XY OU Sloth | Trick Room Hyper Offense

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I had never played Trick Room before, but i like Hyper Offense so i gave it a try. It was a blast! Very fun to play, abusing the fuck out of Mega Heracross and seeing opponents typing what just happend was amazing. Though there were some issues i had. I tried the Victini and Escavalier version though both had problems with ether Azumarill and Rocks or Clefable, Skarmory and bulky Mega Scizor.

So i was looking what could be changed to solve those problems. The only poke i saw to replace was the Victini/Escavalier slot. Yes, Cofagrigus is the worst pokemon on the team, but there isnt really any thing better for that slot. It should be a spin blocker that can set up a trick room, should be able to set up and bulky enough to cripple threats. There is pretty much only Cofagrigus. I toyed with some other Ghosts and stuff, but those were all worse.

After the replacable mon was clear I searched for a bulky enough strong sweeper that could do want Escavalier and Victini couldnt.
Enter Magnezone:

Zone-tan (Magnezone) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I tested with it today and it really shined. Amazing SpAtk, can switchin on Scizor and Dragon Attacks as well as Brave Bird spam and Mega Pinsir´s Quick Attack.
Trapping Skarmory, Ferrothorwn and Scizor worked really well even without Trick Room. I am not really sure about the Volt Switch though. You could run Tri Attack for other Electric typs, but there werent really an issue as Volt Switching into something else normally does the job. Volt Switching on the last Trick Room Turn into another Trick Room user is nice and prevents set ups on Magnezone too.

That is the team I used the last 3 days with which i got to 1700-1800 multiple times:

Mr. Krabs (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet

Zone-tan (Magnezone) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Luna (Cresselia) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Diva (Diancie) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Wrecking Bug (Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

Free Aids for you (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

I would love to get some feedback on the change and the team in general. I really hope others are still seting up Trick Rooms :]
Great suggestion pe5e, i will definitely try Magnezone out. Keep in mind that none of Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Clefable are particularly troubling if a am running SD Escavalier. Bulky SD Mega Scizor is checked by both Cofagrigus and Crawdaunt, depending on if it has U-turn or Knock Off, which i have to scout for. Clefable is always checked by Escavalier with Trick Room up, can be beat by NP Cofagrigus if it lacks Unaware, and same with SD Mega Heracross. Unaware sets can be a bit troulbing as they wall anything except from Crawdaunt and Escavalier, but they are somewhat rare, and Crawdaunt can still do tons of work against stall teams with Unaware Clefable. As for Skarmory, it only really troubles Escavalier, as the rest of the teams has no troubles with it. Trapping Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor is great for this team though, so i will definitely try out your suggestion.

Btw, i have permanently replaced Victini with SD Escavalier on the team.

Oh, and i replaced Psychic with Moonlight on Cresselia, with only three TR setters, one of which is meant to suicide early-game, Cresselia appreciates the ability to stick around longer.

Great suggestion pe5e, i will definitely try Magnezone out. Keep in mind that none of Skarmory, Mega Scizor, and Clefable are particularly troubling if a am running SD Escavalier. Bulky SD Mega Scizor is checked by both Cofagrigus and Crawdaunt, depending on if it has U-turn or Knock Off, which i have to scout for. Clefable is always checked by Escavalier with Trick Room up, can be beat by NP Cofagrigus if it lacks Unaware, and same with SD Mega Heracross. Unaware sets can be a bit troulbing as they wall anything except from Crawdaunt and Escavalier, but they are somewhat rare, and Crawdaunt can still do tons of work against stall teams with Unaware Clefable. As for Skarmory, it only really troubles Escavalier, as the rest of the teams has no troubles with it. Trapping Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor is great for this team though, so i will definitely try out your suggestion.
Escavalier was great for me too, because it had a lot more bulk. But i hated the fact that Mega Scizor and Skarmory are hardcounters to it. Sure other team mates can help with that. Almost non of the above pokemon is an issue when they have no other problematic walls. But if they have Skarmory and Mega Venusaur for example then it gets really annoying. Especially if they can freely switch around with their walls. Also if you have to switch more often Trick Room becomes so short that you maybe missed your chance. The Sets i had most problem with were Roost SD Mega Scizor, Fireblast/Flamethrower Clefable and Skarmory(Brave Bird sets in general).

Btw, i have permanently replaced Victini with SD Escavalier on the team.

Oh, and i replaced Psychic with Moonlight on Cresselia, with only three TR setters, one of which is meant to suicide early-game, Cresselia appreciates the ability to stick around longer.
I also felt the switch of Victini was rigt. I dont know about Moonlight though. Especially Keldeo beomes a even bigger problem then. You cant beat Keldeo 1 on 1 with Cresselia anymore and have nothing to switch into. Most of the time you need to use Lunar Dance anyway since nothing on the team really likes to switch into things that come in on Cresselia.

Two things i am going to try out are Pain Split over wisp on Cofagrigus and Sash Diancie over Mental Herb. Plain Split gives it a nice form of recovery and Sash allows Diancie to set up Trick Rooms in the face of offensive water types, Flash Canon Heatran and banded Siczor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)