SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Saw an offhand mention, but does loaded dice really remove 2 and 3 from the rolls? If so that makes pretty much all of the inconsistent multihit moves into 100-125 bp bombs that can might break through subs and still do damage.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is there a list of Pokémon in SV that have access to knock off anywhere? They cut its distribution so much that I think a list of them is very valuable for us.
Your best bet right now is to CRTL + F search in the pastebins. I don't think any online dexes are updated.

You don't think Slack Off would be worthwhile? From what I heard recovery is pretty important for Unaware pokemon (never actually used one before as none of the ones with the Ability particularly appealed to me).
I mean it would be nice but without defensive boosts he's better off using unaware in an offensive way.

Not to mention his typing isn't super defensively relevant.

Something strange I just noticed when I was going over the Cutting moves. A lot of them are very similar to one another, typically having high crit ratios and mentioning slashing in their description in some shape or form. So I wonder why Shadow Claw isnt among those being boosted? It mentions slashing in its descriptor, and is basically a Slash Clone of itself, cant imagine why it' d be excluded...

Might compile one myself then, assuming no one has one already.
If you don't I plan on incorporating the level up sets into my sheet eventually. It's just kind of a pain to parse into a spreadsheet and I'm still coping for a patch to some of the sloppy ones

Something strange I just noticed when I was going over the Cutting moves. A lot of them are very similar to one another, typically having high crit ratios and mentioning slashing in their description in some shape or form. So I wonder why Shadow Claw isnt among those being boosted? It mentions slashing in its descriptor, and is basically a Slash Clone of itself, cant imagine why it' d be excluded...
Same with Dragon Claw, though it only had High Crit in PLA. I would say they kept it as "blade-like" as possible but Razor Leaf is there..

Yeah, the "personal" string shouldn't be anywhere in the files - the personal table is referenced via an fnv1a64 hash of its file path.
Thanks to your help it went well.
But this hash is not reversible with fnv1a64, right?
How did you find "avalon/data/personal_array.bin"? combination of dictionaries or in another file...?
success.png

Is there a list of Pokémon in SV that have access to knock off anywhere? They cut its distribution so much that I think a list of them is very valuable for us.
If you're really curious, many of the other speculation topics around this forum have made such lists for the potentially relevant mons of that tiers.

Ema Skye

Work!
Pre-Home: Donphan, Pelipper, Gardevoir, Hariyama, Sableye, Banette, Gallade, Zoroark, Salazzle, Passimian, Meowscarada, Cyclizar, Bombirdier, Klawf, Grafaiai, Great Tusk, Iron Treads, Iron Jugulis, Iron Valiant, Wo-Chien, Tinkaton, Toedscruel

Home Additions: Muk-A, Samurott, Samurott-H, Zoroark-H, Hoopa-U, Decidueye, Decidueye-H, Rillaboom

Last edited:
Yes! Then H-Samurott can get Sacred Sword and Knock-off. Amazing.
It feels like Someone and GF Said H Samurott is what Samurott should have been like to begin with and made it happen.

Are Golisopod, Ninjask, and Greninja ,and aceelgor in this game? I want to make a team of 3 feudal lords

KIngambit, Samurott, Golisopd as the lords and accelgor, Ninjask, greninja are their ninjas.

Thanks to your help it went well.
But this hash is not reversible with fnv1a64, right?
How did you find "avalon/data/personal_array.bin"? combination of dictionaries or in another file...?
View attachment 465501
My main goal while datamining SV was the personal data, and so I ended up just following the code path that read "personal_array.bin" backwards, until I found the "avalon/data/" string and put the two together.
I imagine you could do a string dump of the entire code binary, and then just mess around with combining various strings, taking their fnv1a64 hashes, and creating a dictionary of hashes and paths.
Also, the trpfd file has a set of paths for the first file in a directory, and if you strip off the "arc/" prefix, ".trpak" suffix, and sanitize the string with some forward slashes, the fnv1a64 hash of that string will match at least one hash in the trpfd.

I know this is ultimately low priority but is there any sign of the following in the Personal Data tables?
- Color
- Shape
- Exp Rate
- Exp Yield

The first two I feel like only ever show up in the HOME datamine but the other two I'd expect in game
I know color is in the personal table, and shape might follow it? There was an unknown field after it, but I couldn't determine what it was.
EXP Rate and Yield I don't think are in the data.

Man I am elated that my boi H.Samurott got some love. I dunno if he's gonna be OU or not, but just seeing him get so many fun tools to work with just makes my day

Ceaseless Edge
Aqua Cutter or Razor Shell
Sacred Sword
Swords Dance

^All this coupled with Sharpness sounds like a fun time

It seems like GF picked only moves based on 'cutting' and not 'clawing'. So moves like Scratch, Fury Swipes, Dragon Claw etc. aren't included.

I know color is in the personal table, and shape might follow it? There was an unknown field after it, but I couldn't determine what it was.
EXP Rate and Yield I don't think are in the data.
Wow huh that's the opposite of what I'd expect! If you need to verify them for a parse, Raichu and Charmander would have the same type, usually internally as Type 6 (Bipedal with tail).

Exp rate and yield are vital for how experience like... works so it's gotta be SOMEWHERE. Though it's possible they finally bit the bullet and had the latter just calc from evolution stage and base stat total (which is where the vast majority of them come from anyway).

Wow huh that's the opposite of what I'd expect! If you need to verify them for a parse, Raichu and Charmander would have the same type, usually internally as Type 6 (Bipedal with tail).

Exp rate and yield are vital for how experience like... works so it's gotta be SOMEWHERE. Though it's possible they finally bit the bullet and had the latter just calc from evolution stage and base stat total (which is where the vast majority of them come from anyway).
Do you have all types, and their associated names?
I'm surprised I didn't have an enum for this already - I guess while LA had the colors, it didn't have the shapes...? Annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)