Smogon Fantasy Basketball '11-'12

It seems I get to repea...ahem....we get to have a fantasy basketball season! I have re-created the keeper league and will be sending PMs to last year participants soon. If anyone who played last year doesn't play this season then we can add someone new.

I saw in the other NBA thread that Limitless is making a league, so shoot him a PM if you want to play there. We've had two league's the past couple of years since interest in participating is relatively high. Feel free to discuss other leagues here as well!

In any case, for the keeper league I have set a tentative draft time of Sunday, December 18 at 8:00PM (-4 GMT). This should give us enough time to see most of the free agency period. Keepers will probably be due 3-4 days before the draft, so I have time to make sure everything is set up correctly and we don't have to go through the hassle of last year (even though you guys where great handling that, thanks!). Settings will probably be the same, but feel free to tell me any suggestions.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Still have around three to four spots open. Draft will be Tuesday at 9 P.M. EST.

PM me your email address if interested in joining.

I'll be signing up for Mizuno's solely because of the time of the draft and I don't have to PM him my E-mail. But I must ask, is this on the ESPN fantasy BBall or another site?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Got a request to make the draft Friday (same time) instead of Saturday. Yes? No? Maybe?
God no...I'm Australian and Christmas is approaching so I'm working during the day Saturday most likely. Come to think of it I might be forced to work Sunday (your Saturday night) too so is there actually a chance of making it on the same time on your Sunday? I won't have my full work roster for another few days but I do know that my likelihood of working on a Saturday is a lot higher then me working on a Sunday or Monday (Saturday night/Sunday night in American time).

not friday! I'm going to be travelling back home from school that day. saturday and sunday at the same time are both good though!

also remind us of the rules for the draft if we keep players?

Each team from last year gets to keep up three players. Each player a team keeps will forfeit a draft pick, starting with the first pick. So, if a team keeps two players, then that team would get to do it's first draft pick from the 3rd round.

We are still missing some people, so if they don't respond in the next few days (say, until Friday), then they will be replaced with new people.

Also, for those already in the league, what do you think of increasing the number of playoff teams from 6 to 8? Basically what this would do is that the 1st and 2nd place teams don't have a bye in the first round. Haven't tried this before, but I am leaning on doing this. Thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)