Let's Play! Ruft's Pokémon Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader

Hello, Ruft here! I saw lyd's Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke playthrough and I realized that I had this itch for an in-game Pokemon playthrough as well. I also wanted to attempt a Nuzlocke challenge; I've started one before but I never finished it. I chose to play Pokemon Platinum because it's one of my favorite Pokemon games (definitely top 3 along with HGSS and BW2) and Sinnoh has been a bit shafted when it comes to the new games, having not too many returning Pokemon and no remakes (yet). Also, I'm looking for a proper challenge and I believe it's one of the harder games. Additionally, I simply just love the Sinnoh region and its Pokemon so I figured I'd do it the honors. I will be sharing my progress in this thread; I think I'll do one post per badge earned. Enjoy!

Basic Nuzlocke rules:
  • Any Pokemon that faints is considered dead, and must be put in the "dead" box permanently.​
  • The player may only catch the first Pokemon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a double battle, the player may choose which of the two Pokemon they would like to catch. If there's a static encounter in the area, the player is allowed to capture them despite already capturing a Pokemon in that area. Shiny Pokemon also do not apply to this rule. This rule starts to apply from the moment the player obtains Poké Balls.​
  • All caught Pokemon must be nicknamed.​
  • No resetting/reloading the game when things go wrong.​
Directory:

Last edited:

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Post #1

Nuzlocke2.png

Ruft's the name, Pokemon is my game!

Nuzlocke3.png

Decided to name my rival lyd as he inspired me to do this and is a good friend. :)

Nuzlocke4.png

Good advice from Mom...

Nuzlocke5.png

...which lyd promptly ignores, smh.

Nuzlocke6.png

I choose Chimchar as my starter because Infernape is my favorite of the three starters and there's a distinct lack of obtainable Fire-types in Sinnoh.

Nuzlocke7.png

Leer into Scratch spam makes quick work of Piplup in the rival battle.

Nuzlocke8.png

Turns out he's Quirky, I'm definitely fine with a neutral nature.

Nuzlocke10.png

I decided to name Chimchar Sun Wukong after the legendary Monkey King.

Nuzlocke11.png

I always thought Return was a very strong move to obtain as a TM right at the start of the game, but it makes sense since it's only one-use and the Pokemon's happiness isn't gonna be very high yet.

Nuzlocke12.png

Dawn gives me the Poké Balls I need to start the challenge!

Nuzlocke13.png

My Route 201 encounter is a Kricketot, which I catch without any trouble.

Nuzlocke14.png

I named him Jiminy after Jiminy Cricket from Pinocchio. A Lonely nature is definitely not bad.

Nuzlocke15.png

In the meantime Wukong reaches level 7 and learns its first STAB move.

Nuzlocke16.png

My Route 202 encounter is... (hoping for Shinx or Starly) ...another Kricketot!

Nuzlocke18.png

Decided to name him Jimininy as the continuation of Jiminy. A Mild nature is certainly not great.

Nuzlocke19.png

Time for the first trainer battle!

Nuzlocke20.png

Only having Bide and Growl is certainly not ideal, but it's enough to make it work.

Nuzlocke21.png

And as we advance further we reach Jubilife City!

Nuzlocke22.png

I love Looker.

Nuzlocke23.png

Our Route 204 encounter is Shinx, which I'm estatic to encounter! I catch him without too much trouble.

Nuzlocke25.png

I named him Simba (despite actually never having watched Lion King). I'm satisfied with a neutral Docile nature. While I first thought Intimidate would be the optimal ability, I realized a male Pokemon with Rivalry certainly isn't too shabby either as I'm fairly certain the majority of Pokemon throughout the game are male, so a 25% damage boost vs them is very nice.

Nuzlocke26.png

Next up is clearing the Trainer School for some nice experience.

Nuzlocke27.png

After talking to some clowns I obtain the Pokétch! Definitely a nifty feature of these games.

Nuzlocke38.png

I also go and pick up the free item on Route 218.

Nuzlocke28.png

I decide to clear Route 204 next. Some trainers are more challenging than others.

Nuzlocke29.png

I encounter Zubat in Ravaged Path. Crobat would definitely be cool to have.

Nuzlocke31.png

I name him Bruce after Batman (original, I know). A Lax nature is not ideal, but I can make it work.

Nuzlocke32.png

Next up we battle lyd again!

Nuzlocke33.png

It goes smoother than I expected.

Nuzlocke34.png

I'm happy to find Starly as my Route 203 encounter! He crits Simba, but it's still a relatively easy capture.

