Saw Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
.......fuck. It was gettin awesome. I enjoyed being Mekkah's info gatherer while it lasted. So now does m0nk get the most serious infraction possible for screwin it up like you said you would do?
As far as I am aware, he has been barred from posting in Firebot for some amount of time (and I'm definitely not letting him into any future mafia games I host).

Well, I hope you can do something as elaborate as this again Obi! It was fun while it lasted. (and just getting good too...) Thanks for taking the time to do this, even if you had to end it very early.

also....I wasn't really a betrayer.

Obi said:
You are the Masons You are double agents. You still have whatever powers I PMed you with earlier. The difference is that you are not working toward the goal that I said you were. You win this game when everyone not in this group is dead. Work together, as you have a variety of factions. You are allowed to copy and paste to each other anything I sent any of you.

Remember: there is more than one way to kill your enemies.
I was wondering if the masons were going to gain special powers lol.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Lol, SePh, It wasn't going to be "good" for you much longer lol...

We were totally getting ready to kill off every Betrayer with the awesome Hooker + Rapist combo...

Indeed, Props to Obi for creating such in intircat Mafia game, with so many special roles and everything.

I have actually been reading this thread since it seemed like an interesting game. If this is ever hosted again then I would like to play.... I can't believe some douche actually ruined the whole thing.

Wait, Obi... did you save the info on your cpu? If you did then it wouldn't take much to redo a whole new game would it? Obviously we could keep Monkfish out so he can't ruin it.

I realize that this probably took a lot of time and effort to put together, so I am not asking you to just make a whole new game tomorrow. It would just be cool to know that you could start a new game in X amount of days/months so that I can play one day.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For anyone interested, here are some of my notes (I don't feel like going through Mafia2 to get the others):

The roles (* = side of Betrayers, + = side of Wrathful, # side of Lustful, the symbol determines which side they win with):

Lustful#: No special abilities

Stalker#: Can select one person (other than himself) to protect from night-time killings.

Hooker#: Can select one person to spend the night with. This person cannot do anything that night. If the Hooker spends the night with one Wrathful, then no Wrathful gets the kill. If the Hooker spends the night with one Betrayer, then no Betrayer gets the kill. If the Hooker attempts to hook Amanda, she is killed instead of Amanda's actual target. The hooker cannot hook the same person two nights in a row.

Smooth Talker#: Has two day-time votes.

Voyeur#: Can find out one person's role per night (they are PMed with the description given to the person for their role, except for the Fall Guy, who shows up as identical to a member of the Betrayers). If the character chosen has extra information, this extra information is not revealed (for instance, inspecting the Psychic does not mean the Voyeur knows about all other roles, but instead knows that the Psychic knows all roles, and if he inspects a member of a Mafia, the identities of other members are not revealed). If the Voyeur dies, a back-up Voyeur is drawn from the Lustful.

Rapist#: The Rapist has been infected with a particularly virulent STD to which only I have the antidote. The Rapist does not feel any ill effects, but can select one person per night to violate. Those that the Rapist violates, however, will not be so lucky, as they will not have the antibodies. Three nights after being raped encounter, they will die.

Erotomaniac#: During the day, if the Erotomaniac uses the phrase "good bye <name>" in any of his posts, <name> is killed the following night. The Erotomaniac only has the heart to fall in love with and subsequently kill once in the entire game.

Psychic#: Knows the description of every role, but not who is part of any role. After the voyeur dies, information passes to the back-up voyeur. If he is dead (or if he gets the information and then dies), you get any information that they have collected, so you may not want to reveal yourself early.

Wrathful+: All Wrathful know who each other are. They decide to kill one person in the night. If they cannot reach consensus, the Big Boss has final say. If killed, another Wrathful becomes the new Big Boss. If they are dissatisfied with the Big Boss's decisions, they can hold a secret vote by sending me a PM asking to lynch the Big Boss. If a majority of the Wrathful choose this route in one night, the Wrathful's kill is replaced by killing the Big Boss. The Big Boss is unaware of this option, however.

Blackmailer+: Knows who all the Wrathful are, and they know who he is. He is not part of the decision to kill someone in the night, however, and if all the actual Wrathful are killed, the Blackmailer is immediately discovered and executed. He can Blackmail one person each night into letting him hear their tape.

