Other Metagames SM Singles UU

Team for SM Singles UU

Introduction
Hey Guys! This is my first time posting here, mediocre in competitive battling, so I decided to ask some help from you guys for my SM-Bank UU Team. I have tested this team and it got me a lot of wins and a few losses. Hasn't reached the top but it still works well.
lycanroc_sprites__rockruff_evo__by_leparagon-dahihhj.png

I wanted to use a Lycanroc since it was a fast rock type (one of the best offensive typings)
and the only rock type with a priority rock move.
primarina.png

Then I needed a bulky mon that I could switch into when Lycanroc would've gotten ko'd. I chose Primarina because it resists water, fighting, and having stabs against ground and fighting.

primarina.png

The two hated status so I needed a cleric. Roserade worked well because it resisted grass which the two were weak against, and it was bulky enough to take a hit when switching.

primarina.png

I added in Krookodile because it had 3 roles I could use, Anti-Lead, Stallbreaker, and Hazard Setter, having Taunt, Knock Off, and Stealth Rocks.
primarina.png

I added in Chandelure as a Wallbreaker because special walls blocked by team since Primarina and Roserade didn't do much on their own.
primarina.png

The team really needed hazard removal so I added in Scizor. It also acted as a physical wall.

My team really needed haze so I replaced Primarina with Milotic who was bulkier and had recover.

Team

Wolverine (Lycanroc) (F) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Crunch
- Thunder Fang
- Stone Edge
Lycanroc (the Poke I built my team around) is the one of the fastest rock Pokemon and the only one with a priority rock move, so it acts as a sweeper. Accelerock to finish off Pokemon faster than it, Stone Edge for STAB (both moves boosted by Plate) and Thunder Fang + Crunch for coverage. Its EVs and Nature also maximizing its sweeping potential.​

Eyebrows (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Mirror Coat
Needed a bulky water with haze, so I went Milotic. 252 HP for Maximum Leftovers/Recover usage and 252 Def makes up for mediocre defense. Scald so taunt doesn't block me and burn lets me wall more, Recover and Haze for its role and Mirror Coat punishes toxics, taunts etc. Marvel Scale in case Roserade isn't available, while also further punishing status users.

TuxedoMask (Roserade) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
I chose Roserade because it had resistances that the other two were weak to, and it had Aromatherapy making it a cleric. Sludge Bomb for stab, Synthesis for recovery, and Giga Drain for extra recovery. Black Sludge and Natural Cure also help it stay alive more often. 252 HP for maximizing recovery options, and 252 Def so it can survive atleast 1 hit from physical attacks.

King K. Rool (Krookodile) (F) @ Dread Plate/Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake/Brick Break
- Stealth Rock
The team easily got stalled so I added in Krookodile being a Stallbreaker/AntiLead and Hazard Setter. Taunt Knock Off and Stealth Rock are all for its role (Stealth Rock also helps Chandelure and Lycanroc kill), Earthquake for STAB and Brick Break for breaking screens. 252 Atk and 252 Speed helps outspeed and hit most stallers and leads, and Dread Plate lets it hit with Knock Off harder.

Lumiere (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Hidden Power Fighting/Energy Ball
Milotic and Roserade didn't do much damage so I chose Chandelure as my Wallbreaker. Flamethrower Shadow Ball are both STAB, HP Fight and Energy Ball for coverage, and Trick to lock people into a move, like locking A-Sandslash into an ice move. Max Atk and Speed Choice Specs and its Nature all help out its role as a Wallbreaker.

Iron Man (Scizor) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
- Bug Bite/U-Turn/Tailwind
This is a really weird Scizor set, a Utility/Support Scizor. I really needed a bulky one and Scizor was one that's typing and stats helped me out. Defog Tailwind and U-Turn for utility. Roost + Leftovers for survivability and Bullet Punch and Bug Bite so it doesn't die from Taunt. HP and SpD help it tank more hits and the extra attack just lets it hit a tad harder. Impish also increases its Def making both Defenses equal. Leftovers is just there for more recovery.
Lycanroc @ Stone Plate
Ability: Keen Eye
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Crunch
- Thunder Fang
- Stone Edge

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Mirror Coat

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Roost
- Bug Bite

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, sorry this is a little late and maybe you have changed the team by now with all bans happening but since I'm on a train right now and have nothing better to do would love to help might as well, right? Let's get straight to it then.

-->

First off, your choice for Lyanroc on this team is a little unfitting imo. Lyanrocs niche is pretty much restricted to a lead set that can somewhat reliably beat other leads (Taunt/SR/Crunch/Accelrock w/ Sash), and a mediocre sand sweeper set with Sand Rush and SD. Your team isn't HO and you don't have a Sand Stream user on your team, so I would recommend replacing it with Mega Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl has been a force to be reckoned with during ORAS and it's no different im SM. It provides your team with a fast revenge killer and sweeper if you want to run Hone Claws but for now I would recommend a standard set of Stone Edge/Aerial Ace/EQ/Pursuit with a Jolly nature. Improves your match-up versus Victini, a major threat for your team, especially since Milotic is vulnerable to Victini's Electric and Grass coverage, and let's you trap it with Pursuit. Also a Ground immunity.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Milotic is fine imo, haven't played with it in SM yet but I would recommend you to run Toxic over Mirror Coat. From my experience Mirror Coat is too situational and Toxic provides you with a better option to pressure your opponent than just Scald. You should also run enough speed for Jolly Azumarill so you can Haze before it hits you with a +6 boosted Play Rough (84 Spe does the job).

