Serperior

Have you even used Perversity Jaroda before? No one who's ever actually used Jaroda would be saying this, because it's blatantly not true. Honestly.
LOL okay fine, I'll buy that. Mostly what I meant, though, is that Sceptile is more offensively versaitle and has better coverage moves.

...barely (Special side).

Just sayin', perverse Leaf Storm would sting like a bitch, I have no doubt, but at least Sceptile has Focus Blast to deal with our pal the Afro Bull (but, meh, I guess Glare is better than nothing).

This thing is the shit. I see it regularly get to +6, and it only occasionally falls to Pokemon who resist Grass + Fire (here's looking at you, Salamence). Twister can take care of that, or you can cripple the Dragons with Glare and stall them to death with Sub and full paralysis.

Needs moar special, tho

I've been thinking about running a Jaroda set made not to sweep, just annoy the opponent. A set like this may have been posted already, also the EV's are random and probably wrong, but i'm in a hurry.

Jaroda @ Leftovers w/overgrow
252 HP/ 74 Def/ 184 Spe
-Glare
-Taunt
-Leech Seed/Whatev
-Giga Drain/Toxic

In a hurry.

Jalodra is effortlessly stopped by heatran, who I have been running a lot due to it handling quite a bit of the metagame at the moment, especially if your balloon is around. Jalorda also faces competition from its less used sister, Doredia, who, although slower and less bulky from the start, arguably gains more from its boosts. Doredia also doesn't really mind having to use a slot on butterfly dance since, like Jalorda, is has no coverage to speak of.

tl;dr Jalorda is a better hitter out of the gate, doredia has some potential to be used as a good bulky setter upper that might be worth testing over jalorda.

Just curious I've been think of some different ways to use Jalorda. So my question is this does Perversity always reverse status changes regardless of the source of the attack?

If that's the case then if a Salamence switched in Jalorda would get an attack boost. And Jalorda could switch into stat debuffs.

Also my question is if a Shadow Ball attack hit a Perversity Jalorda would it have instead a 20% chance for its Special Defense to raise?

Just curious I've been think of some different ways to use Jalorda. So my question is this does Perversity always reverse status changes regardless of the source of the attack?

If that's the case then if a Salamence switched in Jalorda would get an attack boost. And Jalorda could switch into stat debuffs.

Also my question is if a Shadow Ball attack hit a Perversity Jalorda would it have instead a 20% chance for its Special Defense to raise?
All stat changes are reversed regardless of source, so, yes, Intimidate would raise his attack, Shadow Ball would raise his SpDef, etc.

Another move people have been forgetting about is Wring Out..it doesnt grant great neutral coverage, but it does stop him from being walled salamence/Sazando and some other fire types it cant KO with Leafstorm+Hidden Power Fire/Ice..I found it with much better results than twister...of course needs a +2/4 to be successful

I think people aren't realising (though it's been clarified just now) the potential of perversity. Leaf Storm is the only way Jaroda can abuse it, but a boost from Intimidate or a stat-lowering move, especially something like Seed Flare. Also, what about things like Air Slash?

Another move people have been forgetting about is Wring Out..it doesnt grant great neutral coverage, but it does stop him from being walled salamence/Sazando and some other fire types it cant KO with Leafstorm+Hidden Power Fire/Ice..I found it with much better results than twister...of course needs a +2/4 to be successful

Most of the things that Wring Out would hit harder than Leaf Storm are weak to Stealth Rock, though I think it's something that needs to be looked into.

You know, Overgrow Jaroda isn't that bad.

Perversity Jaroda gives you power boosting Leaf Storms, yes, but Overgrow Jaroda can use Coil and Growth.

I wouldn't mind using Coil and then throwing out power-boosted, full-accuracy Dragon Tails.

I think wasting Coil/Growth/SD is stupid too, when something gets them as weapons. Perversity isn't bad, but Overgrow lets Jaroda become a stat-upper in something other than Sp. Atk.

He also gets Iron Tail, a nice, 100 power move that also benefits from the accuracy boost provided by Coil.

I'm thinking an interesting moveset may be Coil, Leaf Blade, Dragon Tail, and Iron Tail. Train him for Speed, HP, maybe Defenses. Maybe team him up with something that sets up hazards, let him spread the pain around with high-speed Dragon Tails.

I think Specially-biased Nattorei and almsot all Heatran are both going to be a huge pain for Jaroda. Both 4x resist his main STAB, can set-up on him, outright kill him, etc. Herbivore Mebujikia is also an obvious problem, as it has the ability to eat up leaves and hit back with a super-effective Megahorn.

There are probably more counters, but the fact remains that since Jaroda's offensive movepool is so shallow, it can't get through Grass-resists. Sure, as a special attacker he can beat out Blissey in a matter of two turns, but lets not forget than Dragonite and Salamence, two very potent Dragons, share a 4x resistance to Grass. This allows them to setup directly on non-HP Ice Jaroda. Not a good thing unless you just want to sac Jaroda anyway. Luckily, Ononokusu has no defense to speak of and can be brought down simply by Leaf Storm, as does Sazandora.

Like (generally) most pokémon this Gen, he has competition as well as his downfalls, but he can find a few niches and roles that he may only be able to fill. Though I am optimistic, I don't see this guy making it to OU.

breh

強いだね
Enlong frankly you are making terrible movesets. If you have to use iron tail for coverage that's really a poor idea.

Overgrow Jalorda sucks and coil jalorda sucks. Unless you use leech seed or perversity leaf storm (arguably the best move in the game) you shouldn't use jalorda in the first place.

Otherwise, @ jamashawalker

can you post full healt wring out calcs? It seems promising, especially at +2.

Wasn't exactly thinking coverage. Just looking over the moveset for other moves that benefit from the Accuracy boost, is all.

Leech Seed is fine, too. Benefits from Coil, you can Seed anything you don't want to Tail (which would be... mainly the things you can't Seed.)

But thanks for the........ constructive criticism. This is how you learn things.

Like (generally) most pokémon this Gen, he has competition as well as his downfalls, but he can find a few niches and roles that he may only be able to fill. Though I am optimistic, I don't see this guy making it to OU.
No offense but how much Gen 5 battling have you actually participated in? Because I only heard theorymoning, considering Jaroda is a consistent threat in OU already.

Fact is Jaroda sits at a very trollish 113 Base speed. That coupled with a move that gets twice as strong every time you use it (140 BP STAB no less), Jaroda is one of the best late game sweepers around. Getting boosts as it attacks means it requires no set up time. Switching to your resist means it's already sitting on a +2. And this is all assuming you even have a counter this late in the game. Coverage may sucks but it makes up for it with a great speed tier and raw power. And a lack of moves actually encourages Substitute, saving you from priority and status.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Elaborate on that "won't be". You can't just make bold statements like that and expect everyone to be on the same page.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Elaborate on that "won't be". You can't just make bold statements like that and expect everyone to be on the same page.
Every pokémon from Bulbasaur to Arceus has their overworld sprites from HGSS programmed in B/W, and they're used only for the High Link Forest, where you catch Dream World pokémon. Pokémon from Victini to Genesect, however, do not, meaning they cannot be caught in HL Forest, which implies they won't be found in Dream World.

Of course, this doesn't rule out the possibility Game Freak distributes Perversity Jalorda over Mystery Gift or something. It just really means that, for B/W, there will not be any 5th Gen DW pokémon being found in the Dream World.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)