Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Is the Indigo Disk ready to play on Showdown? My team with Ho oh or Venusaur is still illegal and I'm very confused with the metagame thread saying Indigo Disk released

Tera stellar: 1.2x boost to non-stab moves, 2x boost to stab moves, only once per type per battle (aka, after the first use of a move of each type, non stab moves get no boosts n' stab moves get the regular 1.5x boost). Base type of stellar tera'd mon, for defensive purposes, doesn't change
Terablast stellar:100bp non-stab (~120bp the first time of use), se against tera'd mons, neutral against all others, always drops attack n' spa.
Terapagos-stellar:2x boost to normal type moves (e.g.double edge), 1.2x boost to all other moves (tera starstorm including).the boost is permanent. Tera starstorm is neutral against targets, se against tera'd mons. Normal type remains for terapagos, as far as defensive attribute is concerned, after tera stellar
Set that might brake terapagos-stellar: rest,calm mind, tera starstorm,rapid spin (for utility), item:leftovers
Oh seems better than I expected, that x2 Stab boost can be key and Tera Blast stellar having 100-120 BP is BIG.

Meta us about to get a lot trickier and more HO oriented it seems thanks to Stellar Tera.

Honestly I don't see this being much of a problem. If anything, once Terastalization goes away in Gen 10, it'll probably be regulated to Support due to Terastal Form's fantastic ability and its limited offensive stats.. it's pretty much a better version of Shadow Shield or Multiscale. I can picture it working well as a Trick Room setter (though I don't know yet if it can learn Trick Room) However until that day, I can see Stellar Form Terapagos being a powerful replacement for Dialga on my VGC21 format type team (two restricteds only). Though due to it hogging my Regidrago's Terra power, I can see it being a detriment as well. And anybody who sees it in the starting screen lineup will immediately know what's up and whose terrastalizing or that its the counter towards opposing terrastal pokemon, especially if it's accompanied by staples towards a strat, like Cresselia for trickroom for instance. (if my comments sound stupid, forgive me, I'm new here).

Once Gen9 ends and a new gimmick takes its place (or.. god willing, Megaevolution returns and we stop running through other dumb gimmicks that simply aren't as cool). I think Terapagos can easily run leftovers, Calm Mind/Meteor Beam in OU or UU. or maybe it will be the only pokemon capable of terrastalizing. At this point though I don't think Terrapagos is much better than Hisui Goodra or Archaludon without Stellar Form. if anything, its Gouging Fire we need to take a hard look at imo.

Simple question as a new switch player. How will work Home ?
I know you can bring pokemons but is it possible to bring back something like Kartana ingame ? (Which doesn't come back in SV)
If it's the case guess it's time to grind shield again for thoses guys.

Simple question as a new switch player. How will work Home ?
I know you can bring pokemons but is it possible to bring back something like Kartana ingame ? (Which doesn't come back in SV)
If it's the case guess it's time to grind shield again for thoses guys.
Pokemon can only be moved into SV if they exist in the games coding. So for example no Ultra Beast can be moved up on account of them just not being in the game. Also of note with Gen 9 you can no longer move up certain moves on Pokemon. In Gen 9 the game loads the learnable move set for a Pokemon and if a Pokemon gets moved up with Toxic but the move doesn't appear in its learn set it will no longer have access to the move.

Pokemon can only be moved into SV if they exist in the games coding. So for example no Ultra Beast can be moved up on account of them just not being in the game. Also of note with Gen 9 you can no longer move up certain moves on Pokemon. In Gen 9 the game loads the learnable move set for a Pokemon and if a Pokemon gets moved up with Toxic but the move doesn't appear in its learn set it will no longer have access to the move.
Oh thanks for the answer ! Was indeed a little confusing but do we know if more pokemon might come back or are they done with it ?

Oh thanks for the answer ! Was indeed a little confusing but do we know if more pokemon might come back or are they done with it ?
Usually, after the DLC there isn't any more older mons added - some new mons may be added through events, like we know Pecharunt is in the game but is currently unobtainable until its event comes out.

What would complete this team?

Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Tera Blast
- Substitute
- Glare

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Psycho Boost

Kingambit @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch

Iron Boulder @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mighty Cleave
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

What are the best sets for deoyx speed ATM?
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash / Mental Herb
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Psycho Boost / Skill Swap
- Taunt

Standard suicide lead Deoxys-S, you can use Sash and guarantee two hazards or Mental Herb to beat opposing Deoxys-S Taunt. You can also go for Skill Swap to beat Magic Bounce users.

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Fighting
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psycho Boost
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Offensive Deoxys-S wallbreaker as per Veti

Life Orb and Modest nature patch up the power, and ensure you OHKO Dragapult at +0 special attack and OHKO Gholdengo at +2 special attack. Tera Fighting grants a Sucker Punch resistance and a boost to Focus Blast, with Tera Fighting and +2 special attack Deoxys will OHKO specially defensive Ting Lu.

What set do people run on DD Kyurem? Been having a tough time figuring out the best tera type
Kyurem @ Loaded Dice
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Scale Shot
- Dragon Dance
- Tera Blast

I run this to be Baxcalibur at home lol. But you are very vulnerable to wisp and knock off, intimidate, hazards, etc. I'm not really sure if there is anything better yet on the physical side. On the special Atk side, you have the amazing freeze dry, dragon pulse, and earth power moves.

Hello all!

I was just curious, what set are y'all running on Dragapult in this meta? I was always partial to Specs but it seems like HDB would be better. What moves and EVs does a boots Dragapult use?

This is an edit to my original post where I totally messed up in NOT realizing sooner that Galarian Slowbro and Galarian Slowking are actually alternate evolutions of Galarian Slow Poke. I count myself lucky to have shiny hunted 2 of them.

With that said, I guess my question regarding a main Psychic type attack for my Galarian Slowking takes point: despite the 10 point power difference and the abilities to reduce target PP by 3 or 10% chance to reduce special defense (1 stage) between Eerie Spell and Psychic, would it really make much of a difference if I picked Eerie Spell instead of Psychic? (I also realize that since Eerie Spell is a sound based attack, it can hit behind substitutes but is also susceptible to be blocked out by abilities or status moves that affect sound.)

Alernatively, if I decide on using Slowbro instead, would the damage mechanics of Shell Side Arm be more beneficial than Sludge Bomb despite it's lower chance to poison?

Last edited:
I've been looking to make a competetive build for Galarian Slowking that I could also use while playing the Indigo Disc DLC. Of the builds I have seen, so far, on here, aside from the use of Future Sight, Psychic, and Sludge Bomb, I was wondering if there was any utility in just keeping Shell Sidearm (if possible after Slowbro evolution to Slowking) and Eerie Spell instead?

I understand there are some intricacies into each moves' mechanics such as damage and attack type calculations with Shell Side Arm and it's lower 20% poisoning capability compared to Sludge Bomb's 30% and Eerie Spell having a lower damage power of 80 compared to Psychic's 90 (and chance to lower special defense) and Future Sight's 120. However, I'm more interested in having a more instantaneous source of psychic damage and since, Eerie Spell is sound based, it can get around substitutes as well as reducing 3 PP from the last move it used.

Would it make much of a difference?
Slowbro doesn't evolve into Slowking so Galarian Slowking can not have Shell Side Arm by any means other than hacking, for Eerie Spell VS. Psychic and Future Sight it doesn't really matter since you can use the relearn functionality to change it at any time to fit upcoming battles

Slowbro doesn't evolve into Slowking so Galarian Slowking can not have Shell Side Arm by any means other than hacking, for Eerie Spell VS. Psychic and Future Sight it doesn't really matter since you can use the relearn functionality to change it at any time to fit upcoming battles
I was in the process of editing my post when you sent your message. Thanks for informing me none the less. Also, thank you for your response. I am laughing at myself for not realizing it sooner and having forgotten it altogether despite having played Pokemon since Red and Blue. I will most likely stick with Eerie Spell since I am a sucker for signature moves. I'm still curious about what everybody has to say about it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)