Nuzlocke36.png

The birb has a Quiet nature, which is honestly quite awful. Unlike other regional birds the Starly line doesn't even naturally learn any special moves like Gust.

Nuzlocke39.png

In the meantime Jiminy reaches level 10, which means...

Nuzlocke40.png

DEELEELEELEE WHOOP!

Nuzlocke41.png

Next, I enter the Oreburgh Gate and I come to a grim realization. I see a hiker and the first Gym is Rock-type, while my entire team matches up terribly vs Rock. I'll have to do some serious grinding, unless...

Nuzlocke42.png

We're saved! Psyduck is my Oreburgh Gate encounter.

Nuzlocke43.png

It takes a couple tries but we manage to capture him.

Nuzlocke44.png

I name him accordingly, as I store Jimininy in the PC. I'm definitely content with a neutral Hardy nature.

Nuzlocke45.png

I grind him up to level 9 so he learns his first Water STAB, Water Gun.

Nuzlocke46.png

Turns out the hiker isn't even a trainer, but simply the person who gives you the Rock Smash HM...

Nuzlocke48.png

And with that we reach Oreburgh City!

Nuzlocke47.png

I finally make it to the first Gym, but the lousy Gym Leader isn't even there.

Nuzlocke49.png

I encounter Geodude in the Oreburgh Mine, which I gladly capture. I can't get Golem as I can't trade, but its typing can still come in handy.

Nuzlocke51.png

No shit.

Nuzlocke52.png

It's finally time to take on the first Gym!

Nuzlocke53.png

Trainers = eliminated.

Nuzlocke54.png

After healing up it's time for the big guy.

Nuzlocke55.png

The duck makes quick work of the Geodude...

Nuzlocke56.png

...and the Onix, but it does have to take a (weak) Rock Throw from it first.

Nuzlocke57.png

Now it's time for the real threat, Cranidos. Roark's wondering the same thing as me.

Nuzlocke58.png

The first attack he goes for is Pursuit, which I'm happy to see, as I hit him with Water Gun.

Nuzlocke59.png

We're both down to yellow. I opt to heal up Messiah with a Potion and see what Cranidos goes for.

Nuzlocke60.png

He had the same idea.

Nuzlocke61.png

He goes for Headbutt...

Nuzlocke62.png

...and unfortunately Messiah flinches, which puts me in a very sticky situation.

Nuzlocke63.png

I heal him up again, as Cranidos goes for another Headbutt.

Nuzlocke64.png

This time it only does 18 damage, putting Messiah at 20. I realize I have to go for it.

Nuzlocke65.png

Cranidos goes for Headbutt and Messiah lives on 1 HP! This Psyduck is truly a miracle. It doesn't flinch and goes for a Water Gun in retaliation.

Nuzlocke66.png

However, Cranidos manages to hang on as well. At this point I realize I'm forced to sacrifice one of my Pokemon, as nothing can take two Headbutts. After some consideration, I decide to conserve Messiah and sacrifice Jiminy, as I believe a Water-type will prove much more valuable than a Kricketune later in the game, but Roark has other plans...

Nuzlocke67.png

He goes for Pursuit and takes out Messiah before he could switch out! There was no escape. :(

Nuzlocke68.png

And in this game the switch you selected still goes through after the switching Pokemon is taken out by Pursuit. Jiminy will have to clutch it out.

Nuzlocke69.png

Cranidos goes for Headbutt and...

Nuzlocke70.png

...there's another unfortunate flinch.

Nuzlocke71.png

Tragically, I'm still forced to go through with the Jiminy sacrifice. Sad deeleeleelee whoop noises :(

Nuzlocke72.png

Time to avenge them, Wukong!

Nuzlocke73.png

Luckily, this time there's no flinch and Wukong takes him out with Ember.

Nuzlocke74.png

The battle comes to a conclusion.

Nuzlocke75.png

While we did take some casualties, I'm happy to obtain the badge.

Nuzlocke76.png

He also gives us the TM for the best move in the game.

Nuzlocke77.png

Their time came too soon...

Nuzlocke78.png

This is what we're working with now. We might have to start off the next part with some grinding.

I probably should have either
  • trained up Messiah some more
  • trained up Wukong to evolve into Monferno and learn Mach Punch
  • potentially catch Matchop at Route 207
but the two flinches resulting into two deaths was quite unfortunate. In the next part, Gardenia should be much less trouble than Roark, considering I have Chimchar, Zubat, Starly, and Kricketot to deal with her.

