Roulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Pokemoshpit videos for a month or so, I've found that I really like the idea of a roulette battle (see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rZRsHnCl-8). Unfortunately, I don't have the time to train up a ton of level 100s and I refuse to hack (action replay) into cartridge games, so I play a LOT of Pokemon Online. I use my boxes extensively. A lot of people apparently don't, because that's all I've gotten "LOL WHO USES BOXES ON POKEMON ONLINE?" Umm me.....Anyways, I would LOVE to do roulette with people, but I can't really ask people in the chat, because that's "asking for a battle". On the other hand, there is no tier for Roulette, so I can't use the find battle feature.......Does anyone here do roulette on Pokemon Online/have any idea how I could pull off and sometimes do one for fun, or am I out of luck in that regard? (It would be AWESOME if PO/Smogon endorsed it somehow)

Thanks
-Graceclaw

P.S: Sorry if this is in the wrong place- I didn't see a general "Pokemon Online Discussion" forum

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I believe a Roulette battle is a battle where a trainer assigns all of his battle-ready Pokemon (IV bred, EV trained, correct moveset and level, evolved, etc) a number, then has an RNG generate 6 random non-repeating numbers that correspond to the numbers assigned to the Pokemon. A team is then made of those 6 picked Pokemon.

Say you have 12 Pokemon ready for battle, and your opponent has 15. You assign each one of yours a number from 1-12 and he assigns his 1-15. Then an RNG is used to pick 6 Pokemon, which each trainer battles with. This can lead to interesting team combinations.

I'm not sure about the specific details, but I'm quite sure that's how it goes.

I believe a Roulette battle is a battle where a trainer assigns all of his battle-ready Pokemon (IV bred, EV trained, correct moveset and level, evolved, etc) a number, then has an RNG generate 6 random non-repeating numbers that correspond to the numbers assigned to the Pokemon. A team is then made of those 6 picked Pokemon.

Say you have 12 Pokemon ready for battle, and your opponent has 15. You assign each one of yours a number from 1-12 and he assigns his 1-15. Then an RNG is used to pick 6 Pokemon, which each trainer battles with. This can lead to interesting team combinations.

I'm not sure about the specific details, but I'm quite sure that's how it goes.

That pretty much sums it up ^^ Sorry about that Lady Salamence, some people make no effort to fully read and understand posts. My bad ^^

I don't add tiers just because people ask for them. Make a thread in DST for your metagame, get it a ton of support, and then I will consider it further. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)