Uxie @ Nothing
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn
-Thunder Wave / Yawn
-Knock Off

Well Uxie is my answer for all of those TrickScarf leads. Since Uxie is not holding anything, Trick shouldn't even work, thus allowing me to incapacitate them with a status move, remove their Scarf, or set up Stealth Rock. If their lead is Gengar, I will typically Thunder Wave first, then Stealth Rock. If they are fully paralyzed I can Knock Off their Scarf, preventing them from frustrating my teammates. Yawn is for phazing, but I am afraid most of the setup pokemon either don't mind sleep(Crocune) or they will destroy Uxie with their STABs(Scizor). This is why I find Thunder Wave more valuable, plus I can destroy Salamence this way.

Flygon @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

Flygon, in my opinion, is one of the kings of anti-stall. His great typing and ability allow him to switch into all the forms of entry hazards, and only take 6.25%. He can then threaten pretty much any OU pokemon with his STAB moves, or U-Turn to scout for things like Celebi, who is OHKOed with Stealth Rock down. U-Turn, STAB Earthquake, and resistance to all entry hazards are why I believe Flygon is more valuable than any Salamence. Salamence can't hurt Cresselia/Celebi very much without locking itself into Outrage, or relying on Crunch.

Flygons awesome resistances, allow him to switch into Heatran, Zapdos, and even most Magnezone, who prefer Hidden Power [Fire] now for Scizor.
Sure, this isn't Garchomp, but it will burn a hole in your team.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EV: 176 HP / 100 Atk / 176 SpD / 56 Spe
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Roost
-Pursuit

Scizor is extremely valuable to the team, and has netted me plenty of kills even without Swords Dance. Pursuit is a great move, preventing choiced Gengars and Azelfs from getting out of the battlefield. The EVs are the spread commonly used in Ubers, and works wonderfully in OU, allowing me to take on Gengar, Alakazam, and switch into random SpecsMence Draco Meteors.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
EV: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Explosion / Lava Plume

Heatran is extremely standard, much like Scizor, but I find it absolutely necessary for Skymin, Lucario, Scizor, and other Heatran. Currently I am running Explosion with Naive, but I would rather keep him alive, so I think Lava Plume and Timid will replace them. Many of Heatran's switchins hate a burn and/or Stealth Rock damage. Salamence, Gyarados, Swampert, Tyranitar, and Flygon don't appreciate it at all. It even helps to break down Vaporeon if I manage to burn it.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
EV: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpD
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge / Roar
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Okay so Impish Resttalk Gyarados is epic win. He takes hits from Lucario, Scizor, Infernape, Heatran, etc. for very little damage. I am considering Roar in the second slot, to force out incoming Zapdos after they switch out their Lucario / Scizor, making them take 50% from Stealth Rock. It would also stop Crocune dead in its tracks, who gives this team trouble. However, Stone Edge is nice to beat up on LO Gyarados, who doesn't OHKO after a DD with Intimidate.

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EV: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
-DynamicPunch
-Stone Edge
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

I needed something that could handle Tyranitar, while also being a reliable switchin to Blissey(Flygon hates Ice Beam, Gyarados doesn't do much damage). Machamp is capable of forcing switches with his annoying STAB move, hopefully racking up Stealth Rock damage in the process. Stone Edge is absolutely necessary to keep Skymin and Salamence from getting low risk, big reward switchins. I know, two Sleep Talkers might seem like a lot, especially with Hypnosis being extremely rare, but it is on my team by means of recovery, not status absorbing. It is useful to get rid of burns tho.

Despite this team seeming extremely standard, I actually put some thought into this, mainly in the form of combinations + synergy. For example, no more than one pokemon is weak to one type, while I have more than 1 resistance for the majority of types.

Switching and prediction are the keys for this team to win. Setting up Stealth Rock allows my sweepers, who may seem underpowered, to 2HKO many pokemon in the OU tier. With U-Turn on half of my team, I can always stay in control of the match, even with Flygon's risky Outrage. Hopefully I can gain the advantage in the lead spot, where Uxie typically shines, setting up Stealth Rock, paralyzing everything in sight, and Knocking Off valuable items.

Late game the ideal situation would be a Flygon or Heatran sweep, which is very possible considering they require absolutely no set up. I know, you are probably wondering how this team even works without a true set up sweeper, but all of the switching + Stealth Rock wears the opponent down faster than me, so I can often gain the advantage there as well.

Trick still works even if you're not holding anything. They'll just get nothing. If you really want to counter Trick pokemon, you can use a Sticky Hold pokemon.

Or... just give Uxie a Lagging Tail. Uxie kinda' slow like that anyway...

I think Sword Dance should go on Scizor, also since Machamp is already restalking you can try Bulky Dos instead of Restalking.

Yeah I just realized Trick works like that when I faced a Tricker lead. It was still useful however, as I netted myself a Choice Scarf, and they didn't have anything to Trick to my other pokemon who wouldn't like Scarf.

I have never found the need for SD on Scizor, as typically I would have to switch out anyways. I find U-Turn + Stealth Rock to Heatran / Flygon useful enough to take out Zapdos.

The two Resttalkers are necessary or else I don't have reliable switchins for many pokemon, such as Scizor and Tyranitar.

For a more reliable check for Tyranitar, you could give that Machamp 252 HP/36 Att/216 Def/6 Spe. It takes Earthquakes better, and can still threaten with Dynamicpunch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)