Slowbro for President [UU RMT]

I’ve been playing the game for a while now (since before Froslass) but this is my first RMT, simply because this is the first team I’ve put together that has performed consistently on the ladder, and that I haven’t got bored of (I have a very short attention span and can’t keep the same Pokémon in a team for too long) Unfortunately this team comes at a time when the metagame is rather stable, and quite frankly, boring. But I will hopefully use this team until UU gets shaken up again, and becomes that hectic, unbalanced, exciting metagame we all love it to be.

The lead

Disorder (Ambipom) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature
- Fake out
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Ambipom is top lead in UU for a good reason. It comes in, does its job, and gets out of there, causing as much damage as possible along the way. Fake out, taunt and U-turn all go without saying. As well as the EV’s and jolly nature. You’d be a fool to run ambipom without them. The 4th move is usually chosen by the player with a specific purpose in mind. I chose to run T-wave because of the trouble it causes the opposition, he is one of the fastest status inducers in the metagame, so I thought it best to capitalise on this. Ambipom is able to come in throughout the game, fake out to take away the opponents momentum, then T-wave whatever Pokémon they have in, and then jump out to an appropriate counter.

The Defensive Duo

Iron Giant (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Hp/100 Atk/152 SpD
Careful nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Earthquake
- Iron head
- Thunder Wave

Registeel is #1 wall in UU for a very good reason. Unless your a +2 Houndoom shooting off a fire blast or a banded Lee’s CC he will stop you dead in your tracks, then proceed to laugh at you. The moveset, EV’s and nature are straight from Smogon’s “UU tank” set. Stealth Rock, for residual damage, T-wave to slow things down and tip the game in my favour. EQ and Iron Head allowing me to hit all but Moltres for neutral. Or close enough anyway.

Hydra (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 Hp/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature
- Surf
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Personally, alongside venusaur, I think this guy should be suspect. His defensive capabilities are phenomenal. He pairs fantastically with registeel, taking all those nasty fire moves aimed at the poor fellow. The moveset, EV’s and nature are straight from smogon. Surf is for STAB, Ice beam hits grass super effectively, very handy for all those easy to predict Venusaur switches, Recover for the obvious effect, and toxic to take out what Milotic can’t handle himself, namely other bulky waters, spiritomb etc..

The Attacking Trio

Clam Chowder (Slowbro) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Hp//252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Surf
- Psychic

Here is a CMbro set with twist that I added to it. Slowbro is a fantastic physical wall, because of his bulk and great typing, letting him take hits like a champ. And after a few calm minds, his special defence is just as good, meaning the only way to beat this guy is usually toxic. I originally ran the regular CM set but got so wound up with toxic I flipped. I didn’t want to take him out the team though because he performs like a star. So i decided to try the chesto rest combo, and it worked to great effect. I simply set up till nearly dead, rest, wake, and bang, i’ve got a full powered wrecking machine ready to go. The chesto berry also nets me countless Venusaur kills. The amount of people who switch in venusaur and sleep powder expecting the switch is amazing. Whats more amazing is that i still find it hilarious when there #1 Pokémon is OHKO’d by a charged up psychic because slowbro wakes up thanks to his berry. The EV’s and nature are for extra bulk. Surf and Psychic for STAB, Calm Mind for boosting, and Rest for recovery.

BruteRoot (Venusaur) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Bulky sweepers are definitely the way to go in this metagame, as speedy frail ones just don’t cut it like they used to. Swords dancing venusaur is a truely frightening sweeper when set up, with the ability to take out most the opposing team. The set is straight from Smogon, But with black sludge instead of LO, so venusaur can keep his bulk. Power whip is for STAB, EQ for fantastic coverage. Sword dance makes him extremely powerful and Sleep powder takes out one Pokémon, allowing him to set up.

FantasticMrFox (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flashfire
EVs: 4 Hp/252Satk/252 Spd
Timd nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball

I didn’t really know what to put in this last slot, I knew I wanted a 3rd powerhouse for the team, and when looking over what I had, I thought i best include something that covers the fire weakness 2 of my Pokémon have, and what better way to do that than with a Pokémon who is immune to fire. Ninetale’s nasty plot set has the potential to put huge dents in anyteam once their special wall/ bulky water is down. Substitute is to easy prediction, protect from priority etc... Nasty plot is obvious. Flamethrower and energy ball for coverage. I chose to run leftovers instead of LO because sub + LO would chew through his HP faster than Oprah on a baked ham.

So there you have it, all comments will be greatly received, and I look forward to working with you on improving this team.

I think you made a small mistake when you Copied Ambipoms format (I think you did) as Ninetales is certainly not having technician :p!

And did you test running more Def EVs for Slowbro, as SpD doesn't seem to be the problem after 2 CMs.

Btw, Slowking has more power, might want to consider that.

//no time for a good rate

I think you made a small mistake when you Copied Ambipoms format (I think you did) as Ninetales is certainly not having technician :p!

And did you test running more Def EVs for Slowbro, as SpD doesn't seem to be the problem after 2 CMs.

Btw, Slowking has more power, might want to consider that.

//no time for a good rate
It looks like a made a few mistakes when typing it all up =p
Slowbro is running 252 Def EV's not SpD, mistake on my part

Replace Swords Dance Venusaur with a Rock Polish Tortera. More Attack. More Speed. More coverage.

Replace Ambipom with Technitop. It's just as annoying, and arguably more helpful late in the game.

I run a similar Ambipom and I feel so empty when I don't have him in the lead slot. Taunt is infinitely useful for stopping setups. Although, I use Return instead of T-wave. Frankly, I find him too frail to use T-wave effectively. Return is a nice option because if your opponent throws out a squishy lead, you can really put a dent in it and/or KO it after Fake Out.

Also, have you considered using Arcanine instead of Ninetails? He can have the same fire immunity, but with a higher base attack. All three of your attacking trio rely on stat boosters to turn them deadly. A good counter to this is a Roar/Whirlwinder. It would be nice to have one of your attackers not so reliant on setting up, especially with the potential of being pushed out.

Also, have you considered using Arcanine instead of Ninetails? He can have the same fire immunity, but with a higher base attack. All three of your attacking trio rely on stat boosters to turn them deadly. A good counter to this is a Roar/Whirlwinder. It would be nice to have one of your attackers not so reliant on setting up, especially with the potential of being pushed out.
I am currently testing choice band arcanine over ninetales, and am having a lot of success with it, the abilty to 2HKO Milotic is just great

Replace Swords Dance Venusaur with a Rock Polish Tortera. More Attack. More Speed. More coverage.

Replace Ambipom with Technitop. It's just as annoying, and arguably more helpful late in the game.
????? I advise you to lurk more. Technitop does not make a good make a good lead and has none of the moves ambipom has.

Torterra does not feel the same role as his Venasaur does.

I advise to run Low Kick over Thunder Wave on Ambipom so Lead Rhyperior can't set up Stealth Rock and KO most of you're team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)