Shoddy Battle 2 screenshots (client preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to put also sprites from older games? nothing big, but it makes nice touch. It would be nice, for example to set your Gligar to Golds graphics. I remember that the old Netbattle had this, and back then I really enjoyed it.

Otherwise, this may actually work.

Love the screenshots. I'm just hoping for color-coded battle names (blue for standard, pink for UU, yellow for ubers, whatever) so I don't have to keep looking for an ubers/UU battle.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Wow, that really does look nice. But why does it show the actual HP for your own Pokemon and show the percentage of HP for your opponents Pokemon? Is this optional or something or is this how it's going to be?

Wow, that really does look nice. But why does it show the actual HP for your own Pokemon and show the percentage of HP for your opponents Pokemon? Is this optional or something or is this how it's going to be?
So that it doesn't give away information about what EV's it has =/

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
While I think the screenshots look really damn good does the user's Pokemon's HP have to be in actual numbers? I would prefer percentages.

The future of shoddy! Thats really cool! And those screenshots are! The best aspect of it as i can judge it by its features is that it allows you to have double battles! In this way many people have go to the VGC will have now the ability to test their teams and make better plans! It will also give us the chance to see how double battles affect the current metagame! By this i mean that pokemon commonly used in single battles have problems cooperate with another pokemon in double battles ! Of course we have an idea of what is used in doubles but we should test it! So im really looking forward to it!

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Those screenshots are awesome. Finally, great graphics instead of just plain old boring text.

By the way, how would 3 v 3 or more work? Wouldn't there be lots of glitches, especially from moves like Follow Me (and what would happen if two Pokemon on the same team use Follow Me?) The same could go with a 6v6 team of 3 Plusles and 3 Minuns, or a team with 5 Pokemon using Helping Hand consecutively.

Amazing, with double battles being a great addition! i still wish it will have more battle modes though like 3v3(i mean like in battle tower). And support for other generations will make this thing perfect(though it won't happen >_> )

I hope shoddy 2 will soon be available to the public! The double battles will attract almost all shoddy users and i think this will change the current metagame! Defence instead of power this is what i predict is going to happen!

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You will be able to play 3v3 i.e. like battle tower. Other generations aren't going to happen as it says in the OP

One of the main reasons I disliked Shoddy was because of it's interface was hard to grasp. Now, it seems much more user friendly and I cannot wait for this new version. Definitely also because of the Double Battle feature, looks like will have some double cup happening!

Well, the screen looked kind of cluttered, especially in the 2v2. But after the reduction of the health bars and the sprites in 2v2, it looks a lot better.

I don't oppose to the battle screen showing current HP/max HP the pokemon that you're controlling, but, for HP loss for your pokemon, can you make it a percentage? I personally find it easier to check how much HP you have left with percentages, for some reason...

Cathy

Banned deucer.
Just a minor chat interface question, will it be possible to change the colors of the player/pokemon names? From the screenshots, it seems each pokemon and player have their own individual colors. It'd be easier to follow the battle if the pokemon had the same color name as its owner.
That's a possibility. Right now, each player is assigned a colour based on his user name (so that all players have different colours), whereas there are only two colours for pokemon, "user" and "ally". An option to use the player colours rather than the user/ally colours is feasible.

Props, this looks amazing! One request though, is it possible to add animations or some type of eye candy to help the game? Cause Shoddy is all numbers and calculations, but a few visual effects would help lighten the mood, and pokemon is meant to be fun and enjoyable. I wouldn't mind waiting longer for the release if this feature was added. and perhaps add a toggle for battle scenes just like in the games for those who dont want to sit through that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)