Betrayers*: All Betrayers know who each other are. They decide to kill one person in the night. If they cannot reach consensus, the Ring Leader has final say. If killed, another Betrayer becomes the new Ring Leader. If they are dissatisfied with the Ring Leader's decisions, they can hold a secret vote by sending me a PM asking to lynch the Ring Leader. If a majority of Betrayers choose this route in one night, the Betrayer's kill is replaced by killing the Ring Leader. The Ring Leader is unaware of this option, however.

Mole*: Knows who all the Betrayers are, and they know who he is. He is not part of the decision to kill someone in the night, however, and if all the actual Betrayers are killed, the mole is immediately discovered and executed. In an unusual act of loyalty, his test is to get lynched during the day to draw suspicion off of an actual Betrayer (or perhaps put suspicion onto a Bystander). Shows up as a Lustful when checked by Voyeur or Blackmailer.

Fair Weather Friend*: Can select 5 of the people to follow around for a night, and will find out what actions people do to them. For instance, if they choose to follow STEVETHEPEEVE, and he is protected, they will learn that STEVETHEPEEVE was protected, but not who protected him. Votes with the Betrayers.

Amanda^: Kills one person in the middle of the night. Amanda wins if everyone else loses. Amanda believes she is a regular Lustful (and behaves exactly as one) until she is killed in the night, then she gains her Amanda powers instead of dying. If she is lynched, she dies normally.

There are also some Masons in this house. They appear to have normal roles, but they have different ends that they are working for. They want to be the only people alive at the end, regardless of the affiliation of their roles. In other words, they get any special abilities of their other roles, but they don't win with their normal group, they only win if the only guys left alive are other masons.

Wrathful: Pidgeot79, Isy, Pillowrath, Bulblax, Fishin, Havak, koalakid
Big Boss: zerowing
Blackmailer: Zephyrman

Betrayers: GetThunderStruck, the Lexx, Venom, Lord Gloom, SePh, Mr.378, CaptKirby, Minwu, West, Dak
Ring Leader: Shiv
Mole: Jackal
Fair Weather Friend: Judgement

Lustful: gmax, R2-D2-Rules!, WER, StrangerDanger, Mekkah, JimBob, Thunderpup
Psychic: Gormenghast
Erotomaniac: cookie
Rapist: Lord_Sunday
Voyeur: gsumbreon
Smooth Talker: Max
Hooker: Portugeez
Stalker: Hyra
Amanda: Blue Kirby
Voyeur back-up: cook

Double Agents (Masons)

cook, GTS, R2-D2 Rules!, SePh, StrangerDanger

N2
Hipmonlee: killed by Betrayers
Gormenghast: raped by Lord_Sunday
gsumbreon: blackmailed by Zephyrman
Basics: killed by Wrathful
Lord_Sunday: Voyeured by gsumbreon

obi

formerly david stone
If I redid this, it would be drastically different. I'd probably use a different theme (but they are planning Saw VI already, so...). At the very least, I'd have to create a bunch of new roles to keep the limited information theme going.

The next mafia game will probably be a much more simple mafia game, more IRC style. All the roles (and the number of each role) will be layed out at the start. The only information given will be that and "X has died. Y has died. It's now daytime. Begin voting."

I don't plan on hosting it, though, because I want to play.

/edit: what do you mean? Mekkah is a Lustful lol

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You wouldn't believe how much of this Mekkah had worked out... He knew about, and who was: Amanda, Myself (Rapist), hooker, psychic, stalker (who was protecting him, btw), masons (one, at least), blackmailer, and voyuer lol...

Aw... so I didn't get to bodyguard Mekkah for ever. Without him, we were screwed. He was our Mohamed, he organized the Lustful into some coherent organization.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont know if the entire lustful side knew everything or just mekkah, but the wrathful were gonna kill gsumbreon on this night and we were gonna try and kill mekkah, if mekkah was protected we were gonna team up with wrathful to lynch mekkah (we had the numbers)

so i doubt the lustful were really in that good a position to win. Imo the masons would have won this game, cause its completely left field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)