:dp/chimchar:
Sun Wukong (Chimchar) (M)
Ability: Blaze
Level: 12
Quirky Nature
- Scratch
- Leer
- Ember
- Taunt

:dp/kricketot:
Jimininy (Kricketot) (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Level: 4
Mild Nature
- Growl
- Bide

:dp/shinx:
Simba (Shinx) (M)
Ability: Rivalry
Level: 9
Docile Nature
- Tackle
- Leer
- Charge

:dp/zubat:
Bruce (Zubat) (M)
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 8
Lax Nature
- Leech Life
- Supersonic

:dp/starly:
Birb (Starly) (M)
Ability: Keen Eye
Level: 8
Quiet Nature
- Tackle
- Growl
- Quick Attack

:dp/geodude:
The Rock (Geodude) (M)
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 5
Hasty Nature
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Mud Sport

• Starter - Chimchar
  • Route 201 - Kricketot → Kricketune (dead)
  • Route 202 - Kricketot
  • Route 204 - Shinx
  • Ravaged Path - Zubat
  • Route 203 - Starly
  • Oreburgh Gate - Psyduck (dead)
  • Oreburgh Mine - Geodude

Attachments

Last edited:

Ruft

OU Leader
Post #2

Last time we left off in Oreburgh City.

We encounter Matchop at Route 207. Would've been useful against Roark, but oh well.

A powerful Pokemon requires a powerful name. Would've liked the potential prospect of No Guard Dynamic Punch, but Guts is cool too.

I need Rock Smash so I teach it to him as it's a decent early-game STAB.

With Rock Smash I can pick up some items in Oreburgh Gate.

As we return to Jubilife City we have our first encounter with Team Galactic. Professor Rowan destroys them with facts and logic.

Battling them together with Dawn wasn't much of an issue.

With Rock Smash we can now go through the Ravaged Path. I pick up the TM for Rock Tomb along the way.

While battling some trainers Birb learns Wing Attack; Flying STAB will certainly be useful.

We also pick up the TM for Bullet Seed.

And with that we reach Floaroma Town!

You can't say no to a girl crying for her father, can you?

At Valley Windworks I'm happy to find a Shellos; it can fill the hole in the team Messiah the Psyduck left.

I would've preferred Storm Drain over Sticky Hold, but I can't complain. I store The Rock in the PC for now.

My team is a bit underleveled, so I figured I'd do a bit of grinding and get every member of the team up to level 12 before taking on Team Galactic in the Valley Windworks.

Karate Chop is definitely a good move for our champion.

Strong Ground move get!

Goals

After saving this dude from Team Galactic he gives us some Honey.

Might as well put it to use; gotta remember to check it out tomorrow.

The Valley Windworks infiltration begins.

Wukong reaches level 14, which means...

Monferno, with Mach Punch for Fighting STAB to boot!

Mars is definitely a scary fight.

Zubat was no trouble, but now it's time to take on the level 17 Purugly.

Fake Out is definitely annoying.

Since it does a bit less than half and Scratch is equally strong, I can take another hit and hit her back with a 60 BP Low Kick, doing just under half.

Since Machampion is in Faint Attack range, the AI goes for it as I switch to Wukong, doing minimal damage.

After kicking the cat, it's time to punch it.

Mach Punch does a decent chunk, but she heals up with her Oran Berry. Scratch does under half, so I'll have to pray she doesn't crit me.

Thankfully she doesn't, and now another Mach Punch will take Purugly out.

Victory with no casualties!

Truly a very touching father-daughter reunion.

Thankfully poison doesn't take out your Pokemon outside of battle in these games.

Bidoof is our Route 207 encounter. Not the best, but it can come in useful as a HM slave.

Castor's gonna be the name as it's the Latin name for the beaver genus. Unaware is cool, but I think Simple would be more useful.

As we battle more trainers, Birb learns the true best move in the game.

Bruce also gets a move that's better than Leech Life and Astonish.

After a close encounter with a trainer's Bidoof, Simba has earned its Electric STAB!

Birb reaches level 14, which means...

Staravia! He will certainly help out in the upcoming Gardenia battle. He also has Intimidate as its ability now, which is very nice.

Reaching Eterna Forest, we meet up with Cheryl. Having her heal up my Pokemon along the way is incredibly nifty.

I'm very glad to encounter a Budew in Eterna Forest! Now we need to hope Cheryl's Chansey doesn't take it out before we can catch it.

Thankfully we are able to take out Buneary without touching Budew...

