RMT: Unflinching Happiness [OU]

First post. Anyway...

Introduction

As the team name may suggest, the team is built around NP Togekiss. Looking at its stats, it seemed quite powerful, fairly bulky and fast enough to take on threats with Serene Grace. I pondered for a while, coming to the conclusion that to be most efficient, Paralysis support would be needed, so hopefully, anything that doesn't faint gets haxxed to death. So, this is the result...

Quick Look

In Depth

Machamp
@ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EV's: 112HP / 252ATK / 144SPD
Nature: Adamant
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

A set I've seen a few times, which I wanted to try out. So far, it was worked pretty well, plus Togekiss always appreciates no SR going up. If the team is spreading Paralysis (which hopefully it will), this Machamp can hopefully stay healthy and work somewhat late game. One of only two physical attackers on my team, so keeping it healthy is quite important (plus beating Tyranitar is never a bad thing). Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. This is what I do against other leads:

Azelf: Payback, then Bullet Punch. EV's can take a Psychic
Swampert: DynamicPunch. Does OK, probably gets Rocks up though.
Metagross: With Lum Berry, this is one of the worst matchups. Go to Tran, usually.
Aerodactyl: DynamicPunch, then Bullet Punch.
Jirachi: Switch into Tran, I don't want Machamp to be Tricked
Infernape: DynamicPunch does a hefty amount, not sure if Bullet Punch KO's after. More testing needed, I guess.
Roserade: Ice Punch, I think it can be dealt with by Bullet Punch afterwards while Lum activates
Tyranitar: Quite obviously, Dynamic Punch.
Ninjask: Haven't faced one, not sure if Ice Punch and Bullet Punch will take care of it
Gliscor: Ice Punch and DynamicPunch means it should be dealt with

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244HP / 252ATT / 8SPE
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U - Turn
- Pursuit

Standard of standards, but nevertheless effective. Needed Salamence insurance, hopefully Pursuit things which are naturally faster than Togekiss (Latias, Starmie and the like), spam U - Turn and perhaps clean up late game with Bullet Punch. Usually, CB Scizor doesn't work as well as it should for me, but while I've tested this team, it has lived up to its reputation. It's my only other physical attacker, so if this and Machamp go down, I could be in trouble. Fortunately, most Blissey I've encountered haven't run Flamethrower, so he usually gets in fairly easily.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40HP / 76DEF / 140SPA / 252SPD
Nature: Calm
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf

First member who does decently at spreading Paralysis. While it is UU (gasp), there isn't a better pairing (typewise and goalwise) with Togekiss, I think (Grass / Ground to Togekiss, Electric / Ice to Lanturn), plus Togekiss can pass Wish on occasion to make up for Lanturns lack of recovery. I was pleased by this, since Lanturn is probably my favourite. Anyway, the plan is to spread Paralysis, counter Zapdos and Rotom (main threats to Togekiss), plus it doesn't do too badly at checking things like Heatran, who can cause grief. If anyone has a more specified EV spread for OU play for Lanturn, I'd be very appreciative if you shared. Moves provide good coverage - nailing things with Thunder Wave on the switch can sometimes net Lanturn a kill, which is very helpful.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252HP / 220DEF / 36SPE
Nature: Bold
- Grass Knot
- HP Fire
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

The second Paralysis spreader, who doubles as a check to a few threats, such as Gyarados and Lucario. It's also probably my best bet against Rain Teams. Anyway, the plan is to switch in on things like Swampert, TWave on the switch and probably get out of there. HP Fire is for Lucario / Scizor, Grass Knot for STAB (plus nearly all of my teams end up Suicune weak...). I need to keep Celebi healthy, since if it goes down, decent sized holes become apparent in my team - Gyarados being one of the problems. If Bulky Gyarados is running Bounce, it can usually be dealt with by Lanturn.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4HP / 252SPA / 252SPE
Nature: Timid
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- HP Ice (was Dragon Pulse)
- Stealth Rock

