[RMT] Zard X team ~.~

Introduction
Hi guys, I'm quite new to competitive gameplay but recently got interested after watching a few battles. So without any delay, I made my own team >.<. Hopefully you guys could do the honor and guide me through >.< please and thank you. Without further ado ^^

Team

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Mega charizard X is the dancing mega sweeper in my team. Without him, my team wouldn't exist ~.~. As stated above, with a single dd, he could sweep through most of the pokes that doesn't resist or immune to him. The reason why I chose the last 4 stats into def and not to hp, its because of its pre-mega evolve charizard being 4x weak against stealth rock, thus the odd hp count is required. Why flare blitz over fire punch? Hmmn, I've tested quite a few times between these 2 moves but in the end, somehow flare blitz just works better but with great power comes great flaws >.<, so to make up for it's lost hp, I chose roost over earthquake.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

My special wall and status absorber.... Combo-ed with knock-off, helps break walls or disrupt their strategy. It also serve as a priority user with mach punch to get rid of those pesky low hp pokes. Ice punch as coverage against dragon andd pokes with 4x weakness against ice. 4 def and not hp for odd hp.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough

My second sweeper and my dragon absorber ^^. He's there to help fight against dragon type pokes which are currently filled in the ou meta. As well as a water or ice move absorber. He's also a priority user and a quite fine sweeper ^^. Why 4 speed and not other stats? Its there to help outspeed base 50 pokes and itself as well.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Defog

Latios serve as my defogger and a good s.atk revenge killer. With it's speed pack with life orb, he can deal tons of damage. Draco meteor as a STAB and Psyshock as a counter against the frequently used mega venusaur. Roost is there just in case if I take too much damage.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My so called physical wall and haze setter. With intimidate and a bit of def, he can tank quite a lot and also he can weaken physical attackers when needed. Hp ice is there to frighten other landorus or pokes with 4x weakness against ice, making them hesitate. 88 spd with naive nature is there to outspeed Adamant Dragonite, Modest Heatran, Jolly Breloom, and standard Tentacruel.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Thundurus is my lead. His role is to stop most common leads by using taunt to prevent them from setting up entry hazards. Thunder Wave to cripple Scarf users, while thunderbolt as a STAB and hp ice as coverage.

That is all about my team ^^ Would really love comments about it please and thank you ^^ p.s sorry if there's any misunderstanding sentences >.<

Last edited:
Hi Rexie, I have a few suggestions that I'm going to throw your way. Listen or don't, it's your choice :)

Let's start off with Charizard. The Roost > Earthquake is a decent decision as long as it works out well for you, but if you find yourself not using it almost at all I would switch back to EQ. That's all I have to say about him and ALMOST all of your other Pokemon. It seems to be a well built team...BUT...

Latios.

Obviously Latios isn't bad by any means, but I feel as though Latias would be better for what you seem to be doing with it. If you really want a speedy revenge killer, then stick with Latios. However, if you want more emphasis on Defog/Roost, definitely use Latias. Here's an idea for a more offensive variant of Latias if you do decide to use it:

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP/164 SpAtk/192 Spe
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Defog
-Roost

The EVs on this Latias allow it to outspeed a Jolly Garchomp as well as survive a Dragon Claw from Jolly Garchomp. In addition to this it still hits hard with the SpAtk EVs, landing a 2HKO on Mega Venusaur just as it would if it had 252 SpAtk EVs.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that Latios' Psyshock with 252 SpAtk EVs still doesn't OHKO Mega Venusaur, so the lack of power when switching to Latias is moot.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)