Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What set could I use with a Lonely Xerneas? I know its not the best Nature, but I can only get one and I'm pretty much stuck with this one unless I can find someone who'd give me a modest one instead (not likely).

Are there any good youtube players that have a decent amount of ubers content. Also it shocks me is no video thread. Seems like video could be a great teaching tool, but seems be used les frequently than I thought they would.
Yeah Edgar (dblackstardust) and Tony Flygon are the guys you wanna look at then. Idr how much the former uploads nowadays.

Player-0

(*′☉.̫☉)
What are some counters/checks to Ho-Oh besides Rockeus?
Rockeus is about the only hard counter. Zekrom and kyogre are very nice choices. Groudon can take a hit and then comeback with stone edge. Ho-oh is still only base 90 and most ho-ohs don't have speed investment. So as a general rule just have stealth rock.

What are some counters/checks to Ho-Oh besides Rockeus?
Besides Rockceus, there is no viable counter because Sacred Fire Burn messed up quite a few potential counters that uses physical moves, namely Tyranitar, Zekrom, and Landorus-T. It is unfortunate that there isn't a viable physically bulky pokemon that uses Special rock type moves bar Rockceus. If you are really desperate, you can try Fire Arceus with Stone Edge (it has advantage of burn immunity), but of course that thing is quite useless otherwise. As far as check, besides the first three I mentioned, there are Kyogre, Groudon, Heatran, Giratina(-O), Palkia, Water and Electric Arceus, Lugia, and Hippowdon. All of these pokemon can switch in at least one of Ho-oh STAB and threaten back with attack, Toxic, or setting up Stealth Rock+phaze. Anything faster that uses a rock move can revenge kill Ho-oh.

We have just recently generated a Timid 31/31/31/24/31/31 Yveltal. Instead of doing the usual Keep-or-Toss treadmill let us put it that way: Are there any significant threat left unchecked by the SAtk deficit?

As an extention of the question: Is there a tool that enables us to calculate the damage against multiple threats at the same time?

What are looking to be rayquaza's best sets this gen? I have a SD ready to move up, and have another rayquaza ready to catch in soulsilver. Outrage kind of seems to have died.

What is a good set for Genesect? I just want a set, because I'm planning to take my Buginator online, so I figured to start here because he was Ubers last gen, he would be this gen? I know he ISN'T in Ubers yet, but it's only a matter of time.... Isn't it?

What is a good set for Genesect? I just want a set, because I'm planning to take my Buginator online, so I figured to start here because he was Ubers last gen, he would be this gen? I know he ISN'T in Ubers yet, but it's only a matter of time.... Isn't it?
A mon doesn't need to be ubers to be useful or even be able to be used in ubers. But a scarf set with 252 attack 4 special attack and 252 speed evs with iron head explosion u-turn and ice beam. Or switch the special attack and attack evs and run u-turn ice beam bug buzz and flamethrower

Ok, my battling buddy has some insane Special Attackers, namely Yveltal, Delphox, and Mega Mewtwo Y, and I don't have anything to counter them. So, I need to get some special/ mixed walls in my team so I can stand a chance. My idea is:

Dusclops @Eviolite/ Leftovers
Sassy, Pressure
IV's: HP, Def, Sp. A, Sp. D, Spe
-Will-O-Wisp/ Toxic
-Confuse Ray
-Calm Mind
-Dark Pulse
Yeah, this might not be an amazing set, but it has some redeeming qualities. Dusknoir only gains 5 more base stat in defense and special defense when dusclops evolves. Eviolite will multiply both Def. and Sp. D by 1.5 which will bring it high enough to hold back some hard hits. Will-O-Wisp will take care of most physical attacks, though toxic can really tear down counter-walls or those that resist dark pulse. Confuse ray can can make a good combo with either will-o or toxic and take care of some attacks towards Dusclops. Calm mind is to take care of the previously mentioned special attackers, and it will boost dark pulse as well. Perhaps I could
Some problems with dusclops as a wall/ tank would be:
-it's lack of reliable recovery
-base HP of 40 -_-
-inability to hurt Yveltal
-and many more, I'm sure

So yeah, tell me about this plans flaws and strengths please.

Why isn't mega mewtwo on like, every team? Isn't it good or something?
Because it takes up your mega slot, and it isn't like arceus where it is incredibly versatile, and its still the case of synergy. Sure MMY runs a killer CM set and mmx can go mixed or just all out physical, but these sets don't really change what beats it aside from like ygod and thus a sure fire counter to one mega mewtwo in most scenarios wins.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, there aren't many mega slots for Ubers to choose from, I mean since Mewtwo, an original Uber, now has a mega buff, isn't it supposed to be the best mega? In fact, its like the only pokemon with higher BST than Arceus right now.

I am not satisfied with the answer, sorry :/

Well, there aren't many mega slots for Ubers to choose from, I mean since Mewtwo, an original Uber, now has a mega buff, isn't it supposed to be the best mega? In fact, its like the only pokemon with higher BST than Arceus right now.

