Shedinja (QC: 1/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinkay

tu solo me quieres en tu imaginacion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Wall
move 1: Shadow Sneak
move 2: X-Scissor
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Protect
item: Heavy-Duty Boots
ability: Wonder Guard
nature: Lonely
evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
ivs: 0 Def / 0 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Shedinja is a valuable asset for bulky teams due to its ability to completely shut down Pokemon without appropriate coverage, such as Reuniclus and Mamoswine. In addition to Heavy-Duty Boots, which negates its usually crippling hazard weakness, Shedinja is a fearsome wall to face. However, Shedinja is by nature easy to KO and thus must be played very carefully in order to succeed. Shadow Sneak allows Shedinja to pressure frailer offensive Pokemon like Dragapult and Polteageist before it can be KOed, while X-Scissor is its main tool for pressuring Pokemon like Reuniclus. Hex is another attacking option that allows Shedinja to damage without being KOed by Rocky Helmet or Ferrothorn’s Iron Barbs. Will-O-Wisp threatens physical attackers that may try to switch into it, such as Aegislash. Protect allows Shedinja to scout for random coverage or status moves, which Shedinja must be wary of at all times. Protect is also useful for scouting Choice-locked attackers and racking up chip damage. The EV spread maximizes Shedinja's damage output while minimizing Defenses for Ditto, as its speed is rarely necessary.

Shedinja is most useful on bulky teams that appreciate its ability to counter a few select Pokemon. Notably, hazard setters like Ferrothorn and Mew enjoy Shedinja's ability to spinblock, although it must be cautious against Pokemon like Excadrill. Thus, due to its fragile nature, Shedinja requires a fair amount of support to check Pokemon that would scare it out. For example, Tyranitar and Hippowdon can easily come in and threaten Shedinja with a KO, so solid checks to these, such as Ferrothorn and Quagsire, are appreciated. Status absorbers like Toxapex and Clefable help deal with status moves often thrown at Shedinja. Finally, Dugtrio is a great partner due to it being able to trap and KO a number of threatening Fire-types, Rock-types, and others, including Cinderace, Tyranitar, and Excadrill, that would easily dispatch of Shedinja otherwise.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Felines, 290520]]
- Quality checked by: [[Mannat, 144451]], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Last edited:
I think that minimum IVs in Def and Sp.Def with a Naughty or Lonely nature, since Ditto is such a potent threat and with minium defensive stats, its tandem to be easier to take down if it copies Shedinja.

Endure might be an option somewhere to actually deal with max moves

I also think sunny day might be good for sun teams and negating harmful weather after max ice or max rock has been used previously

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I’d mention hex here somewhere because it’s a decent non contact attacking option that doesn’t make contact so it doesn’t get screwed over by random rocky helmet or ferros also add more about its negatives to the start of the analysis
Shedinja is most useful on full stall teams that appreciate its ability to counter a few select Pokemon.
change full stall teams to just bulky because full stall is unviable rn and the fattest usable archetype is probably ditto semi stall

throw in a sentence about scouting for random coverage and you should be good, qc 1/2

not QC but i would change the spread to Lonely w/ 0 IVs in def and spdef because of the ditto matchup, this was a thing way back in XY but its become more important imo now that ditto's way more common

edit: also +1 to slashing protect with endure for the max moves matchup, it otherwise provides the exact same utility minus protection on status attacks

twinkay

tu solo me quieres en tu imaginacion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
done thanks, went ahead and made shedinja min defense next qc can change if wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)