SMOGON KARAOKE 2012 ROUND 7: GOOD IS DUMB

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Congrats to MikeDecIsHere, who was there in the last round to win. Honorable mention goes to Ninahaza and Stone Cold, both of whom I forgot. Both of you get 75 imaginary points. Now it's time for the next round.

VILLAIN SONGS

It's good to be bad, baby, and we're gonna belt it out like we know it. Participants must sing a song from the perspective of a villainous character. Don't be afraid to get those Disney VHSs out (or DVDs for the 75% of the site that was born after 1998).

Karaoke rules:
  • You have nine days to submit your entry. Since this round begins on May 13, you have until 11:59 pm of May 23rd to submit your entry, at which point voting will begin. Voting will last three days, at which point a new round will begin.
  • You are permitted to reserve a song for three days. If the three days come and pass and you still haven't posted your entry, the song becomes fair game and you will not be permitted to reserve another song until the next round.
  • You are allowed to submit entries after the deadline for any particular round, but keep in mind that once people vote in the poll they can't change their votes. Also keep in mind that to change a poll, we need an smod, so there is no guarantee that your late entry will be posted to the poll in a timely manner, if at all.
  • Songs that you submitted in previous rounds cannot be used again. Songs that were previously sung by other people in other rounds are acceptable, but totally lame and we will make you sit with the nerdy kids at lunch if you do it.

Here are some sites that will work for uploading your entries:

http://soundcloud.com/
http://tindeck.com/

Also, this is a rather nifty program for recording your entries!

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are songs by MF Doom AKA Viktor Vaughn AKA The Vaudeville Villian usable? Inquiring minds want to know!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
[youtube]YvUbbYX9BMs[/youtube]
the greatest badguy song in history imo
will cover asap

Tim Curry is like, the only villain I've ever seen who I'm just like "Oh you! xD You just tried to murder and shiprwreck the goodguys! Is okay. I forgive!"

[edit]
ahahaha I just wrote out a lead sheet from listening to the music
this is going to be the funnest karaoke contest evar

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

my entry: when you're a professional pirate

pleez don't forget me this round D:

pookar

Banned deucer.
V VAUGHN THE TRAVELIN VAUDEVILLE VILLAIN

ok if i dont like it enough i let biggie have it if he wants but for now i reserve for both of us

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here!
Singing: Me
Cute Talking: Huy

I don't know why the vocal remover filter is so shitty at the beginning but whatevs.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
mikedecishere, of course, your voice sounds great, and you mixed it well (but why on earth didn't you just c/p it to make it longer lol), but where on earth did you find that excellent back ground track? It sounds great!

[edit]
a;lsdkgja;sldfgkaj; lookatnamenextime a;lsdkgja;sdgl

micdecishere, of course, your voice sounds great, and you mixed it well (but why on earth didn't you just c/p it to make it longer lol), but where on earth did you find that excellent back ground track? It sounds great!
*Mike not mic. My name is Mike :[

The CP would have messed up with the tempo of the song, and while it's mainly repitition, there are some different spacings between bars / musical outros for each measure, so yeah....would have messed me up haha.

I typed "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch Karaoke" on YT, downloaded the mp3, and recorded over it.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm bored, so I'm reserving/currently working on Oogie Boogies song. I'm not massively confident in my own voic, so it may end up getting binned. I want this song if I do it though. Love that fil

Anyone want to step forward as Santa for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)