CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I say we should do an entirely new pokemon.

My reasoning is that it is unlikely Nintendo will EVER publish a fan-created evolution of an existing pokemon, no matter how well thought out it is.

New Pokemon also allow for greater diversity and are less gimmick-prone.

I'm looking at WarLax from the last topic, btw. An evolution of Munchlax with completely baseless stats, evolution method, type, exotic and clearly broken new moves and traits, and all other manner of inanities.

Starting from scratch is much better for this purpose if we actually want this to be published. If we're just doing it for fun, it doesn't matter, but then, why not just have a fan-made pokemon topic (which, btw. tends to get locked thanks to inconcievably ridiculous pokemon like Warlax.)

I think I'm going to have to vote for a new Pokemon. As much as I'd like to see an Electrode evo, or a Banette evo, or something of the sort, it just seems like there'd be a huge argument about who to evolve. So, for the sake of this going as smoothly as possible, new Pokemon.

But that would finally get everyone to agree Lapras is BL (as the new evo certainly will be)
A Lapras evo would be a low OU which is a High BL which is about the same so why have BL in the first place? =/ BTW Water/Dragon for it would be the win.

and Furret's evo had better not be a Linoone clone.
I'm having the visulation of his evo looking like Zangoose, Linoone, and Furrets tri bastard child mix.

I vote for a new evolution or useful babies, provided that the baby is useful and provides something beneficial to it's evolutions. Wouldn't want to see the likes of what Mantyke provides Mantine... which is nothing.
Some ideas are:
Shelgon split evolution: Evolves into a slower, more defensive Dragon/Rock type that doesn't want to leave the shell. Name? Shelldra, maybe, but it's Probably too simple. It's doubtful that people would wanna mess with anything in the 600BST crew, but none are all too defensive, and none lack a 4x weakness.
Mareep Split: Evolves into a Black sheep, gaining an added dark typing. Lambshade and then Blaksheer are my choice names for the two.
Jynx Evo: I'd call it Coldmama, personally! Brings it up to Electivire and Magmortar, though hopefully doesn't lower speed the way its kindred did. Maybe it looses Physical attack which it wont use anyway instead.
Sunflora Evolution: A Sunflower that cannot create SUNlight or use fire. Evolution can bring it up tenfold. Sunfernace? The stat boost would likely be minimal, the gained fire typing and sunlight would be its sell.
Baby Beetle: Can help bring Pinsir needed Megahorn and other moves, can evolve to it or Heracross. Beatljuus is my name, just don't say it three times fast or an undead freak will haunt you. Perhaps even adding a third to the line, I'd choose a bombardier beetle with a mighty explosion.
Baby cow: Gender dependant moomoo veal. Hide children's eyes as Tauros uses Milk Drink and hopefully other moves it could use! You can buy them at Calfprise
Pachirisu evolution: I only offer this so that I can say: OU Superfanger... wouldn't it be nice if OU had one? Gains normal type... maybe a gliding squirrel? To keep with the Japanese basis of the name, I'd call it Kaminarisu (which is Thunder and clap if I'm not mistaken.)

I got tons more, but I'll slow down.

Hyra, this is exactly the right way to go about doing this. Good job.

New evo

The best ones I can see are a split farfetch'd (fighting/Flying and ghost/flying would be cool)

And Banette. Those two would be great.

Pinsir could work, but I fear it would just become another Heracross. Maybe make it Bug/Rock or somethign and it could work.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Damn, this topic just shot off. :o

I guess people were really bored with Syclant. :/

BL.... it's a faux tier. It means this Pokemon is too good for UU but not used enough to be OU.

I think it's for people who actually like BL battles.

EDIT: Seven people for Banette evo!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

My reasoning is that it is unlikely Nintendo will EVER publish a fan-created evolution of an existing pokemon, no matter how well thought out it is.

I'm looking at WarLax from the last topic, btw. An evolution of Munchlax with completely baseless stats, evolution method, type, exotic and clearly broken new moves and traits, and all other manner of inanities.

