SM Ubers Shadows of a former self (Ubers Balanced Offense)[Peak1527]

Shadows of a Former Self

Hello everyone! I'm here today for another RMT, this time for the ubers tier. Ever since the turnaround of USUM, I've been trying to find a tier I feel comfortable in for a while. I tried OU- too bland and over-centralised. I tried UU - Interesting, but it's very similar to what last gen (although I'm coming along with another team for this tier). So I decided to take on Ubers for the first time ever!

Shadows of a former self was created with intention of using mons I hadn't used before- ever! In this case, it was support fairyceus (although I was new to the whole tier, I had played AG for a while and got to experience some other pokemon). So I decided to set up a triple defensive core based around it, physdef yveltal and assault vest dusk mane necrozma, and I'm pretty happy with the result. The rest of the team is there to provide the offensive pressure this team really needs to shine, and all of the members cover for each other really well, creating a very nice synergy amongst the members. Without further adieu, here is my new team, Shadows of a former self!

THE TEAM

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

As I stated before, this team was built around support fairyceus, which was decided to be the rocks setter for the team, as well as a wall to take care of common ubers threats such as zygarde, marshadow and the occasional mega salamence. Judgement needs no introduction as the main STAB, recover is for the all important sustain and toxic is to wear down otherwise threatening pokemon to the team, such as lugia, kyogre, groudon and ho-oh. I really wanted to use this arceus type in particular because of my experience in other metas playing groundceus and really enjoying the rewards of playing it, so I was quite excited play a team with a different, but still as effective, typing for arceus.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

The second wheel to this defensive core, physdef yveltal takes on some other VERY crucial threats to the tier, and to arceus-fairy, namely primal groudon (especially without rock moves), Ekiller arceus-normal, arceus-ghost (yes I saw this), marshadow, mega gengar, ho-oh (to an extent), physical necrozma (dusk mane or ultra) and is just a good all round physical blanket check. It's also my hazard remover for the team. U-turn is obvious, it's for momentum and FP is a better stab move that means I don't have to invest into attack in order to deal serious damage to physical threats.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

I decided to add primal groudon at this stage, as I was unsure what I was going to do with the rest of the team. Originally, I had thought maybe a specially defensive groudon would help round out the core, but after some thinking, decided AV necrozma would be the better option. So instead of throwing it out completely, I decided to make it my main sweeper and wall breaker. A dual dance set was chosen for this role so it could outspeed everything and wreak havoc, you know normal groudon stuff. This is pretty much the standard set, stone edge is for ho-oh and yveltal, and the 100 SpDef evs are to better take hits from special attackers, mainly xerneas while setting up or as a last ditch effort to take it out oif necrozma's already gone.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Assault Vest
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser
- Rock Slide

As stated before, AV dusk mane necrozma was chosen as the final wheel of the defensive core, and a very crucial one at that. Being immune to toxic, as well as being able to 1v1 the likes of +2 xerneas, gengar-mega and opposing fairyceus makes this a highly valued member of the team. It can also check unboosted marshadow very vell, with this set taking only a little over half and being to ohko with photon geyser in return. Earthquake was chosen so it could get some decent chip off on primal groudon on a switch, and rock slide was chosen to suprise ho-oh on a switch.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
Seeing as I have a huge weakspot for the mon, as well as needing some more offensive pressure, I decided to pick up mega gengar. it's ability to trap and eliminate threats is unprecedented, being able to guarantee a KO on necrozma with shadow ball and xerneas while unboosted with sludge bomb, not to mention destiny bond to instantly eliminate a team threat to ease pressure off the team. Taunt was chosen to prevent set up and hazards as well as stall break.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
In this slot I really didn't know what to put here. I've tried a few different things, such as hazard stacking greninja and SD rayquaza, but gren just makes itself set up fodder more often than not, and ray can't get anything going unless there aren't any rocks on the field (and even then it's PAINFULLY slow for the tier). So I decided to try marshadow instead. If you have a better idea that you could suggest, I'm all ears!

THREATLIST (Work-in-progress)

Groudon-primal
Without knowing exactly what kind of set it is, I have no clear answer to it from team preview, which makes predictions a little harder against this thing. fully physically offensive groudon can easily be taken on by yveltal, but if it carries lava plume or overheat, it's job is made a lot harder. Hopefully you can take it out with a combination of chip from necrozma, SR and yveltal. Worst case scenario, save gengar and DB take to take it down it out with you.

Ho-oh
This absolute monster of a pokemon can single handedly take on most of my team, sometimes even with rocks up. When paired with a strong defensive core and hazard removal, it can be a dangerous threat to the entire team. wear it down with toxic, or try and take it out with groudon if you can.

Kyogre-primal
Kyogre can prove quite difficult with it's multitude of sets and ability to out damage both necrozma and fairyceus. CM sets are definitely something to keep an eye out for, though physical sets can be just as dangerous. Try and wear it down with toxic, and then finish it with either gengar or marshadow.

EDIT: I actually forgot an importable! Oops...
Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Assault Vest
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser
- Rock Slide

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT!

I look forward to any rates, suggestions and comments on the team, as it still has a way to go, and so do I as a player. Thank you for reading!​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)