SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Notable stuff:

That seals it; the box legends are also from the Books (of IMO dubious veracity), even if they aren't strictly speaking also from paranormal/dubious magazines. On another note, do we count the box legends as Paradox Pokemon, too?
Well it's been sealed for a while. They're paradox versions of Cyclizar, basically.
Assuming the Pokéverse of SV has a paleontological history roughly like ours, animals like Scream Tail weren't around 1 billion years ago. You had to wait until less than 700 million years ago for animals. (Intriguingly, there are findings of disc-shaped collections of perhaps Cyanobacteria from around 2.1 billion years ago, members of the Francevillian Biota...)

Sweet sheesh, that magazine even broke verisimilitude.
yeah the paranormal magazines are clearly akin to like, tabloids and genre magazines

I love the one Violet paradox that just went straight for "dubious magazine".
Iron Thorns: It has some similarities to a Pokémon introduced in a dubious magazine as a Tyranitar from one billion years into the future.

Like not even something worth getting the "paranormal" label.

The DLC should have the magazine archives imo

Wait what do you mean with "ultra beast cry"
All Ultra Beasts have this distinct end sequence to all their cries. the Cosmog line and Necrozma share it as well

(and Eternatus sounds very similar imo, though it is different)

Wait what do you mean with "ultra beast cry"
there's a low-pitched slash-like whine in the background of all UBs' cries, including Solgaleo and Lunala.

Nebby's final evolutions also have the prime base stats and prime move levels things (or at least they did in Gen 7, dunno if the Gen 8 standardization removed the move level thing) that UBs had. So it really comes down to whether you consider Beast Boost an important part of the definition of Ultra Beasts. Or "catchable at higher rate by Beast Balls."

It seems pretty clear they're meant to be in the same bucket as Ultra Beasts, but they're ~Special~ so they get the fancy Legendary label and segregated from the other UBs (unless you're Necrozma in the TCG where you get to play with the Ultra Beast mechanic) for marketing purposes.
Speaking of which, you know how Ultra Beasts have prime numbers as stats? Well Paradox Pokemon all have either Even number (Future) or Odd number (Past) stats.

Actually, now that you mention it, it hits exactly as hard as Wild Charge but will hit even harder with the new Punching Glove item. Hmmmmm.... Perhaps a set of

Pawmot @ Punching Glove
Jolly Nature
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Thunder Punch
-Close Combat
-Fake Out
-Nuzzle
If the Punching Glove multiplier is anything above x1.3, it might even be worth it to run drain punch as it can get to 117+

Even at x1.2 (like iron fist) it might be worth it at 108. (assuming they stack multiplicatively, not sure how it would work)

Speaking of which, you know how Ultra Beasts have prime numbers as stats? Well Paradox Pokemon all have either Even number (Future) or Odd number (Past) stats.
While this is a cute bit of design consistency, it's not as strong a definer as "prime base stats and level-up moves" because a lot of Pokemon have all-even base stats.

I don't have the game yet but I'm curious about 2 things? Can you catch Flabebe early in the game? Also, how early can you find Tinkaton or any of that line? What area are these Pokemon at on the map? Any help will be appreciated :)
I think I've noticed someone encountering Flabebé in a stream early. It was around the south somewhere not close to the starting area.

Tinkatink is a rare encounter on ruins. I made sure to pay attention to that one because I really want one. :totodiLUL:

Actually, now that you mention it, it hits exactly as hard as Wild Charge but will hit even harder with the new Punching Glove item. Hmmmmm.... Perhaps a set of

Pawmot @ Punching Glove
Jolly Nature
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Thunder Punch
-Close Combat
-Fake Out
-Nuzzle
No coverage?

I think I've noticed someone encountering Flabebé in a stream early. It was around the south somewhere not close to the starting area.

Tinkatink is a rare encounter on ruins. I made sure to pay attention to that one because I really want one. :totodiLUL:

No coverage?

The problem isn't coverage.

The problem is this Pawmot doesn't have revivial blessing.

A set of

Revivial blessing
Thunder punch
Close combat
Ice punc

Is probably the best

If the Punching Glove multiplier is anything above x1.3, it might even be worth it to run drain punch as it can get to 117+

Even at x1.2 (like iron fist) it might be worth it at 108. (assuming they stack multiplicatively, not sure how it would work)
Good point. Thunder Punch would have 108 with two 1.2x boosts active so if drain punch is 90% the power of Close Combat with no drawback and healing then I'd rather use Drain Punch.

Also, I'm pretty sure they'll stack multiplicatively. Most things do iirc.

No coverage?
Ok gotcha, find ruins and in the south.

Discussion from pages 100 to 200 when leaks were spreading like mad

- Yo this mon is broken, yo this mon, yo this mon, this mon, and this mon, and this mon, and this mon, and this mon, and this mon, this moon looks nasty, omg.

Discussion from page 300 onwards

- Now, which Pawmot set are we rockin.

Love how the meta has developed in the topic itself.

Apparently if the mouse is used in battle then it gets an evolution screen and if it levels via passive EXP share then it doesn't. Also it requires EXP from battling and rare candies won't work, and has to hit level 25 as mentioned.
Wait, does that influence which form it evolves into?

I love the idea of 'silent' evolution though. Like suddenly you just go "Wait there's more of them now?" :pika:

Actually, it's kinda reminiscent of Shedinja just appearing in your party when Nincada evolves.

question about raids for those who have been playing

has anyone encountered a 7*? those are more than likely the black crystal ones that are unlocked after certain post game events - I know there was a bug in the pre day 1 patch, but since the website talks about them I can’t imagine they’ve removed them.

And is there a wishing star equivalent in this game? the raids probably reset each real time day, but it would be nice to speed that up since the overall raid process seems so much more better than SWSH

And is there a wishing star equivalent in this game? the raids probably reset each real time day, but it would be nice to speed that up since the overall raid process seems so much more better than SWSH
Raids work kinda differently, they don't have "dens" (at least, not visibly, I assume behind the scenes they do) and keep respawning constantly.

There's no equivalent for wishing pieces since there's no actual "dens", however the Powers you get from sandwitches can alter the type of raids that do spawn, however.

Raids work kinda differently, they don't have "dens" (at least, not visibly, I assume behind the scenes they do) and keep respawning constantly.

There's no equivalent for wishing pieces since there's no actual "dens", however the Powers you get from sandwitches can alter the type of raids that do spawn, however.
Ooo, okay ty! Glad to hear they just respawn at a certain rate rather than once daily.

Actually, now that you mention it, it hits exactly as hard as Wild Charge but will hit even harder with the new Punching Glove item. Hmmmmm....
These are the calcs I ran for the damage outputs (using base power):

Wild Charge = 90, Close Combat = 120, Drain/Thunder Punch = 75
Drain/Thunder Punch with Iron Fist = 75 x 1.3 = 97.5 technically better than Wild Charge
Drain Thunder Punch with Iron Fist and Punching Glove (assuming 50% buff) = 97.5 x 1.5 = 146.25 better than CC
Drain Thunder Punch with Iron Fist and Punching Glove (assuming 20% buff) = 97.5 x 1.2 = 117 slightly worse than CC (in terms of damage alone)

As such, Iron Fist Thunder Punch is better than Wild Charge, but Iron Fisted Drain Punch is not better than Close Combat. If running Punching Glove, Drain Punch is generally better than Close Combat due to the lack of defense drops and extra healing. (Let me know if I missed something, I may have applied the modifiers wrong)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)