SV OU Roaring Moon Sweep

Its been a long time since I last built a team back in Gen 6 . I am pretty new to these Pokèmon and have tryed .I am trying to build am offensive team whilst still maintaining hazard control. I have a SV team that I would like you to assess. It consists of Gholdengo, Cyclizar, Glimmora, Annihilape, Roaring Moon and Great Tusk.
https://pokepast.es/d63134c306684f35

The first member is Glimmora. I have Glimmora here in order to set hazards and make it easier for Roaring Moon to sweep late game. Also, he has Mortal Spin to keep hazards off my side, as well as to apply Poison to the opposing Pokèmon. To go with this, I have Venoshock to capitalise on the poisoned Pokèmon. I find that Tera Grass is a solid type that resists most of Glimmora's weaknesses. Toxic Debris helps to spread Toxic Spikes without wasting a move slot and helps to spread Poison for Venoshock. Finally, I have Leftovers in order to make sure Glimmora can be used throughout the match.

In order, to keep the Spikes, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes on the field, I use Gholdengo. Gholdengo is extremely effective at stopping Rapid Spin, Mortal Spin and Defog due to his Ghost Typing, Steel Typing and Ability respectively. Furthermore, Make It Rain is a strong stab move that deals a lot of damage and is useful overall to deal damage. Air Balloon is used to help him switch into supereffective ground moves, namely Headlong Rush, safely. Similarly to Glimmora, Tera Fighting is a good option but it wouldn't be used often as his original Typing is very useful.

Next, I chose Annihilape. Annihilape is a Pokèmon who deals incredible damage with Rage Fist, granted if he can tank a few hits. I find that he can tank a hit to increase Rage Fist's damage and then U-turn pivot to another Pokèmon like Cyclizar or Great Tusk. Long-term, Annihilape can tank hits to increase Rage Fist damage and eventually secure faints against Pokèmon like Gholdengo who is very problematic as he blocks my Mortal Spin. Drain Punch and Leftovers help to sustain Annihilape due to him tanking so many hits.

My Pokèmon are very common in the meta (to my very limited knowledge) and so my line up should be easy to predict the movements of. Therefore I decided to switch it up and use a Sunny Day, Heat Rock Cyclizar instead of Torkoal so that he can Shed Tail into Dragon Dance Roaring Moon after setting Sun to activate Protosynthesis and dramatically increase Roaring Moon's attack. Regenerator helps to keep Cyclizar healthy after Shed Tail. Draco Meteor and Hyper Voice are two strong stab moves that he can use as to not turn him into a sitting duck.

My last two Pokèmon are Paradox Pokèmon that rely on Sunny Day Cyclizar to deal massive damage.

I have Great Tusk with Life Orb. He is there primarily to deal big damage and secure kills against certain threats alongside Annihilape. His variety of coverage moves do well K.O Pokèmon that 'overextend' ,as to say, Pokèmon that think that can sweep without repercussions. He uses Stab Headlong Rush and Close Combat to deal massive damage.

Finally, I have a setup sweeper in Dragon Dance Roaring Moon. He uses Dragon Dance behind Substitute in Sun and sweeps with Stab Loaded Dice Scale Shot that increases his speed and always hits 5 times. He also uses Stab Crunch to deal Supereffective damage to Ghost types and Iron Head to hit Fairy types. Tera Dragon increases Stab to two times and makes him even more unstoppable.

I really appreciate anyone who rates my team

really cool team but i change the ability on ape to defiant cause gholdengo can prevent sleep with its ability. I would replace earthquake with bulk up. if you want I would recommend changing t-wave with either focus blast for other steels or nasty plot. with cyclizar I would add knock off instead of hyper voice. for the items, they are pretty good but I feel like sash or red card would be better on your lead, glimmora. with great tusk, I would drop stone edge for rapid spin. you can already hit flying types with ice spinner unless you’re desperate to hit charizard. rapid spins speed boost can be very useful for great tusk.
hope I helped :)
btw here is the fixed ver

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Focus Blast

Annihilape @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rage Fist
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 176 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Venoshock

Cyclizar @ Heat Rock
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Shed Tail
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off

Roaring Moon @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Scale Shot
- Iron Head

Great Tusk @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
really cool team but i change the ability on ape to defiant cause gholdengo can prevent sleep with its ability. I would replace earthquake with bulk up. if you want I would recommend changing t-wave with either focus blast for other steels or nasty plot. with cyclizar I would add knock off instead of hyper voice. for the items, they are pretty good but I feel like sash or red card would be better on your lead, glimmora. with great tusk, I would drop stone edge for rapid spin. you can already hit flying types with ice spinner unless you’re desperate to hit charizard. rapid spins speed boost can be very useful for great tusk.
hope I helped :)
btw here is the fixed ver

Gholdengo @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Focus Blast

Annihilape @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rage Fist
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 176 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Venoshock

Cyclizar @ Heat Rock
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Shed Tail
- Draco Meteor
- Knock Off

Roaring Moon @ Loaded Dice
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Scale Shot
- Iron Head

Great Tusk @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin
Wow, I didn't expect someone to reply so quickly honestly.
I really love all of your suggestions I and I think they will really help my team improve so thanks a lot, I appreciate it greatly.
I will try to implement some of these into my games to see how it works out.
Defiant instead of Vital Spirit makes a lot of sense and Focus Blast over t.wave is sensible due to Toxic Spikes applying Poison anyways. Rapid Spin and Knock Off are also smart to use as utility moves.
Regarding Earthquake and Bulk Up. I have had many cases where Earthquake has saves my hide and done damage to Pokèmon like Clodsire(I would put more but my mind is blank as of writing this). Although Bulk Up is useful too, the way I play him I don't see use. Regardless, I will still implement your changes and if it helps a lot then I'll keep the changes.
Once again I thank you a lot.

Wow, I didn't expect someone to reply so quickly honestly.
I really love all of your suggestions I and I think they will really help my team improve so thanks a lot, I appreciate it greatly.
I will try to implement some of these into my games to see how it works out.
Defiant instead of Vital Spirit makes a lot of sense and Focus Blast over t.wave is sensible due to Toxic Spikes applying Poison anyways. Rapid Spin and Knock Off are also smart to use as utility moves.
Regarding Earthquake and Bulk Up. I have had many cases where Earthquake has saves my hide and done damage to Pokèmon like Clodsire(I would put more but my mind is blank as of writing this). Although Bulk Up is useful too, the way I play him I don't see use. Regardless, I will still implement your changes and if it helps a lot then I'll keep the changes.
Once again I thank you a lot.
no problem :) (btw if you still plan to run bulk up ape, I would recommend a defensive tera type to beat unaware mons like skele, dondozo and Clodsire and other mons that beat ape like drag. for tera type i would recommend tera water)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)