ScarfTran has been quite a reliable and significant member of the team. Taking Will O Wisps aimed at Machamp, Fire Blasts from Celebi and Scizor, revenging things like Infernape, Lucario, MixMence... Its probably the second most important member (if not the first). The moveset I'm not entirely sure on (I wanted SR somewhere, plus Explosion could be needed for Blissey), but apart from that, it has been superb. The plan is, first time this is sent out (luckily, a few of Machamps switch ins like Rotom are delat with by Heatran), SR should be used and play accordingly from there, but some matches have gone with SR, which didn't help too much. Changed Dragon Pulse to HP Ice - provides same coverage, but more effectively deals with Toxic Stall Zapdos.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252HP / 152SPA / 104SPE
Nature: Modest
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Wish
- Nasty Plot

I'm not sure why I never see this (just me probably). Pretty bulky (Starmies Thunderbolt does about 35%), decent coverage, fast enough for what it needs to do, powerful... Plus more often than not, it has hax on its side. Hopefully, if Machamp prevents Rocks, it can be used to pash Wish to other members. Once sufficient paralysis has been spread (and problem Pokemon have been eliminated), this comes out and cleans up. Again, hopefully anything that has a chance is paralysed and haxxed to death. Plan is to come in against something like Vaporeon (who may try to take it down with HP Electric), Nasty Plot and Air Slash everything, fairly straightforward. Things that counter it are handled quite well by Lanturn - Zapdos and Rotom, but other things (ScarfTar, Blissey [which may be hax'd], etc) will be beaten by Scizor and Machamp earlier on in the match.

Conclusion

So that's my team. I'm fairly happy with how it's been working so far. The thing is, the whole team seems quite familiar from somewhere - these are common sets and common pairings, so hopefully this team doesn't blatantly rip off any other team on the site. Anyhoo... Please Rate / Critique / Comment. Thanks.

(Might do a threat list on the next post, my apologies if I've done anything wrong (first post, and all))

Threat List (work in Progress)

Azelf: Scizor can Bullet Punch, ScarfTran can revenge, Lanturn takes little damage and can TWave. Machamp can deal with leads.
Blissey: Scizor and Machamp. If they go down, I'm relying on hax with Togekiss, which isn't good.
Breloom: Sacrifice something to sleep, then send out Celebi.
Bronzong: Heatran, Celebi
Celebi: ScarfTran can revenge, Scizor for non HP Fire ones, Togekiss does a good amount with Air Slash
Cresselia: Scizor, other than that, not much
Dugtrio: Probably lose something, but Scizor can revenge.
Dusknoir: Not faced one, but may be a problem. EQ less ones can be beat by Heatran.
Electivire: A large threat if it gets a Motor Drive boost... Tricky. I might have to sacrifice whatever gives it a Drive boost to get some damage.
Empoleon: Celebi for Grass Knot ones, Lanturn for Ice Beam variants.
Forretress: Heatran or Celebi.
Flygon: ScarfTran can revenge non CS versions, Scizor can Bullet Punch.
Gengar: Lanturn takes around 30% from Shadow Ball, ScarfTran can revenge wiuthout a sub, Scizor might get it.
Gliscor: Don't like to switch much in... But ScarfTran has HP Ice and Machamp has Ice Punch.
Gyarados: Celebi handles it quite well, ones that have Bounce and not EQ are dealt with by Lanturn.
Heatran: Lanturn can switch in (but not too often), my own Heatran can revenge it.
Heracross: Scizor or ScarfTran... Nothing likes to switch in though.
Hippowdon: Celebi can handle it.
Infernape: ScarfTran can revenge, need more DEF EV's on Lanturn, I think.
Jirachi: Heatran, probably not Celebi.
Kingdra: Celebi can TWave it, Lanturn might be able to too.
Latias: Usually go for the TWave, Scizor can beat Choiced locked ones / ones without HP Fire.
Lucario: Celebi and ScarfTran can handle it, I think.
Machamp: Gah... Usually take the DynamicPunch with Celebi, then go to Togekiss to scare it off. Togekiss can Air Slash, but not switch in.
Magnezone: Heatran, Celebi, maybe Lanturn (w/o HP Grass)
Mamoswine: Scizor, ScarfTran can revenge.
Metagross: Need Celebi to TWave it, might wear it down with Hp Fire. Could be a problem.
Ninjask: No Phazer, unsure if Machamp can deal with it as a lead... Scizor can BP if it doesn't have a Sub up.
Porygon-Z: Scizor and ScarfTran could revenge... Nothing likes to switch in again.
Rhyperior: Celebi might take it if it doesn't have Megahorn... Scizor can BP. Machamp has a chance, I think.
Roserade: Lead ones are beaten by Machamp, Celebi can take others, as can Togekiss.
Rotom-A: Lanturn and Heatran deal with it pretty well.
Salamence: Scizor. Failing that, I try to lock it into Outrage (with Machamp, maybe) and revenge with Heatran. MixMence could be problematic if I don't get SR up.
Scizor: Heatran, HP Fire with Celebi (can't switch in, obviously).
Skarmory - Heatran, Lanturn does OK, Celebi does enough with HP Fire, I think.
Snorlax: Scizor and Machamp can beat it.
Starmie: Either dealt with by Celebi, Scizor or Lanturn.
Suicune: Celebi, Lanturn if it doesn't have rest.
Swampert: Celebi.
Tentacruel: Lanturn, Togekiss can setup.
Togekiss: Lanturn works quite well.
Tyranitar: Scizor and Machamp.
Vaporeon: Ones with Toxic can be a problem, but Lanturn and Togekiss, otherwise.
Weavile: Scizor can BP, ScarfTran outspeeds and KO's
Yanmega: Scizor, ScarfTran if it doesn't carry HP Ground. Lanturn might beat Speed Boost ones.
Zapdos: Lanturn might handle Physically Defensive ones, Heatran with HP Ice could handle ToxiStall ones (maybe).