-->

Roserade. Uhm I'll be honest with you, I don't like defensive Roserade without Spikes, even as a cleric I think it's pretty miserable. Amoonguss does everything this set wishes to do better and additionally has Regenerator, which makes it a better pivot, plus a 100% accurate sleep inducing move in Spore. Not to say Roserade is bad, but I would either recommend choosing a more offensive (at least more speedy) Spikes variant, or straight up switching to Amoonguss. (Will provide set import later. see below)

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Krookodile is fine as a SR setter imo, your set needs a little bit of tweaking, though. Earthquake should 100% be used over Brick Break, it's not like screens are that relevant anway, plus you have Taunt to prevent them. Go with Jolly over Adamant nature, which let's you outspeed Lucario, Nidoking, Entei and Toxicroak (they aren't too common as of now but Jolly still is the way to go). Dread Plate is a fine item choice, but I encourage you to try out Rocky Helmet. Get's some chip damage on U-turn users and works well in conjunction with Intimidate.

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Specs Chandelure is a cool wallbreaker but I would recommend switching to Sub+CM instead. It's capable of breaking stall, which your team is completely helpless against, and can soften up defensive cores for Aerodactyl to clean up. (Set and details later. see below)

Chandelure @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

To be honest I'm not a big fan of Defog Scizor, simply because I feel giving up SD is a waste. However, your team is pressured by hazards a good amount so it might be the right choice for the team. If you decide to switch Roserade to a Spikes set, I would probably go with SD since Defog get's in the way with that, but if you switch to Amoonguss (my preferred option) I can see Defog Scizor being the correct option. Will test a bit once I get home and let you know. Edit: Defog does work out nicely, would keep it.
Will finish later, as I have reached my destination. done

I hope this helps. Cheers!

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 184 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Some Replays:
Unfortunately, by the time I decided to test with this team I came to realize they had reset the ratings on the UU beta ladder. As a result the battles weren't of the best quality but I still think it turned out nicely.
VS Sand
UU Room Tour Game

Last edited:
Hi, sorry this is a little late and maybe you have changed the team by now with all bans happening but since I'm on a train right now and have nothing better to do would love to help might as well, right? Let's get straight to it then.

-->

First off, your choice for Lyanroc on this team is a little unfitting imo. Lyanrocs niche is pretty much restricted to a lead set that can somewhat reliably beat other leads (Taunt/SR/Crunch/Accelrock w/ Sash), and a mediocre sand sweeper set with Sand Rush and SD. Your team isn't HO and you don't have a Sand Stream user on your team, so I would recommend replacing it with Mega Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl has been a force to be reckoned with during ORAS and it's no different im SM. It provides your team with a fast revenge killer and sweeper if you want to run Hone Claws but for now I would recommend a standard set of Stone Edge/Aerial Ace/EQ/Pursuit with a Jolly nature. Improves your match-up versus Victini, a major threat for your team, especially since Milotic is vulnerable to Victini's Electric and Grass coverage, and let's you trap it with Pursuit. Also a Ground immunity.

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Milotic is fine imo, haven't played with it in SM yet but I would recommend you to run Toxic over Mirror Coat. From my experience Mirror Coat is too situational and Toxic provides you with a better option to pressure your opponent than just Scald. You should also run enough speed for Jolly Azumarill so you can Haze before it hits you with a +6 boosted Play Rough (84 Spe does the job).

-->

Roserade. Uhm I'll be honest with you, I don't like defensive Roserade without Spikes, even as a cleric I think it's pretty miserable. Amoonguss does everything this set wishes to do better and additionally has Regenerator, which makes it a better pivot, plus a 100% accurate sleep inducing move in Spore. Not to say Roserade is bad, but I would either recommend choosing a more offensive (at least more speedy) Spikes variant, or straight up switching to Amoonguss. (Will provide set import later. see below)

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Krookodile is fine as a SR setter imo, your set needs a little bit of tweaking, though. Earthquake should 100% be used over Brick Break, it's not like screens are that relevant anway, plus you have Taunt to prevent them. Go with Jolly over Adamant nature, which let's you outspeed Lucario, Nidoking, Entei and Toxicroak (they aren't too common as of now but Jolly still is the way to go). Dread Plate is a fine item choice, but I encourage you to try out Rocky Helmet. Get's some chip damage on U-turn users and works well in conjunction with Intimidate.

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Specs Chandelure is a cool wallbreaker but I would recommend switching to Sub+CM instead. It's capable of breaking stall, which your team is completely helpless against, and can soften up defensive cores for Aerodactyl to clean up. (Set and details later. see below)

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

To be honest I'm not a big fan of Defog Scizor, simply because I feel giving up SD is a waste. However, your team is pressured by hazards a good amount so it might be the right choice for the team. If you decide to switch Roserade to a Spikes set, I would probably go with SD since Defog get's in the way with that, but if you switch to Amoonguss (my preferred option) I can see Defog Scizor being the correct option. Will test a bit once I get home and let you know. Edit: Defog does work out nicely, would keep it.
Will finish later, as I have reached my destination. done

I hope this helps. Cheers!

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 184 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Some Replays:
Unfortunately, by the time I decided to test with this team I came to realize they had reset the ratings on the UU beta ladder. As a result the battles weren't of the best quality but I still think it turned out nicely.
VS Sand
UU Room Tour Game
RIP Late replies
All these changes are pretty good, all beneficial. Just one question, Why 30ivs on Scizor?

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Simply to underspeed other Scizor, take their hit and pivot out with a slow U-turn. Helps Chandelure come in on oppossing Scizor without taking damage/being U-turned on and losing momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)