SMOGON KARAOKE 2012 ROUND 6: THE SAME, BUT DIFFERENT

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hurt, originally by Nine Inch Nails, then later covered by Johnny Cash.
Original
Cover

I'll see if I can get to recording it. It's gonna be so hard not to start bawling. Dammit Johnny Cash.

Anyone can join this, right?

If so, since Ninahaza changed his mind, I'll reserve Hallelujah for now and I'll see if I can get it done.

Hurt, originally by Nine Inch Nails, then later covered by Johnny Cash.
Original
Cover

I'll see if I can get to recording it. It's gonna be so hard not to start bawling. Dammit Johnny Cash.
Lol i legit just bought a physical copy of Johnny Cash's American IV: The Man Comes Around like, 3 days ago now, so that song has been getting a lot of play from me recently. Love the NiN version, love the Cash cover, overall fantastic song.

If I can get a working mic together I'll record something but I've been saying that for like 3 rounds now sooooo.....

Shii

zap
How could a NIN song be covered by Johnny Cash? Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?
Did you listen to it? Hurt was on NIN's album The Downward Spiral, released in the mid 90's. Johnny Cash covered it just before he died, which was 2002.

Lol i legit just bought a physical copy of Johnny Cash's American IV: The Man Comes Around like, 3 days ago now, so that song has been getting a lot of play from me recently. Love the NiN version, love the Cash cover, overall fantastic song.

If I can get a working mic together I'll record something but I've been saying that for like 3 rounds now sooooo.....
Lol coincidence much? I can't find it in stores here. Personally, the NIN version was one of my favorite songs back in high school, and I only just recently heard Johnny's cover. It was completely different coming from him, because he's been through so much more. Hell, he died a couple months after he covered it! It is just so haunting. ;-;

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
No dear sir,

This is an institute of higher pokemon education, you must therefore submit proof of your merit to compete in this singing thread, preferably dispatching of two elite pokemon players at in a single match.
fuck that shit, doubles is better

also waterbomb please do not troll in my thread

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:( mean wer is mean. Have you forgotten about all the good times we had together at Five Guys???

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I only came up with one song that I kinda want to do, but I don't feel like doing more Muse.

I want to do "Dont Cha" by The Pussycat Dolls but it only fits the theme if you really stretch the rules (the chorus is pretty much ripped from Sir Mix-a-Lot's "Swass"). I might record it just for fun anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)