Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a few questions:

1. How do I check what the EV's of a pokemon are?
2. How do I check the IV's if a Pocket Monster?
3. What is the most efficient method of cloning in this new era of technology that doesn't use two Game Boys and a Link Cable being severed at the right moment?

1. The Super Training chart somewhat tells you. If you use a rest bag, you'll briefly see the exact EV's (tho don't save as to keep the reset bag).
2. Stat Judge will tell you the best IV stats. In X/Y its the Ace Trainer in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. In OR/AS its a guy in the Battle Resort Pokemon Center. Otherwise if you wish to know exact IV's (like when doing hidden power breeding) then use the Battle Institute. It levels pokemon to 50, then plug their stats into a IV calculator (I like Metal Kid's calualtor). In X/Y its located in Lumiose City and in OR/AS its in Mauville City.
3. Powersave device.

Last edited:
So a few questions:

1. How do I check what the EV's of a pokemon are?
2. How do I check the IV's if a Pocket Monster?
3. What is the most efficient method of cloning in this new era of technology that doesn't use two Game Boys and a Link Cable being severed at the right moment?
For #1: give the Pokemon a reset bag. When the reset bag activates, it will show all the EVs being deducted from the pokemon. Power off afterwards without saving to save your reset bag and prevent your EVs from being lost.

#2: Use an IV calculator. You will need to know the EVs if the Pokemon has any. Rare candies can help for pokemon with no EVs (just power off afterward without saving to save them). Here's the link to Serebii's:
http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml

Also there is an IV judge in Kiloude City's or the Battle Resort's Pokemon Center who will tell you if your Pokemon has an IV of 31 or 0 (for 31, he has to say "can't be beat").

#3: I am not the best person to answer this as I can't clone myself.

I hope this helps.

1. The Super Training chart somewhat tells you. If you use a rest bag, you'll briefly see the exact EV's (tho don't save as to keep the reset bag).
2. Stat Judge will tell you the best IV stats. In X/Y its the Ace Trainer in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. In OR/AS its a guy in the Battle Resort Pokemon Center. Otherwise if you wish to know exact IV's (like when doing hidden power breeding) then use the Battle Institute. It levels pokemon to 50, then plug their stats into a IV calculator (I like Metal Kid's calualtor). In X/Y its located in Lumiose City and in OR/AS its in Mauville City.
3. Powersave device.
Thank you.

What is this, 2006?

Most efficient way of cloning atm is using a Powersaves device.
Try 1996. That was the old school clone code when Nintendo Power was the leading information for codes! Only downside was it could crash the game. Game Genie was a thing, then Action Replay since GBA.

Is Dragonite from Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness worth a snot with Heal Bell anymore as a trade specimen? It's been like 5 years since I looked at the sucker, it had some weird nature. I just wanted to know in general if it was worthwhile to keep as trade fodder.

Moderator edit: Don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.

Try 1996. That was the old school clone code when Nintendo Power was the leading information for codes! Only downside was it could crash the game. Game Genie was a thing, then Action Replay since GBA.
If you're hidden power breeding, and you want to confirm that you have the right hidden power, then go to either Anister City or Fortree City. There is a person who will check your pokemon's hidden power in one of the houses.

Is Dragonite from Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness worth a snot with Heal Bell anymore as a trade specimen? It's been like 5 years since I looked at the sucker, it had some weird nature. I just wanted to know in general if it was worthwhile to keep as trade fodder.
If the nature and IV's are passable... maybe? It might be worthwhile to someone as a novelty, but not of really big value. Dragonite these days really like having its Hidden Ability, Multiscale, which is impossible to get on one from XD. Not to mention there are much better clerics, like Sylveon, to use Heal Bell with than Dragonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)