SR on a scarf heatran is not a good choice, since it forces you to switch creating setup time/free turn for the other side.

Zapdos seems to pose some problems for your team. It is a big halt sign for a Togekiss sweep and you dont have any effective counters. Lanturn is the best bet, though it cannot do much against a toxic stall set or one which runs HP grass.

I would combine these 2 points by replacing SR on Heatran with HP Ice. That will give you an effective counter to that potential threat. It also allows you to swap dragonpulse for explosion on Heatran.

I agree about Zapdos (although Physically Defensive Zapdos deals 30% max with HP Grass), Toxistall ones can cause plenty of trouble. I've changed Dragon Pulse with HP Ice on Heatran. However, I disagree with changing SR. I only use it when something is about to switch out (Rotom, for example) early game - which means their Heatran counter is likely in good health, meaning I'd have to switch anyway. I'd rather have SR up for the rest of the match than say, 25% off a Tyranitar / Blissey with Fire Blast.

How is that team going to deal with DD mence? It outspeeds heatran after one DD and all you have is scizor. what If your opponent has magnezone? They can probebly take down your team with only two pokemon. maybe put shuca berry on heatran? No one likes to be locked into an ice move maybe switch HP Ice back to Dragon Pulse. I like your synergy except you gotta watch out for those sweepers

DDMence is indeed a threat if it sets up. I'll probably go for the paralysis if it comes in on Celebi / Lanturn (even if it means a sac), Machamp can Ice Punch if it comes in on it. Heatran 2HKO's (with SR, which is why Tran needs it) with FB if it switches in. If worst comes to worst, Togekiss should lure an Outrage (ones with Dragon Claw are the worst), since it takes barely anything from Fire Blast and nothing from EQ, from where Scizor / Tran can then safely revenge.

I can't change to a Shuca Berry, since then I become more open to Infernape. Even with a Shuca Berry, Heatran still takes about 80%, meaning unless it's the first switch in to SR, I die anyway. Usually Scizor just U - Turns (BP is a last resort), so the trappings by Zone should hopefully, be few.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)