Scrafty

Bulky Dragon Dancer with a great neutral STAB and good coverage alongside it. I like Zuruzukin, and it can easily net a few more boosts with Overconfidence or set up easier with it's other abilities.

Wouldn't payback be better then crunch on most sets (not dragon dance) because the only important things this guy is faster then are blissey(lol) Rankurusu and bronzong(maybe desukhan)

Bulky Dragon Dancer with a great neutral STAB and good coverage alongside it. I like Zuruzukin, and it can easily net a few more boosts with Overconfidence or set up easier with it's other abilities.
And unlike most Dragon Dancers, does not have a crippling weakness :) Zuru seems to be able to take hits, even a few SE ones, like a champ

yea he seems got at hit taking and with that great def. and spe def. i dont think he needs evs in that but he could use some work with a wider moveset more acsses to dark moves like sucker punch and thief

yea he seems got at hit taking and with that great def. and spe def. i dont think he needs evs in that but he could use some work with a wider moveset more acsses to dark moves like sucker punch and thief
I don't think Thief will be necessary on something as offensively built as Zuru, but Sucker Punch would have made his bulky set more proactive with a powerful STAB priority move. But then again, Payback on the bulky set does more damage, and has more PP to boot, so it would make more sense.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, look! Bulky Voodoom with Dragon Dance!

This looks to be an absolute monster. Seriously, its moveset seems like Game Freak felt like making up for Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, and crew. Dragon Dance/Claw? A boosted Head Smash is something I do not want to face. Crunch? It barely has a mouth... the lack of Earthquake is a bit disappointing, though. It can get a bunch of moves from Smeargle, meaning no illegalities. DUDE.

(lol bump)

I think it's supposed to be a punk that's part of some gang that's name has Dragon in it, hence all the Dragon attacks and the fact that it's in the Dragon Egg group. Head Smash really isn't all that bad from it since its Hi Jump Kick and Focus Punch are much more powerful after STAB. It seems like max HP/SpDef sets with Bulk Up/Drain Punch/Payback/filler and Shed Skin seem to the best because they're crazy hard to take down and you really have to phaze it or hit it with a STAB SE Special attack to take it out. Status won't even last too long because of Shed Skin.

Recently I've tested Zuruzukin and since then I've never made a team without it. I used the Bulky DD Set with Drain Punch > Hi Jump Kick and I would seriously recommend it to any user that needs a bulky set-up sweeper and an answer to random shit like Tyranitar or whatever. Drain Punch has such amazing utility with good base power after STAB and the HP heal that it wouldn't be out of place on any set IMO.

I have a question regarding his Movepool. Instead of some wacky-tacky moveset, I just want a typical Dragon Dance/3 Moves set.

I want him to know:

Dragon Dance
Drain Punch
Crunch
Zen Headbutt/Head Smash

Problem is, 2 or 3 of these moves are Egg moves. Through crossbreeding, can I achieve all 3, or at least 2? If it is possible, I'd like a step-by-step process of chaining these moves onto him.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Step 1: Capture Smeargle
Step 2: Sketch relevant moves
Step 3: Do a victory celebration of your choosing (I reccomend the classic 'V' salute).

My favorite pokemon of Gen V so far. I used it in-game and I more or less swept the Elite 4 with it. Sure, that's in-game, but I'm in love with this mon :D

Competitively, I think I'll use it in conjunction with Bulk Up or Dragon Dance. Its movepool, as stated before, is most excellent.

Question: couldn't Zuzu be relatively viable under Trick Room? Come in, use Bulk Up and proceed to sweep and even take priority like a champ. This makes me want to try out Trick Room for the first time...

You're not supposed to set up in Trick Room. Also, Machamp is generally a better TR sweeper, what with Dynamicpunch and more attack and accurate etc.

Yeah, but even one turn of setup would help it a ton and it eliminates the speed issue for 3 more turns, which could be the game (depending on the team and moves and whatever).

Keep in mind this is all theorymon. I'm going to try it out, and it might turn out it's a shitty TR mon, but it could be really fun to use, too.

I have a question regarding his Movepool. Instead of some wacky-tacky moveset, I just want a typical Dragon Dance/3 Moves set.

I want him to know:

Dragon Dance
Drain Punch
Crunch
Zen Headbutt/Head Smash

Problem is, 2 or 3 of these moves are Egg moves. Through crossbreeding, can I achieve all 3, or at least 2? If it is possible, I'd like a step-by-step process of chaining these moves onto him.

Besides Smeargle, is there any other way I can teach him these 3 moves?

Besides Smeargle, is there any other way I can teach him these 3 moves?
Well the Salamence family can get you Dragon Dance + Zen Headbutt. But you can't get Drain Punch + Dragon Dance + Zen Headbutt without Smeargle.
EveeTrainer said:
Don't really understand why this thing gets Intimidate... It looks stupid, not scary.
I don't know, I think a Lizard with a Mohawk that wears a Hip-Hop artist's outfit is pretty darn scary...

Well the Salamence family can get you Dragon Dance + Zen Headbutt. But you can't get Drain Punch + Dragon Dance + Zen Headbutt without Smeargle.
Ok thanks for the info. Smeargle it is then.

I think more people should consider Drain Punch, as Zuru is quite bulky, and with constant healing sources combined with boosted power and speed would be really hard to take down, given the right time and place.

