Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
EV: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Hypnosis/Earthquake
-Explosion

Bronzong lays down Stealth Rock ASAP for reasons you will later learn. Explosion is great and it has taken out many key pokes on the opposing team for me. Earthquake is mainly for Magnezone, but I really like Hypnosis. I will probably stick with Hypnosis. Counters Weavile, Tyranitar and Garchomp to an extent.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp Atk)
EV: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
-Outrage
-Focus Punch
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake/Dragon Claw

I find this to be the most useful set for Dragonite, as well as the most powerful. Nothing resists Outrage+Focus Punch, and he has a very high attack stat to abuse the two moves' high base powers. Fire Punch is mainly for Skarmory and Bronzong, 2HKOing them both. The last slot I am unsure of. Earthquake gives me more type coverage and hits Tyranitar and Heatran hard, while Dragon Claw allows me to utilize STAB without being locked into Outrage. ATM I am using Earthquake because I would rather predict a steel switch and use Focus Punch rather than hitting for NVE.

As for anyone who thinks this is a waste of his abilities, look at the calcs:

Outrage vs. Max HP / Max Def Impish Hippowdon: 50-59%
Outrage vs. Max HP / Max Def Bold Cresselia: 47-55%
Outrage vs. Max HP / Max Def Bold Suicune: 53-63%
Outrage vs. Max HP / Max Def Impish Gliscor: 57-68%

With Stealth Rock laid down, automatic 2HKOs on all of the above.

Fire Punch vs. Max HP / Max Def Relaxed Bronzong: 53-63%
Fire Punch vs. Max HP / 156 Def Impish Skarmory: 50-59%

Again, 2HKOs with Stealth Rock laid down.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EV: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp Atk
-Surf
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Crocune seems to run through a lot of current OU teams. Most people just don't feel like running a Perish Song Lapras, Hazing Tentacruel, or Roaring Vaporeon. With Pressure, Rest, and Sleep Talk, I can outstall Blissey with ease, allowing for other special sweepers to sweep.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Nature: Modest (+Sp Atk, -Atk)
EV: 240 HP / 164 Def / 12 Sp Atk / 92 Sp Def
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Magic Coat
-Recover

Gets the job done against Gyarados and Heatran, using their own abilities against them. Magic Coat is wonderful and I love prediction wars, making it perfect here. Ice Beam is for Salamence, who can't OHKO me no matter what variant.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Impish (+Def, -Sp Atk)
EV: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
-Roost
-Knock Off
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang

Lucario and Heracross counter, pretty standard since without him most teams would get destroyed by the two fighters. Knock Off is great for taking away the Choice Specs from Salamence or the Leftovers of Skarmory. Walls ScarfChomp too :)

Azelf @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
EV: 36 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 220 Spd
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power [Fighting]

Sweeps late game once their special wall has been beaten by Suicune. Doesn't really fear Pursuiters since Weavile is the only faster one, who can't OHKO if Jolly anyways. Tyranitar is beaten by HP Fighting, while Heracross and Metagross feel the burn.

Kinda lazy to rate at the moment, but the team seems Special Sweeper weak. I see Raikou destroying this team because you have nothing fast enough to hit it physically before it sets up.

I finally found a fellow CB Dragonite user. However, Focus Punch is meh on a Choice Bander simply because if you don't OHKO the switch in you basically have wasted a turn (If only inner focus prevented Focus Punch flinching...) I would use Fire Blast to destroy Skarm and forry, and Earthquake will destroy the rest of the steels. In the final slot, Aqua Tail or Dragon Claw are both options, but Aqua Tail does the same damage against Donphan, Gliscor, and Hippo as Outrage without locking your self in, and still takes care of Heatran. I guess it's a personal preference, as you probably will just outrage anyway through the whole battle.

Other than that it looks like a cool team. I think structure wise you have the major threats covered.

Pretty good team that covers alot of threats, but it looks like you don't have enough offense to beat more defensive teams. Also CMers (Jirachi, Raikou ect) can set up on most of your team without worrying. First off I don't think you are going to be needing Porygon-2. Suicune pretty much sets up on Heatran already. Celebi would be good for another Gyarados counter since it can beat those defensive teams with Leech Seed. It should also have Perish Song to force out all of those CMers that could give you problems. Thats about it, over all a good team. Oh and Hypnosis on Bronzong and Earthquake on Dragonite IMO. Either attacks could really work on both things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)