...and we capture it without a sweat. I store Machampion in the PC for now (as I already have a Fighting-type in Wukong), and Rose joins the party to complete the Fire-Water-Grass core with Monferno and Shellos.

I'm happy to see Natural Cure as its ability.

Advancing through the forest, Simba reaches level 15, meaning...

Luxio!

At this point I cleared Eterna Forest, but I realized being teamed up with Cheryl is the prime opportunity to do some grinding before the next Gym. I figured having everyone reach level 18 is a good goal. Not Rose however, which I will explain in a minute.

Sheldon learns Hidden Power. Since it hits Cascoon super-effectively and does neutral damage to Hoothoot, it's gotta be either Fire- or Flying-type, which is very good coverage for Shellos!

Bruce also learns Flying STAB.

Simba also gets some nifty coverage.

Hopefully we won't have to use Endeavor much, but it might come in handy in clutch situations.

Goals reached.

Cheryl gives us the Soothe Bell, which is why I haven't trained Rose yet.

With the Soothe Bell equipped she'll gain more happiness, which means she can evolve into Roselia and access its learnset at a much earlier level. I also know for a fact that the next route has a bunch of Magikarp trainers she can battle.

The Rose training arc continues.

As Simba takes care of a Goldeen for her, she learns a stronger Grass STAB!

After this we reach Eterna City.

We go and see the statue and meet Cyrus again.

I also check out the next route. Our encounter there is another Bidoof.

On our way back, we meet Cynthia and she gives us the HM for Cut. What a nice lady.

Continuing the Bidoof trend after Castor, I name this one Pollux after the Greek myth. This one's got Unaware as its ability too.

Now the time has come to take on the second Gym!

Battling the trainers Wukong learns a physical Fire move, which will certainly be used a lot.

Before taking on Gardenia I make sure to buy some Super Potions.

It's time.

I lead off with Staravia, as Intimidate weakens Turtwig's Razor Leaf.

As I hit it with Wing Attack, it smartly goes for Reflect.

I quickly realize that I can spam Double Team to stall out the Reflect and set myself up for the other Pokemon.

However, I forgot that Cherrim has Magical Leaf.

It doesn't do much, and Wing Attack does just over half in return.

We tank another one, as another Wing Attack takes it out.

As I heal up Staravia, I've come to realize Roserade has Magical Leaf as well.

It doesn't do too much, but it does put me in range of a crit. I decide to go through.

The next Magical Leaf leaves Staravia at 6 HP, while Wing Attack does over half, but Roserade's Sitrus Berry heals it up.

I heal up and go for another attack. Thankfully, neither of the Magical Leaf crit and Staravia hangs on at 4 HP.

Wing Attack takes it out!

Birb is indeed a very good boy.

We get the second badge without casualties! In hindsight, using Zubat would've probably been safer than Staravia, but where's the fun without the risk?

She also gives us the TM for Grass Knot, which could definitely come in handy. We can also use Cut outside of battle now.

We end this part with no casualties! The gang's looking really nice.

Next part, I'm gonna make it a priority to train up Rose during the day to make sure she evolves relatively early. I'm also gonna try not to forget to check out the honey tree at Floaroma Meadow.

:dp/monferno:
Sun Wukong (Monferno) (M)
Level: 19
Quirky Nature
- Flame Wheel
- Mach Punch
- Ember
- Taunt

:dp/luxio:
Simba (Luxio) (M)
Level: 18
Docile Nature
- Tackle
- Bite
- Charge
- Spark

:dp/zubat:
Bruce (Zubat) (M)
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 19
Lax Nature
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Wing Attack
- Bite

:dp/staravia:
Birb (Staravia) (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 20
Quiet Nature
- Endeavor
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

:dp/shellos:
Sheldon (Shellos) (M)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Level: 18
Rash Nature
- Mud-Slap
- Mud Bomb
- Hidden Power
- Water Pulse

:dp/budew:
Rose (Budew) (F) @ Soothe Bell
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 13
Lax Nature
- Absorb
- Growth
- Mega Drain
- Stun Spore

• Starter - Chimchar → Monferno
  • Route 202 - Kricketot
  • Route 204 - Shinx → Luxio
  • Ravaged Path - Zubat
  • Route 203 - Starly → Staravia
  • Route 207 - Machop
  • Valley Windworks - Shellos
  • Route 205 - Bidoof
  • Eterna Forest - Budew
  • Route 211 - Bidoof

Last edited:

Ruft

OU Leader
Post #3

We left off in Eterna City.