I love how we finally got a bulky Shed Skin user, absorbing status like they don't mean anything is amazing.
Bulk Up/Rest/HJK/Crunch is my favorite set so far.

breh

強いだね
I'm sorry but both of your opponents were terrible, terrible n00bs in that battle.

For god's sake one of them was using Meganium in an OU battle.

I mean I'm all for Zuruzukin but those videos are not great ways of showing its strength..

EDIT: Also why are you not running a more Specially defensive set?

Honestly I was kind of shocked when Clefable's focus blast almost KOed Zuzurukin...I thought it would do much less, even SE.
Drain punch is really really cool though, and I can finally see the utility in shed skin. I would still prefer to have overconfidence.

You should still feel like a turdburger for thinking this guys design is worse then voltorbs.
This thing's design makes Voltorb look like a glowing masterpiece of artistry. You know something's wrong when something makes Voltorb and Probopass look good... >_>

Okay, so despite the God-awful design, something that seems to have befallen all the new fighting types, Zuruzukin looks fairly decent competitively thanks to the excellent typing and movepool, but I really think that if you're going to boost than Bulk Up will usually be a better choice than Dragon Dance in the long run. It needs at least +2 to outspeed much of anything, and if you go with Jolly and invest in speed, he's not going to survive much with uninvested defenses, especially with that fighting weakness being easy to target. Or if you invest in bulk and speed, he's not going to hit nearly hard enough.

I think one of the best options for DD is Drain Punch/Crunch/DD/Rest with Shed Skin, similar to Chesto Rest Kingdra. In fact, as a Dragon Dancer, this guy reminds me of Kingdra quite a bit: Good Bulk, perfect STAB coverage, but mediocre initial power. The difference is Zuruzukin has better bulk but lower speed.

This thing's design makes Voltorb look like a glowing masterpiece of artistry. You know something's wrong when something makes Voltorb and Probopass look good... >_>
I don't want to spam this discussion with art talk, but Probopass ALWAYS looks good! Seriously, how can you not love a cross between Ahu Tahai, Mario, and Mr. Potato Head! Plus, Gamefreak made it cooler, by giving it control over Mini-Nosepasses!

Anyway back On-Topic:

While I think Zuru's most viable sets are Bulk-Up sweepers & Dragon Dancers, I think that with a diverse physical move-pool, Intimidate, resistance to Stealth Rock, and great defenses the Hoodie wearing Lizard would make a great Bulky Choice Band user.

Zuruzukin@Choice Band
Intimidate
252 HP/252 Attack/ 4 Speed
-Crunch
-Drain Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Head Smash/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

The idea is to switch in Zuru on one of it's resistances/immunities, and destroy your opponent's team. Crunch and Drain Punch are your self-explanatory STAB moves. You could use Hi Jump Kick instead of Drain Punch if you want more power, but it's not recommended, as HJK is the last move you want to be locked into. Zen Headbutt smashes the two Pokemon that resists your STABs, Heracross & Toxicroak. The last slot is for hitting Flying pokemon. Head Smash will obliterate any Flying type, but the massive recoil will end Zuru's life early. Ice & Thunder Punch both hit Flying Pokemon for the same amount of damage, but the former will crush the many Quad-Ice weak Dragons, while the latter will do more to Skarmony & Gyrados.

I don't want to spam this discussion with art talk, but Probopass ALWAYS looks good! Seriously, how can you not love a cross between Ahu Tahai, Mario, and Mr. Potato Head! Plus, Gamefreak made it cooler, by giving it control over Mini-Nosepasses!

Anyway back On-Topic:

While I think Zuru's most viable sets are Bulk-Up sweepers & Dragon Dancers, I think that with a diverse physical move-pool, Intimidate, resistance to Stealth Rock, and great defenses the Hoodie wearing Lizard would make a great Bulky Choice Band user, epically on a Trick-Room team:

Zuruzukin@Choice Band
Intimidate
252 HP/252 Attack/ 4 Speed
-Crunch
-Drain Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Head Smash/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch

The idea is to switch in Zuru on one of it's resistances/immunities, and destroy your opponent's team. Crunch and Drain Punch are your self-explanatory STAB moves. You could use Hi Jump Kick instead of Drain Punch if you want more power, but it's not recommended, as HJK is the last move you want to be locked into. Zen Headbutt smashes the two Pokemon that resists your STABs, Heracross & Toxicroak. The last slot is for hitting Flying pokemon. Head Smash will obliterate any Flying type, but the massive recoil will end Zuru's life early. Ice & Thunder Punch both hit Flying Pokemon for the same amount of damage, but the former will crush the many Quad-Ice weak Dragons, while the latter will do more to Skarmony & Gyrados.
I agree that Zuruzukin would indeed make a good Choice Bander with Intimidate, but not on a Trick Room Team. Trick Room Sweepers need to hit ridiculously hard off the bat because they won't have time to boost their stats before Trick Room ends. This thing's average 90 base attack just isn't cutting it. Emboar, for example, would be a much better choice as a Fighting Type Trick Room Abuser due to it's superior attack, Reckless, and powerful recoil moves. Roopushin works in a similar manner.

You also generally don't want a choice user to be you're attacker on a Trick Room Team unless it's a Dragon Type because once the opponent switches in something that resists you're current attack you lose momentum by having to switch and waste more Trick Room turns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)