(RMT Doubles OU) Weakness Policy Coalossal + TR Torcoal

This team I made recently has been performing excellently, but there’s always room for improvement.

(Here’s the team https://pokepast.es/d9c7ff23b9146c99)

There are two main leads for the team the first is Coalossal and Primarina. Torcoal can use whatever move will be most effective against its opponents while primarina will aqua-jet into Coalossal activating it’s weakness policy (it should do between 15-20%) and steam engine, allowing to outspeed most Pokémon and fire off big damage.

The other lead is galarian slowpoke and torcoal.
Slowpoke will set up trick room (which actually works for the other Pokémon on the team really well) Torcoal will protect to insure it doesn’t take any unnecessary damage. Now you might be wondering why on earth a slowpoke is on the team, and well it’s because with evolite it can boast pretty good bulk. With the perfect move set in healpulse to keep Torcoal healthy, yawn to neutralize threats to Torcoal, and surf to activate Torcoals weakness policy, and since slowpoke is slower than Torcoal, it gets to fire off weakness policy boosted moves.

Conk appreciates trick room allowing it to move before faster threats revenge killing with Mach punch dealing big damage with guts boosted knock off and drain punch, which can take care of Ttar pretty well. As well ice punch to take on sand teams with lando and garchomp.

last is Lando with Sheer force boosted rock slide to deal good damage and u-turn to serve as a pivot and earthquake to deal good damage as well (don’t use lando eq with Torcoal of colossal as they don’t take it too well)

that’s the team, I hope it allows you to climb the ladder. And be sure to have a nice day.

Very interesting. I used to use Coalossal too.

I think Primarina maybe should be Modest, to deal less damage to Coalossal. Then 4 EVs elsewhere. Coal might benefit from some Spe EVs. Uninvested, idk if it's fast enough even at +6.

EDIT: Slowpoke and the galarian share stats, and that's 90/65/40 bulk. Relatively horrendous even w/ eviolite, could you use Cresselia? Ofc you then lack water.

Oh, and use Lando-T for physical sets, lando-I is meant to use Sheer Force boosted special moves.

I really only used galarian slowpoke becuase it kind of has the perfect move set for the Torcoal set being able to heal it with heal pulse allowing eruption to do more damage, and it’s slower than Torcoal and it’s low special attack doesn’t do too much to torcoal when activating the weakness policy.

(This is my first time using regular lando, so thanks for the tip)

Heal pulse seems important, maybe cresselia won't work. You say you are doing good? That's interesting w/ Slowpoke. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it

EDIT: There are quite a few better mons w/ heal Pulse, except that there are none w/ extremely weak Surfs. So in your particular case Slowpoke-g is probably fine, if not Tapu Fini, Aromatisse, Chansey/Blissey, Latias, or Hatterene are all good as far as I know. Clawitzer is a bit odd, but it heals 3/4 HP thanks to Mega Launcher.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)