Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because SRing shiny Xern and in-game story don't carry the addicting adrenaline that combing through Smogon forums and trade threads apparently does...

I'm scheming three Absol breed projects: one in a heavy ball, one in a moon ball, and a TSV shiny in premier ball.

Ideally, I'll end up with three viable Pokemon that function really differently / play towards disparate strategies. I lean towards Mega Absol > Absol, but if there were only one or two really great Mega sets... But Absol seems at-a-glance to have a pretty good egg-move pool from which to select.
The egg move question: What are the best three [different?] groups of egg moves for three different Mega Absol / Absol sets?

Feel free to suggest final BR sets and spreads, too, if you like. I'll take any friendly advice. EDIT Has anyone ever bothered with a Hidden Power Absol? Assuming that'd be terrible as a physical attacker and glass canon, but again, I'll take friendly advice.

Because SRing shiny Xern and in-game story don't carry the addicting adrenaline that combing through Smogon forums and trade threads apparently does...

I'm scheming three Absol breed projects: one in a heavy ball, one in a moon ball, and a TSV shiny in premier ball.

Ideally, I'll end up with three viable Pokemon that function really differently / play towards disparate strategies. I lean towards Mega Absol > Absol, but if there were only one or two really great Mega sets... But Absol seems at-a-glance to have a pretty good egg-move pool from which to select.
The egg move question: What are the best three [different?] groups of egg moves for three different Mega Absol / Absol sets?

Feel free to suggest final BR sets and spreads, too, if you like. I'll take any friendly advice. EDIT Has anyone ever bothered with a Hidden Power Absol? Assuming that'd be terrible as a physical attacker and glass canon, but again, I'll take friendly advice.
Play rough/megahorn/baton pass/me first..it's only gonna use play rough, all its other usable moves are tutor/level up

Hidden power would be awful...before oras tutors it sometimes went naive (mega) to run flamethrower (or fireblast or something).

EDIT Has anyone ever bothered with a Hidden Power Absol? I'll take friendly advice.
If anyone has it'd be crazy_man

EDIT:
Hey, so is there a difference between traditional ev training and the super training? More specifically, is one better than the other?
Super training is good for keeping count if your aiming for a specific number (training going up in 4/8/12 evs per session for lvl1/2/3 respectevly) but if you're maxing out a stat then use a sweet scent(/spread move) pokemon for horde training

Hey, so is there a difference between traditional ev training and the super training? More specifically, is one better than the other?
Traditional EV Training (Pokerus, Power Item, Hordes) adds many EVs quickly and is the best for 6/252/252 spreads. For other spreads, use a combination of Super Training and Hordes.

Has anyone ever bothered with a Hidden Power Absol?
Absol with Hidden Power would kinda be a waste.

Mixed Absol is viable, but it can learn moves to round off its coverage like Ice Beam and Fire Blast on the special side and Superpower and Iron Tail on the physical side, so nah, no use from Hidden Power.

Hidden Power is usually for pokemon that have shallow movepools or to prevent being walled/countered by specific types/pokes.

Last edited:

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
TL;DR - Traditional EV training is faster.

Traditional EV training/Horde Training is a lot quicker than Super training, as long as you have the correct power items and Pokerus. Since you're defeating wild Pokemon when using the traditional method, you're also gaining experience, so traditionally training a Pokemon meant for Little Cup is not a good idea.

Here's how many EVs you get, for comparisons sake:
Super training: 12EVs from level 3 Super training*2 from double up bag=24 EVs per
Horde training: (1EV per Pokemon + 4EVs from the power item per Pokemon)*5 Pokemon per horde*2 from Pokerus=50 EVs per horde

In addition: You can EV train multiple Pokemon at once, using traditional . Also, initiating and defeating a horde is also a lot quicker, if you have a sweet scent user, a Pokemon with a spreadfire move (for example Dazzling Gleam, Surf, EQ, etc.) and if you're EV training in the correct spot, you're guaranteed to run into a horde that gives off the EVs you want.

