits Steelix and Camerupt, both mons that takes nothing from Drapion STABs. Sniper is the best ability Drapion has access to, which it isn't really useful, though sometimes powered crits can be nice!
other option:
Choice Band; CB Drapion has more immediate power, although SD Lum is really good againist stallish teams that have Mega Lix weakened, and you can use Pursuit so you can have a better matchup againist Hoopa, a threatening mon for the team.

Flygon @ Leftovers | Levitate *** gustati il gusto del sacro seme
Careful Nature | 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Earthquake / U-Turn / Roost / Defog
Flygon is one of the most splashable mons in the RU tier, being able to perform many roles like pivot, special or physical sweeper. In this case I went for the defensive set because I really needed to have a long-lived mon in order to check Mega Lix and Houndoom throughout the whole match, which are threatening to the team. The EVs spread is classic, akin to the moveset. Earthquake does a good damage to fire- and steel-types, U-Turn provides momentum, which is essential for the team. Defog removes annoying entry hazards such as Sticky Web or Spikes, and Roost gives back health when necessary. Try to preserve him statusless because it can be annoying for Flygon to pivot when it is toxiced or burned.
other option:

Rocky Helmet; RH is something I've found really funny to use to get recoil on Mega Lix to help Tauros and Drapion

Slowking @ Colbur Berry | Regenerator *** sono re del porcoddio
Bold Nature | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Scald / Psyshock / Slack Off / Thunder Wave
Slowking is the fighting resistance of the team. Its incredible bulk and Regenerator let Slowking check many offensive threats in the tier such as Hitmonlee, Medicham, Fletchinder. Thunder Wave cripples usual switchins such as Hoopa and Tangrowth. Scald and Psyshock are powerful STAB moves: Scald burn is always nice, and Psyshock hits fighting-types as well as specially defensive mons. Colbur Berry is useful againist fighting mons that have dark coverage, and helps againist Pursuit users! The EVs spread maximize Defense in order to wall as many physical hits as possible, and Slowking possesses an already high special defense stat!
other option:
Calm Mind; CM>Thunder Wave makes Slowking a solid win condition

Registeel @ Leftovers | Clear Body *** una non mi basta no ne provo tre
Calm Nature | 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Seismic Toss / Toxic / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
Registeel is my entry hazard setter and special tank. Steel is a great defensive typing and Registeel stats are really high (100 HP, 150 Def, 150 SpDef). Double status is really nice, making Registeel good againist offensive teams with twave, as well as being good against defensive teams with Toxic! Seismic Toss is nice since it can weaken Steelix and other mons that like switching into Registeel, and it is useful in general.

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf | Levitate *** con il fucile sto sempre all'erta
Timid Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Air Slash / Trick
Rotom-Fan is the last member of the team, back in Durant meta Rotom-Fan it was used only as a defensive pivot to check Durant indeed, but in this particular team it had to be scarf due to my lack of Speed control. The reason I went for Rotom-F over other Rotom sets is because of the Flying stab, which allows me to revengekill the likes of Virizion and Scrafty, while also dealing good damage to grass mons that usually enjoy pivoting on Volt Switch. Trick is useful againist slower teams, or when you just don't need the scarf anymore and you want some liberty!

4. Conclusion
Thanks for reading :) I know this team isn't perfect as it has many flaws, but I can tell that it's really funny to use and it has a nice matchup againist every playstyle (except shed stall, fuck slurmz, you copied my team). I'd like to give a shotout to Tricking who helps me with preparation for tours and stuff, and Milak because I love him :heart:. This is all!
Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Tail

Drapion (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog

Slowking (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Scald

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Trick

Last edited:
Hey nice team, really like the use of tauros as it lies in the unique speed tier that it outspeeds a prominent S rank threat in virizion and can ohko it with zhb. Scarf rotom-fan is also really cool and i don't see it often, forming a nice voltturn core with flygon.

I feel like your team needs a solid cleric as mega steelix can wittle the switchins like slowking and flygon will be toxic, while it hits registeel and drapion with earthquake, while tauros and rotom-fan can't do much to it anyway. As slowking is your primary switch in to mega steelix you risk it being toxiced which can have a very negative effect as it is your main fighting spam answer, as well as fletchinder check.
I would recommend using defensive togetic > rotom-fan as heal bell will be very beneficial in keeping your team's main walls like flygon and slowbro without status. Also the two threats you address with rotom-fan can be handled. Togetic's dazzling gleam is a guaranteed OHKO on scrafty after rocks, and defensive can tank an iron head from even +3 scrafty after rocks, and a +4 has a 56% chance to OHKO after rocks.
0 SpA Togetic Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scrafty: 256-304 (94.4 - 112.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+3 252 Atk Scrafty Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Togetic: 180-214 (57.5 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rocks
Togetic has the ability to switch into most virizion variants (particularly zhb) and weaken it with gleam, although this should not function as your main virizion revenge killer as you already have a tauros which outspeeds all variants and can OHKO with zhb, or damage something if it chooses to switch out.
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Virizion: 322-380 (99.6 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
Togetic also provides a sure fire answer to special flygon which can prove worrysome for the team as both stabs do not effect it as well as fire blast doing miniscule damage. Dual stab can be run on this set as flygon already possesses defog which gives it the ability to weaken mega steelix, tangrowth, venusaur, escavalier on the switch in, however I wouldn't recommend staying in.
Finally on tauros I feel that it would make more use of pursuit over iron tail. Slowking, Registeel, and Drapion or even Tauros's earthquake can naturally weaken the primary target of this move, diancie. Pursuit will help with mons that severely threaten this team like Meloetta, Sigilyph, and Hoopa which fear the rock climb as none of these are naturally of physical bulk, and switch out. Pursuit also gives you a way to hit Hoopa even if it does not switch out as earthquake does not secure the ohko.

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake

Overall, I really like the innovations made with this team, hope my suggestions helped! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)