Starting from scratch is much better for this purpose if we actually want this to be published. If we're just doing it for fun, it doesn't matter, but then, why not just have a fan-made pokemon topic (which, btw. tends to get locked thanks to inconcievably ridiculous pokemon like Warlax.)
Well, at least my idea of Flarrim was to just create a pokémon with a new typing, based on a pokémon with a LOT of potential that simply was born to be played under Sunny Day. The Fire type would remove some of its nasty weaknesses (Fire and Ice), even though it removes two important resistances (Water and Ground), thus balancing it defensively; the STAB Fire move means it would be able to use HP Ground/Ice without any problems (and I don't see it using Earthquake, before anyone mention it). The only thing that I see that would NO be acceptable on it is Flower Gift; Fire Blast has 120 Base Power. During Sunny Day, it's 120 x STAB x Flower Gift x Sunny day = 120 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 405 BP... Okay, no Flower Gift. Cherrim deserves to be special.

Huh, long story shot, we'd still create a new pokémon; the only difference is that we'd already have a BST base, and some kind of good movepool. But, if we really want to evolve something, I don't think we should go with things with a huge movepool (Dunsparce) or high BST (Lapras/Pinsir), or that already have a high stat (Absol). That's why I like Cherrim for that: Interesting Base Stat spread, "average" BST, little movepool, and it's a theme pokémon that just needed the right typing to shine.
Hell, if Cherrim was Fire/Grass already, she'd be amazing in UU (even with those Base Stats that looks like a pre-evo).

I hope anyone gets my point, I think I hadn't worded this post well...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I take it no one is up for evolving Skarmory into a pokemon with 90/85/160/45/85/60 Stats >_> <_< >_>

Lol, people please Bold votes. Or else sanjay will be very disappointed when I don't count you.

Hm... so you guys know, things I am considering (or was or something): Farfetch'd, Banette, Dunsparce. yah, those were the three that made me decide on this.

I still want a new Pokemon. Random+ FTW.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If we're goign to evolve anything I really want a Girafarig, Farfetch'd, Corsola, and maybe a Absol Evo.

Cooper, stop voting more than once. Your psychedelic Hippo avatar gives you away.
I didn't vote more than once. I quoted Sunday's post, which happened to have a bold in it. I only voted for my own, but I'll edit my quote just for you.

Completely New Pokemon

Gets too choicey otherwise, people won't all be satisfied.

More fun doing a complete movepool/etc/ as well

This will be my first create a pokemon poll, since I came in late. I didn't feel it right for me to start voting on poll 11 or 12, since I didn't vote on the first ones.

I'm placing my vote toward a new evolution of an existing Pokemon.

Agreeing with others of making it easier to have a move pool and stats. Although there could still be a poll of adding new attacks.

Create a new pokémon

Now that Syclant is "created", I think we should create a new Special Wall, there aren't many and Blissey is so overused... This Special Wall should have Rapid Spin and a reliable recovery move (sorry Tentacruel...), followed by a good type (read: not fire). Just an idea.

I agree with this. At least until Slycant is submitted. If we create a new evo, and Nintendo decides to make a different evo to that same poke, our poke will just look dumb.

New poke will allow us to improve the metagame (counter the overpowered crap).
It would also look alot better than submitting one of nintendo's own pokes (that we tampered with) to them.

From pre-existing pokemon

Well Nintendo might not like that re are "messing" with the pokemon they already have but making something out of complete scratch is a bit harder. Well I know this isn't about hard or easy but it is a plus. Plus we can make something like Corsola or Ledian to something that sucks less, making lovable pokemon even more loveable, Speaking of love...

LOVDISC

EDIT: Black Sheep Flaffy split EVO. Not mareep since we would need to make 2 new pokemon.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I want this pokemon to be a pre-evo for both the Tauros and Miltank lines. Breed something holding MooMooMilk with a Miltank and have the baby evolve into a Tauros if it's male; Miltank if it's female. And have this pokemon learn a different set of egg moves for each gender it can be (I would love a way to get Flare Blitz and Megahorn onto Tauros, but Miltank having them would be a little weird. So only a male baby would be able to have those two moves passed to it. A female would have a different list of egg moves, but be the same pokemon).

Or else a Ghost/Steel-type with Levitate as an alternate evolution for Drifloon (get it to the level it evolves at holding a Metal Coat and it becomes the new pokemon; with no held item, it becomes Drifblim).

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I dunno why everyone in the world think a Ghost/Steel type with levitate is the most awesome thing in the world. :(

I'd like something I could actually kill, k?

Ugh Ghost/Steel Levitate.
I'm assuming you'd give it massive defensive stats too?
Lol
I think that it'd be too hard to please everyone with a new evo. Plus, it's even less likely to be accepted by Nintendo/GF whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)