Shoddy UU AntiSweeper team

Hey Smogon Community, I've been lurking these forums for a few days now and finally wanted to seek out some advice for my shoddy team. I wanted to make a team where it would be really hard for a sweeper to set up and sweep me.

Obligatory sneak peak:

Dr. Who
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 6HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Thunder Wave
~Will-o-Wisp

An attempt to counter some of the fighting leads that you see, and also fast enough to cripple a lot of leads. Can easily be switched back in later in the game because of its three immunities and attempt to do more crippling.

Mrs. O'Donell
Ability: Thick Fat
EV's: 252HP, 20 SpD, 236 Spe
Nature: Timid
~Substitute
~HP Fire
~Calm Mind
~Psychic

I really like Grumpig because it can switch in on most special based pokes and either sub on the switch, or if they're staying in calm mind to make they're probably already low damage output even lower. I know that HP Bug gives better coverage against Darks and other Psychics, but I like HP Fire so that I don't get totally walled by steel types.

Mr. Rock
Ability: Rock Head
EV's: 252HP, 252 Att, 6 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Thunder Wave
~Rock Slide

Probably the poke I'm the most suspect to change, but still one I like a lot none the less, I like to switch Aggron into Choiced Sweepers that he resists or pretty much any non ground or fighting physical attack and then set up a sub and continue to either focus punch or paralyze whatever comes in. Rock Slide is for Paraflinch.

Dr. Pain
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Poison Point
EV's: 200SpA, 174 Att, 136 Spe
Nature: Hasty
~Ice Beam
~Earthquake
~Thunderbolt
~Fire Blast

ScarfKing is something I've never seen before and I don't know why, this thing kills walls and with prediction a lot of things that try to switch in. Speed nature and evs come out to enough to outspeed Aero and kill him with Tbolt. Fire Blast for Steels, Thunderbolt for Mantine and other flying types, Ice Beam for Altaria and just a solid ice attack, and Quake for pretty much everything else.

Mr. Schwarzenegger
Item: Salac Berry
Ability: Anger Point
EV's: 252 Att, 6 Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
~Close Combat
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Substitute

A fun set that surprises people with sub. STAB Close Combat is certainly something to fear even for some that resist it. You can sub down to Salac if you want speed to attempt a sweep, and good luck to the other team if they activate Anger Point.

Not Mr. Armstrong
Ability: Levititate
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 SpA
Nature: Relaxed
~Will O Wisp
~Thunderbolt
~Fire Blast
~Pain Split

All purpose physical wall that destroys Fighting types and most Physical Threats, Will O Wisp for more crippling, and the rest for coverage and healing, a standard set.

So yah, please rate, I want constructive critisicm. Thanks to Arkeis.com and Pokemon Elite 2000 for the Images and Houndoom Dude because I took his layout.

Be careful, Scarf Jynx OHKO's 5 of your 6 members with Psychic (Weezing and Primeape), Ice Beam (Nidoking), Focus Blast (Aggron) and Shadow Ball (Rotom), while Grumpig is 2HKO'd by Shadow Ball.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't think you're adequately prepared against special threats. Tacking on Grumpig and calling it a day may sound like a good idea, but without any sort of healing or Wish support, it'll have trouble taking repeated beatings. And if it's dead, Rain teams will say gg to you regardless.

Lum Berry over Leftovers (EDIT;; I forgot to specify on Rotom) because Persian is the number 1 lead.

Other than that, I think your team is good enough.

@BeastlyTyson: It's just BL, not BL/UU. It doesn't apply to anything UU.

I don't think you're adequately prepared against special threats. Tacking on Grumpig and calling it a day may sound like a good idea, but without any sort of healing or Wish support, it'll have trouble taking repeated beatings. And if it's dead, Rain teams will say gg to you regardless.

Lum Berry over Leftovers because Persian is the number 1 lead.

Other than that, I think your team is good enough.

@BeastlyTyson: It's just BL, not BL/UU. It doesn't apply to anything UU.
I said my bad. I usually play BL/UU thats why but i didnt see shoddy.

Special attackers really do run through your team. I would recommend you either bulk up your Grumpig more or perhaps use Hypno (With Wish and Light Screen).

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I said my bad. I usually play BL/UU thats why but i didnt see shoddy.
You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. Pure BL play is just called BL. Not BL/UU, and calling it that is incorrect. One BL Pokemon on a team makes it a BL team no matter how many UUs are on it. Just don't call it BL/UU; that's what I'm trying to say.

You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. Pure BL play is just called BL. Not BL/UU, and calling it that is incorrect. One BL Pokemon on a team makes it a BL team no matter how many UUs are on it. Just don't call it BL/UU; that's what I'm trying to say.
IM saying that I usually just mix the tiers. I know the difference just that I am so used to mixing them.

If I need more special walling does anyone have an idea for a physical attacker that can take special hits in place of Aggron. Maybe Muk?

Venusaur could be somewhat of a special wall with Calm nature and 252hp / 252spD / 6spA with sleep powder - leech seed - energy ball - light screen?(if it learns it)

EB over GK as most pokes in UU arent that heavy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)