Sceptile Sweep

I wanted a team revolving around my favorite starter, Sceptile! I've been working on this team now for about a week. It has been in 13 matches and has won 12 of them. It revolves around Sceptile and is supposed to be able to give him his sweep.

Team Building:

It started out with the obvious Sceptile

After I had him I knew I needed something for his weaknesses, Heatran immediately came to mind.

I then wanted something for Heatran's Ground and Fighting weakness. Gengar came to mind and he could serve as a spinblocker.

After that I wanted a Pursiot user to handle opposing Gengar which I figured would give me trouble. Tyranitar would be devistated by a Focus Blast so I chose Scizor, who can also serve as a fire attraction for Heatran.

After all fo that I realized I needed a Spinner and a SR. I chose Starmie as my Spinner and Aerodactyl as my SR.

Now onto the movesets!!

Aerodactyl-Focus Sash
Pressure
@Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attk/ 252 Spe
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Taunt

I wanted him to be my lead Pokemon because he is the fastest Stealth Rocker which also means he can Taunt all the other SR leads. Rock Slide is for effective STAB and the flinch chance is very good, Earthquake is a good move for coverage, as it always is. How I play him normaly depends on who I am fighting but he always gets his job done either way, which is set up rocks.

Starmie-Leftovers
Natural Cure
@Timid
EVs: 136 HP/ 156 Def/ 216 Spe
Surf
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

I wanted Starmie as my Spinner due to her high speed and impressive coverage. I chose the EVs of the Bulky Rapid Spin Starmie, but chose the moves of the normal Starmie, she always seems to work out well as a Spinner and she can act as a Sweeper, as normaly she won't be going down in one hit and she can almost always hit first. Gyarados fall to her even with a DD an Earthquake can't beat her in one hit and Gyara is still slower than she is.

Scizor-Choice Band
Technician
@Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Attk/ 8 Spe
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
U Turn
Super Power

He is a great Pursuit user and revenge killer, these are the roles he mostly plays here. He is a great attraction for Fire moves and scares Gengar and others off quickly. He can come into some of Sceptile's weaknesses but normaly I'd throw him in to whatever finished off Aero to Bullet Punch or Pursuit them away then swap him out if I need to and throw him out later. I can U Turn if it's the middle of the battle and I know they will throw in somehting he is scared of, Superpower serves as my Blissy check who otherwise stops this whole team. Pursuit and BP are his two primary moves and get Technician boost so both are very useful.

Gengar-Expert Belt
Levitate
@Timid
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 Spe/ 252 SpA
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (Fire)
Energy Ball

A Spinblocker gengar who can come into Heatran's weaknesses or come into Rapid Spin. Hidden Power Fire is great for Forretress, Shadow Ball for Starmie, the two most common Spinners. Energy Ball can devistate Swampert, and it is a somewhat unexpected move to see on a Gengar. Expert Belt adds to his power and can trick the opponent into thinking he's Choiced.

Heatran-Leftovers
Flash Fire
@Naive
EVs: 252 Spe/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
Flamethrower
Earth Power
Hidden Power (Ice)
Roar

He can come into a lot of attacks, because of this I gave him Leftovers instead of the normal Choice Scarf. Flamethrower is here for accuracy, which has saved me a lot. Earth Power are for non Scarfe'd Trans. HP Ice for dragons and Ice types, while Roar is kind of a filler making him a bit of a phazer.

Sceptile-Life Orb
Overgrow
@Hasty
EVs: 28 Attk/ 228 Spe/ 252 SpA
Leaf Storm
Earthquake
Hidden Power (Fire)
Dragon Pulse

My primary Pokemon, I try to save him for mid to late game so he can come in and wreck teams bit time. His huge speed and high SpA can tear through things. EQ is for Fire types if I need it and is just a great move in general. Leaf Storm is a fantastic STAB move and can obliterate Vaporeon even at full HP. HP Fire is for Steels who are immune to EQ, while Dragon Pulse is pretty much a filler able to do damage to Dragons who may give him trouble.

Remove HP Ice & Roar from Heatran for Substitute and Explosion. This way, it can take advantage of the switches it will force and kill a wall or problematic Pokemon during its service.

As for Gengar, you don't need it. It only adds to your Scarfed Tyranitar and Banded Scizor weakness.

Instead, have a Lum Berry (Lead) Metagross waiting in the wings. With Metagross, you will actually have an answer to Lead Machamps and Lead Scarfed Jirachis that try to kill Aerodactyl. ;o

But Heatran has nothing it can switch out for if Aero is gone, and he normaly goes down in a little bit.
I noticed that as well... >_>; It's hard for me to suggest something with Sceptile being a permanent member of this team.

How about this: replace Starmie with a Swampert in addition to changing Gengar to Metagross? Starmie's somewhat redundant with Sceptile acting as your Special sweeper. Your team isn't Stealth Rock weak so a Rapid Spinner is not needed. Swampert easily deals with physical attacks like Earthquake. Plus, it just so happens to be an excellent counter to Jolteons with Hidden Power Ice. >_>; Jolteon is unchecked by this team otherwise and will inflict heavy damage, especially if it gets its Charge Beam boost. Dx Protect also lets it scout for attacks such as Hidden Power Grass or Explosion, and Roars on predicted switches further screws over your opponent. ;o I believe Swampert will truly be of great help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)