* 484 - Palkia
* 485 - Heatran
* 486 - Regigigas
* 487 - Giratina
* 489 - Phione
* 490 - Manaphy
* 491 - Darkrai

Move Restrictions:

Pokémon may only use moves (including those learned in an earlier video game) which have been learned through one of the following methods:

* By leveling up
* By TM or HM
* As an Egg Move, through breeding
* From a Move Tutor
* Already learned by a Pokémon, which was downloaded at an official Pokémon event or promotion
* Already learned by a Pokémon, which was downloaded from another Pokémon game (such as the Pikachu, which knows Surf, from Pokémon Battle Revolution)
* By Smeargle’s “Sketch” move (limited to the above moves learned by Pokémon between 001 and 491)

So now to my team:

Leading 2:

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Brave
252 ATK, 252 HP, 6 DEF
Ice Fang
Waterfall
Earthquake
Taunt

Uses an attacking move turn 1. Then either taunts or attacks turn 2 when TR is active.

Bronzong @ Expert Belt
Relaxed
252 HP 152 ATK 8 DEF 96 SP.DEF
Gyro Ball
Trick Room
Explosion
Hypnosis

Trick Roomer #1. Sets up TR, then sleeps stuff and hurts stuff with Gyroball. Explose when done.

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Brave
252 HP 252 ATK 6 SP.DEF
Megahorn
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Stone Edge

When TR is in this guy is a beast.

Porygon 2 @ Leftovers
Quiet
252 HP 68 DEF 92 SP.ATK 96 SP.DEF
Thunderbolt
Iceabeam
Recover
Trick Room

Trick Roomer #2 and the Special Sweeper. Boltbeam for coverage, recover to get back HP.

So tell me what ya think smogon?

This may not be a rule for double battling, but when I make my teams I try to consider the pair's weaknesses and minimize them as much as possible so that they both don't have the same weaknesses, which I see is going to be a problem with this team. Rain dance teams could potentially ruin your fun.

Meh, stealth rock isn't going to get you very far, especially since there are only going to be 4 pokemon on the opposing side. I would consider another attacking move on it in exchange for a support move since neither one of the pair is supporting one another.

You may want to consider Taunt on Aero since it's one the faster taunters in the game and people love to set up in the first turn of doubles. I don't know about Choice band either, since a Choiced EQ might hurt your Hippo a bit more than you want it to. So maybe consider putting Life Orb, or find a way for protect to fit in with Hippowdon. You could also run Rock Slide over stone edge because it hits both of the opponents and you could get flinch hax.

I don't really like the idea of a wall in doubles simply because they don't do too much. The reason is because if the opponent sees your just sitting there with a wall they're going to target the one that's attacking and then you're left with something that doesn't do much which will most likely be easily taken out by a combo attack at the end. Maybe consider someone else who can actually attack while doing more supporting at the same time.

Swords dance over toxic on Cradily. And you might want to change Psychic and Flamethrower over Thunderbolt and HP.

It doesn't really matter if Hippowdon and Cradily are very defensive, and that they can Slack Off / Recover. When it comes down to a double battle, the opponent is able to use both of his Pokémon to team on your so-called wallish Pokémon. At least make them offensive.

Sandstorm teams are full of fail against double Water Absorb Pokémon in a double battle. Its not like Aerodactyl can do much to Vaporeon, and Vaporeon can probably smack you across the face and heal its partner with a Surf. This actually contradicts the part where I said to avoid walls, but you get what I mean.

Okay, I've completely re-thought this team, and I decided to go with Trick Room, since, well, Making the fast sweepers in Doubles really really slow is a good thing.

I'd suggest the following..

Pokemon with the sturdy Ability - I sniff some cheap retards using Lock-On+OHKO moves.
A priority never-miss move- You'll really want this,when you see Double Teaming pokemon. You might want a Trick Room strategy that involves shuckle.

Example...

Shuckle@Focus Sash
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Trick
- Protect
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Besides maybe Bronzong,this has the strongest Gyro Ball EVER. Lowest speed EVER,plus a -Spd nature,PLUS 0 spd IV.My brother,Fireball,bred an awesome one perfect for this in Anti's trade thread.

Anyway,Power Trick,and you pretty much have the highest attack in the entire game.

The strategy would be..

1. Send out Bronzong and Shuckle.
2. Set-up Trick Room,and Shuckle protects.
3. Shuckle uses Power Trick,while Bronzong uses Hypnosis/Toxic,whatever.
4. Shuckle starts sweeping with Gyro Ball,and Bronzong inflicts status.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
First of all, don't listen to the one telling you to use the Shuckle strategy. It will not work as planned almost every time. Fake out completely ruins the starategy, and your current Trick Room strategy falls to a Fake out Lead too. I suggest either a Togekiss lead to help set up Trick Room by using Follow me, or a Smeargle(Lv.1) that can use Fake out and/or Follow me, depending on your situation. These will guarantee Trick room gets set up first turn.

Next, take Expert belt off Bronzong. It is an almost useless item for your set because Explosion doesn't hit anything for SE damage while Gyro Ball hits next to nothing in the doubles metagame for SE damage either. Replace it with a Chesto Berry to help it take Sleep such as a Gengar's Hypnosis, Smeargle Dark Void, etc.

Lastly, Porygon2 is not that good of a Sweeper in TR(Also, Two Trick Roomers is definitely not necessary for 4v4 doubles). He doesn't provide you with enogh offense. I suggest replacing him with someone stronger. Rhyperior is fine, keep him, he's great in a doubles trick room team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)