Castor starts her job as HM slave.

I find a SilverPowder and give it to Bruce for a stronger Leech Life.

The Pokemon we get from the honey tree in Floaroma Meadow is... a male Combee.

I doubt Barry B. Benson is ever gonna leave the PC.

Time to check out the Old Chateau.

I encounter a Gastly, very nice. Can't get Gengar though, so it's just gonna be stored in the PC for now.

I find and old cake. Yuck!

I also find the Dread Plate, with an ominous text inscribed on it. I give it to Simba for a stronger Bite.

There's definitely a good chance I'll teach Substitute to one of my Pokemon at some point.

Gonna come back here when it's nighttime.

How do so many of the Pokemon I catch have a Lax nature?

Now it's time for me to grind up Rose to evolve into Roselia during the daytime.

After battling many Pokemon up to level 24 and not having evolved yet, I decided to move onto clearing Route 211.

And so we enter Mt. Coronet for the first time!

Our encounter here is a Nosepass.

We manage to capture it and appropriately call it PotatoHead (I have in fact seen Toy Story). I store Bruce the Zubat since its typing overlaps with Staravia and Budew.

Taunt could maybe come in handy at some point.

As you may or may not know, Nosepass evolves when leveled up in a special magnetic field, which Mt. Coronet happens to contain.

Big Papa Probopass!

I can't be the only one who thinks having one of these at level 15 is a bit odd. It has Magnet Pull, which is cool I guess.

Pretty sure I can steal berries and such with this, which could come in handy.

Now it's time to infiltrate the Team Galactic Eterna building.

Having a level 24 Budew and a level 15 Probopass fighting together is comical.

Time to fight Commander Jupiter.

Should be an easy job for PotatoHead.

Zubat's Giga Drain bounces off and PotatoHead's Rock Throw does a lot.

This one's gonna be a bit tougher.

Unfortunately Night Slash (crit) is doing quite a bit, while Rock Throw is doing very little now.

Wukong, resistant to Night Slash, manages to take Skuntank down, saving the bicycle shop owner.

On my way to get the bicycle, Cynthia gives me another gift. Again, what a nice lady.

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike! Now I backtrack a bit since I know there was a part of Oreburgh Gate only accesible by bike. Biking long distances makes progress on the egg and Rose's friendship anyway.

I missed this one earlier, could be nice in tandem with Rest.

Brick Break is definitely nice to have.

And as we return to Eterna City, the egg hatches!

Yay!

Hustle? Well, that pretty much makes it unviable. Boxed.

Time to stock up on some more Poké Balls. Why are there still no Great Balls available?

Cleared the cycling road.

The Route 206 encounter is another Machop. Would've like to see Gligar, but it's alright.

Poison Barb is an item Rose can use later.

Hoping I'll find a Gible as my first encounter.

YES!

Between Dragon Rage always doing 40 and Sand Tomb trapping your Pokemon, Gible is a very dangerous Pokemon to catch, but fortunately we manage to do it without much of a sweat.

I'd go Chomper here. Impish is a good nature too! Gonna be very careful to not let this one die.

We also find one of the best TMs out there! I teach it to Gible, since it doesn't actually learn it naturally. With Dragon Rage and Earthquake it is truly a menace.

I make my way to Mira deep in the cave as quickly as possible, so she can heal my Pokemon along the way. I decide that I won't leave this cave until Rose has finally evolved.

And sure enough, right after the next battle, Rose reaches level 28...

...and evolves into Roselia.

She also learns Toxic Spikes, which can definitely come in useful for some major battles.

I give Rose the Poison Barb (though it doesn't actually know any Poison-type attacks yet) and in turn give Birb the Soothe Bell so I can teach it Return in the future.

Double Team is another nice TM.

After I get the gang (bar Birb which is in the box to make place for Castor) up to level 22 I say goodbye to the cave (and to Mira).

Dawn is nice enough to give me the Vs. Seeker...

...and the Dowsing Machine. Very nifty to find hidden items.

In Mt. Coronet, I meet Cyrus again. He's kind of a weirdo.

At Route 208 we find... Budew.

As we reach Hearthome City, I stop this Buneary from escaping its trainer's tyranny.

Secret Power is a very interesting move.

More cheese options.

Money, money, money! Might as well give this to Wukong for now.

Spoopy

It's great to see Mom again.

Rose got a lot of smart moves, so I figure I might as well join a contest.

I'm looking fabulous...

...and so does Rose.

