Strategy & Metagame Scared of the Dark: Dark Type in LC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I write summaries like I play OU: Fairly badly, with a vague understanding from doing other things like it. Basically, I'd write about things like Pawniard, Vullaby, Houndour, Scraggy, and Carvanha (maybe others, but LC isn't exactly overflowing with viable Dark-types or viable Pokemon in general) Probably will have a co-author, but haven't decided whom yet. On a somewhat related note, I know GP does it as "Dark-types", but does that apply in the title? It looks weird to me. The probably co-author and I will QC each other, make sure we don't say anything, and we'll likely have more proficient players (read: Briyella) glance over it if we're worried. Probably for article not-this-one considering that the writers deadline has passed already and we already have, like, 4+ articles for it this issue anyways.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I dont think its necessarily a bad idea, but do question it a little. Pokemon like Pawniard, Scraggy, Carvanha, and Houndour have pretty well-known playstyles and I'm pretty sure Pawniard, Houndour, Vullaby, and Knock Off have been featured in articles already.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You don't have to do types per-se, you can do different different strategies (volt-turn, stall, trick room). Try to stray away from things that everyone knows about already.
I'd talk to Goddess Briyella if you want to get a better idea.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
As blizzardy mentioned, I don't think there is enough fresh content for this topic simply because the main Pokemon you would be talking about here have either already been covered in recent articles (such as Pawniard and Vullaby) or have been good from the start without any changes to their approach due to the metagame shifts, so everyone already knows what they're capable of (Carvanha, Houndour, and Scraggy).

Literally the only Dark-type in the current metagame in LC worth writing about that doesn't apply to the above filters is Stunky, which can switch into both Abra and Gastly while walling all of their attacks and then Pursuit-trap them, killing them both in one hit unless they have Focus Sash.

Unfortunately, after a lot of thought, I can confidently say that the only type in Little Cup that's worth writing about and would have new content is Flying, which has already been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)