While you can do a combination of Super training and traditional (horde) training for exact spreads, it is not required. Let's say you were EV training a Mild Xerneas for the all out attacker Spread (32 Atk/252 Sp.A/224 Spe). A good way to EV train this, would be to give it all the EVs in Sp.A first, which maxes out at 252, the number you want. Then (assuming you have Pokerus), defeat 3 hordes where the Pokemon's EV yeild are 1 attack IV (specifically Shuppet) without giving the Xerneas a power bracer, then encounter and defeat a shuppet outside of hordes, still not giving it a Power Bracer. Doing that would give you 10 EVs per horde and 2 EVs per wild Shuppet, which would make up 32EVs in attack. Then finally, you could EV train the Xerneas in Speed, because it would max out at 226.

I always use just hordes personally. Each pokemon gives double the norm if you're using pokerus, and since you'll never need an odd number of EVs then you're fine. I just get close to the number (lets say I'm going to 224 or something, using a horde where each pokemon gives 2 -- 10 per horde) and then knock out however many pokemon I need to finish (if I needed 4 more evs, then 2 pokemon) from the horde and then run. I've always found super training way more time consuming and awkward.

Venesaur is great for horde training btw; give it sweet scent, Petal Blizzard/EQ, and rock smash in case you want to go into caves (if you're in x/y you need it to get into terminus cave for defense EVs) and then you're good to go. I always train whole teams at a time -- everyone who needs evs in the given stat comes along, and I just put them away as they hit their marks.

I have been Soft Resetting the shiny Yveltal for more than 2 weeks (not every day though)
Calm Nature 31/23/30/28/31/31
Keep or toss?

I'm not to fussed about the pokeballs. I'm building a competitive team and sheer force nidoking/queen are really good. Are you looking for anything?
I don't need anything, just put something in the GTS asking for a 0-10 female Nidoran, along with a message so I know it's you.
PM/VM me when and what you deposited and I'll deposit it.

I have been Soft Resetting the shiny Yveltal for more than 2 weeks (not every day though)
Keep or toss?
Toss.

I've an unclaimed SMR2010 Jirachi and FAL2010 Mew from Gen IV. I've already RNG'd a HP Ground Mild one and a Jolly flawless one respectively.
Which other options are there? Jirachi comes with Draco Meteor, Mew doesn't come with anything special.
Any ideas?

I've an unclaimed SMR2010 Jirachi and FAL2010 Mew from Gen IV. I've already RNG'd a HP Ground Mild one and a Jolly flawless one respectively.
Which other options are there? Jirachi comes with Draco Meteor, Mew doesn't come with anything special.
Any ideas?
Regardless of the event move jirachi still prefers a physical moveset. Careful/jolly are still the way to go to maximize serene grace abuse.

Careful mew since you can still give it defog, roost is generally accepted over soft boiled, and careful is currently the optimal nature

Keep or toss?
If the special attack had a 31 I would keep. Give you an idea what to expect. You should always go for closest to flawless with boosted stat at 31 speed at 31 and non hindering attack stat at 31. Unless your aiming for a defensive nature anything above 29 works and would be decent for trade. Hopefully that makes senseXD

Edit: dkl65 this is to answer the question asking about what you should go for when soft resetting. If you haven't I would toss.

Agreed about the physical Jirachi. Out of curiosity on the special side, though, under what circumstances or in which gen / events did Jirachi learn Ancient Power? And what about Heart Stamp and Body Slam (back to the physical side)?

Is it possible for one Jirachi to run Ancient Power and Draco Meteor? Or both Body Slam and Heart Stamp?

Regardless of the event move jirachi still prefers a physical moveset. Careful/jolly are still the way to go to maximize serene grace abuse.

Careful mew since you can still give it defog, roost is generally accepted over soft boiled, and careful is currently the optimal nature
I've already RNG'd a shiny Careful Mew in Gen 3. Should've probably mentioned that.

Agreed about the physical Jirachi. Out of curiosity on the special side, though, under what circumstances or in which gen / events did Jirachi learn Ancient Power? And what about Heart Stamp and Body Slam (back to the physical side)?

Is it possible for one Jirachi to run Ancient Power and Draco Meteor? Or both Body Slam and Heart Stamp?
Ancient Power is a Gen IV tutor move. Draco Meteor and Ancient Power can be on the same Jirachi. However, Body Slam is a Gen III tutor move and Heart Stamp is a Gen VI event-only move and due to this, neither can be on the same Jirachi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)