Owned by the voltage...

Now the time has come to challenge the Hearthome Gym. The trainers weren't too much of an issue, apart from the annoying overuse of Confuse Ray and Hypnosis (and Drifloon's dangerous Aftermath ability).

Before challenging Fantina herself, I decide to train up all members of the team up to level 24.

Chomper too, which means...

Gabite!

Training complete.

Making sure to stock up on some Super Potions and Awakenings before the fight.

Here we go!

I lead off with Wukong to avoid getting burned with Will-O-Wisp. I hit her with Flame Wheel, doing just under half, as she goes for Pursuit, thankfully. Ember doesn't put her in potion range, as she goes for Future Sight. Then, I finish Duskull off with another Flame Wheel.

I make sure to switch to Birb on Haunter, as I don't want Wukong the catch the Future Sight and he's immune to Haunter's Ghost-type attacks. He also weakens Haunter with Intimidate.

It doesn't do much at all, as he takes a Hypnosis.

After waking it up with an Awakening and going for a Wing Attack, I come to realize Haunter's moveset is Shadow Claw, Sucker Punch, Hypnosis, and Confuse Ray. This means I can just spam Double Team on her and the only thing that can hurt me is confusion self-hurt. I go for Double Team six times and then Birb takes down Haunter with another Wing Attack.

Now it's time for the big one, but I figure I'll be okay with +6 Evasiveness.

This one has Magical Leaf too, seriously?

Thankfully it's not doing much since Birb is resistant.

You sure about that, Fantina?

I heal Birb up just to be safe, since I figured she'll do the same.

After going for another Magical Leaf, she managed to hit Birb with a Psybeam, which does quite a lot.

As I heal Birb up, she manages to hit him with another one.

At this point Mismagius is really low and Birb is at 34/64 HP after taking a Psybeam. I figure surely she won't go for another one, hit it and get a high roll/critical hit...

She does in fact go for Psybeam and it does connect yet again on +6 Evasiveness Birb, and it happens to be a high roll and confuses Birb. What are the odds of that?!
Thankfully, Birb lives on 1 (!) HP, doesn't hit himself in confusion, and takes out Mismagius with a Wing Attack. Beast.
What a thrilling and unlikely series of events...

Well, at least we got another badge without any casualties again.

I guess I might teach it to one of my Pokemon later on for Ghost coverage.

And this is where we're at right now. The gang's looking better and better, I'm just hoping I won't lose any of them soon.

:dp/monferno:
Sun Wukong (Monferno) (M) @ Amulet Coin
Level: 24
Quirky Nature
- Flame Wheel
- Mach Punch
- Ember
- Taunt

:dp/luxio:
Simba (Luxio) (M) @ Dread Plate
Docile Nature
- Roar
- Bite
- Charge
- Spark

:dp/staravia:
Birb (Staravia) (M) @ Soothe Bell
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 25
Quiet Nature
- Endeavor
- Double Team
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

:dp/shellos:
Sheldon (Shellos) (M)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Rash Nature
- Rain Dance
- Mud Bomb
- Hidden Power
- Water Pulse

:dp/roselia:
Rose (Roselia) (F) @ Poison Barb
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 28
Lax Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Growth
- Mega Drain
- Stun Spore

:dp/gabite:
Chomper (Gabite) (F)
Ability: Sand Veil
Impish Nature
- Dragon Rage
- Earthquake
- Take Down
- Sand Tomb

• Starter - Chimchar → Monferno
  • Route 202 - Kricketot
  • Route 204 - Shinx → Luxio
  • Ravaged Path - Zubat
  • Route 203 - Starly → Staravia
  • Route 207 - Machop
  • Valley Windworks - Shellos
  • Route 205 - Bidoof
  • Eterna Forest - Budew → Roselia
  • Route 211 - Bidoof
  • Floaroma Meadow - Combee
  • Mt. Coronet - Nosepass → Probopass
  • Eterna City - Togepi (egg)
  • Route 206 - Machop
  • Wayward Cave - Gible → Gabite
  • Route 208 - Budew

Ruft

OU Leader
You have any Pokemon you hope to be able to catch in the future?

Either way, your team looks in good shape! (Nice first try Gible catch btw)
If no more Pokemon die I could definitely beat the game with my current team, but that's an unlikely prospect. A Psychic-type like Ralts would be nice, but I'll also be happy with backup Fire/Water/Grass Pokemon like Houndour, Magikarp (which I can fish for soon), and Tangela in case Monferno, Shellos or Roselia die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)