That doesn't justify it being on every team. Other pokes like Scizor, Kanghaskan and Blaziken are also worthy of the mega-slot.

Labeling singular mon in blunt terms as "best" is a common mistake players make, especially in the high powered Ubers tier. Nothing justifies something as dumb as using a mon on every team because there are always other options and teams aren't composed of one member. Even though Mewtwo is one of the most powerful and versatile mons in the game, it doesn't mean there are alternatives that would patch a hole in your team that Mewtwo couldn't fix. Gengar provides almost guaranteed removal of one opposing wall+maybe a destiny bond suicide kill after and has more useful resistances, Mega-Blaziken being the best wallbreaker in the game and an overpowered pseudo scarfer if protect is on its set, Kanga brings multiple formes of priority, and Scizor is the closest thing to a semi-check to both Xerneas and E-killer Arceus. Many Mega-evolution mons have distinct niches that makes them usable for a team that needs the specific niches they offer. And even though Stalltwo and LOTwo are cool sets without taking up your mega-slot (that is if you want a niche that the other viable megas brings), many successful teams doesn't need what any Mewtwo can bring to table.

Ok, my battling buddy has some insane Special Attackers, namely Yveltal, Delphox, and Mega Mewtwo Y, and I don't have anything to counter them. So, I need to get some special/ mixed walls in my team so I can stand a chance. My idea is:

Dusclops @Eviolite/ Leftovers
Sassy, Pressure
IV's: HP, Def, Sp. A, Sp. D, Spe
-Will-O-Wisp/ Toxic
-Confuse Ray
-Calm Mind
-Dark Pulse
Yeah, this might not be an amazing set, but it has some redeeming qualities. Dusknoir only gains 5 more base stat in defense and special defense when dusclops evolves. Eviolite will multiply both Def. and Sp. D by 1.5 which will bring it high enough to hold back some hard hits. Will-O-Wisp will take care of most physical attacks, though toxic can really tear down counter-walls or those that resist dark pulse. Confuse ray can can make a good combo with either will-o or toxic and take care of some attacks towards Dusclops. Calm mind is to take care of the previously mentioned special attackers, and it will boost dark pulse as well. Perhaps I could
Some problems with dusclops as a wall/ tank would be:
-it's lack of reliable recovery
-base HP of 40 -_-
-inability to hurt Yveltal
-and many more, I'm sure

So yeah, tell me about this plans flaws and strengths please.
Well, you have already listed some flaws and strengths. For a great special wall you could try Eviolite Chansey? Dusclops has no form of recovery apart from rest, and if you were to put leftovers on it then you may as well have Duskinoir, and there would be no Eviolite bonus. Chansey has Wish + Protect or Softboiled. Alternatively Sylveon is a good special wall too, which can pass wishes.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold; Natural Cure; 252def 252spD 6hp
~Wish / Heal Bell
~Protect / Softboiled
~Seismic Toss
~Toxic / Thunder Wave

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Calm; Pixilate; 252hp 252spD 6spa
~Protect
~Wish
~Hyper Voice (hits through Subs ^_^)
~Heal Bell

I personally would advocate one of these over Dusclops.

Thanks! I've talked to him about training a Sylveon, so he may suspect me training one and planning ahead, but it may be just as effective though... That Chansey looks pretty good. By the way, do you mean healing wish instead of wish for Chansey? That would be good if I'm hanging on with 2 HP. Another question: with seismic toss, when I'm set to level 50 in the battles, does seismic toss do 50 or 100 damage, considering that it would be level 100?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Thanks! I've talked to him about training a Sylveon, so he may suspect me training one and planning ahead, but it may be just as effective though... That Chansey looks pretty good. By the way, do you mean healing wish instead of wish for Chansey? That would be good if I'm hanging on with 2 HP. Another question: with seismic toss, when I'm set to level 50 in the battles, does seismic toss do 50 or 100 damage, considering that it would be level 100?
Wish for reliable self-healing / healing the team, and Seismic Toss would do 50 damage (it's still decent though at level 50).
Also, I personally like Heal Bell / Softboiled / Seismic Toss / Thunder Wave but it's up to personal preference.

As an aside, is 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD better?

Besides what Hack has said, you should also be aware of the fact that MEGA POKEMON CANNOT HOLD An ITEM. Normal Mewtwo (and some Mega also) is by no way worse than its Mega form because of this reason alone. For example, a Life Orb Mewtwo actually hit harder that Mega Mewtwo Y. And there is leftovers for Stalltwo that Mega Mewtwo cannot utilize. Of course, the difference in damage between LO Mewtwo VS Mega Mewtwo Y is small and Mewtwo Y is faster and suffer no LO recoil. But then the Mega Clause comes into consideration. As Mewtwo Y only notable advantage is faster and no recoil VS normal LO Mewtwo, you should consider is it really worthy to use it over another Mega slot like Scizor or Aggron.

I have a question for others, How does Quagsire get into C rank in the viability ranking thread? Why would it be viable now?

Mega blaze is a pretty hard mon to check. Quaggy was borderline last gen but blaze tips the scales for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)