Smogon Premier League VII - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazar

Banned deucer.
we aint afrabs we dont crumble, cry and quit after 2 defeats
ya youre mexicans, you say "jajajaja, mio madre taco corona mio salsa tequila escobar" and then again you dont even have your own wcop team,,,

stop judging a harmonic team only because of one person who says he doesnt take spl serious and shitposts like everyone in this topic

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Predictions
ORAS OU #1: ABR vs PDC
ORAS OU #2: TheEnder vs Laurel
BW OU: SoulWind vs Thatsjustpeachy

ORAS OU #1: Seeme vs cosine180
ORAS OU #2: Alexander. vs xray - Idk D:
BW OU: Sweepage vs Jirachee

ORAS OU #1: blunder vs Tesung
ORAS OU #2: daftmau5 vs Destiny Device
BW OU: Evuelf vs Leftiez

ORAS OU #1: reiku vs mencemeat
ORAS OU #2: Steve Angello vs ben gay - ben got this
BW OU: GOD MARTH vs Asuya

ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs CrashinBoomBang
ORAS OU #2: Reymedy vs TDK
BW OU: Finchinator vs LuckOverSkill

Last edited:

Valentine

Banned deucer.
Alpha Ruiners vs Wifi Wolfpack

ORAS OU: ABR vs PDC - i see pdc as the crowd favorite, but i think abr will be extra motivated to prove himself after bustering out in olt finals
ORAS OU: TheEnder vs Laurel - while laurel isn't as bad as his rep suggests, ender is a sturdy OUer that will be tough to crack
ORAS UU: Mazar vs Omfuga - mazar has had a much more impressive open run than his opponent, this first game will be an indicator of the rest of his season
ORAS RU: Kushalos vs aim - kushalos seems prone to nerves and i expect some sort of choke - if this was a cookoff, it would be another story
ORAS NU: Jarii vs Bouffalant - while it's always hard to bold bouff, he is undoubtedly the favorite here with a large experience edge
ORAS Doubles: checkmater75 vs Braverius - zach will show the young doubles main some of the ins and outs of the ins and the outs
ORAS LC: mad0ka vs Mambo - i believe mambo getting drafted shows a severe lack of scouting. mad0ka is extremely talented and will not lose this match.
BW OU: SoulWind vs Thatsjustpeachy - while soulwind is the favorite, i was seriously impressed by peachys tour performance and see her taking this game IF SHE PREPS
DPP OU: Bad Ass vs Stathakis - two players with solid fundamentals, bad ass 55/45.. if he gets a timely rapid spin midgame
ADV OU: dekzeh vs undisputed - dekzeh is one of my favorite advers this year (and all time), undi's general inactivity and lack of prep will hurt him
GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs Lavos Spawn - ifm had an incredible 4-1 record last year, and haxed a GSC legend in POWC to get us some nice ribbons! u go girl
RBY OU: Tiba vs Ortheore - ortheore's spl debut will be a lot like a taxi picking him up.. with tiba as the driver

Congregation of the Classiest vs Firebot Falcons

ORAS OU: blunder vs Tesung - the new vil should have no issues asserting his dominance, still love you blunder
ORAS OU: daftmau5 vs Destiny Device - daftmau5 is certainly the favorite. dd never really impressed me, and d5 is huge talent fresh from PS
ORAS UU: Calloflochie vs dice
ORAS RU: New Breed vs 49 - kevin will show col49 who the real rank 1 RUer is
ORAS NU: soulgazer vs Can-Eh-Dian - NU doesnt tend to have many upsets, kawaii 'sg' desu will show why he has one of the best SPL wl %ages of all time
ORAS Doubles: Arcticblast vs KyleCole - kylecole is amazing at counterstyling, which will be a big asset for him this tournament
ORAS LC: Heysup vs ZoroarkForever
BW OU: Evuelf vs Leftiez - evuelf was one of my favorites bwers while scouting, ojama support makes him that much more threatening
DPP OU: Ojama vs Tamahome - yes, ojama is one of the greats. yes, he just won classic which included dpp. dracomalfoy is simply better at this tier imo
ADV OU: panamaxis vs Triangles - triangles is one of the most motivated advers this year, i expect a win from him, then a rotation from classiest next week
GSC OU: giara vs Mr.E - the public's confusion with the giara trade comes from a lack of knowledge - this guys a fucking monster
RBY OU: Agammemnon vs reyscarface - agammemnon can potentially take this, especially since rey is historically awful in spl specifically

Stark Sharks vs Circus Maximus Tigers

ORAS OU: reiku vs mencemeat - reiku's impressive wcop performance puts him way higher than he was ranked imo. i expect this to be a good pick for the sharks
ORAS OU: Steve Angello vs ben gay - while craing isn't my favorite pick up for oras this year, he certainly has the edge over steve-o
ORAS UU: Hikari vs dodmen - apart from cryos scoots, this is by far the match i am most interested in this week. fantastic bout.
ORAS RU: Meru vs qsns - meru is average, qsns has shown a deep understanding of in game mechanics. while meru has the metagame knowledge, that doesn't particularly matter here
ORAS NU: Cased vs Blast - the second best NU match this week (behind Teddeh v RW)
ORAS Doubles: TheFourthChaser vs majorbowman - my gut told me
ORAS LC: blarajan vs OP - original poster is a bundle of sticks, and rajan has more tournament experience. (OP is actually as solid as they come though)
BW OU: GOD MARTH vs Asuya - marth looks x3 as good as i remember him, going to be one of the funner bwers to watch this season
DPP OU: gene vs Lady Bug - gene certainly has the talent to take this, but dpp is lady bugs historically best tier, and gene seems inactive
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs JabbaTheGriffin - gs is a friendly reminder that you paid 10k to peel a retain to put a 5k~ player in this tier
GSC OU: Conflict vs Earthworm - conflict was very humble in accepting the splcast+ranking flattery, i hope he isn't doubting himself - he's certainly the best GSCer
RBY OU: The_Chaser vs Golden Gyarados - g_g

Ever Grande BIGS vs Team Raiders

ORAS OU: boudouche vs CrashinBoomBang - this will be a defining game for the tier as a whole, and showcase cbb's current state
ORAS OU: Reymedy vs TDK - reymedy is looking to reverse his record from last year, and while this is a tough place to start, i believe
ORAS UU: bugzinator vs kokoloko - esp after flochie's solid win over dice, you can't count these old - UUTLs out
ORAS RU: galbia vs Esteemed User Ginku - galbia is known for choking, and ginku is known for one of the best SPL wl %ages of all time
ORAS NU: rozes vs Hack - hack has been putting in a RIDICULOUS amount of work into this tier, his solid play and new found tier knowledge will grant him an above average record this year
ORAS Doubles: Laga vs BLOOD TOTEM - blood totem is one of my favorite DOUs, right behind kamikaze if i'm honest
ORAS LC: ZoroDark vs Kingler12345 - kingler numbers never particularly impressed me, and funk dropped 7.5k on this zorodark guy, maybe he knows something i dont
BW OU: Finchinator vs LuckOverSkill - as much as i hate finch, and even though he's the only true cryo hater out there, he does play a rather solid BW.. esp with McM support!
DPP OU: Malekith vs Marshall.Law - finally, malekith gets to play dpp after years of being forced into other tiers.. i expect him to do phenomenally, he was a steal btw
ADV OU: McMeghan vs Veteran In Love - vil seems very motivated in adv this year, but yeah, good luck ramming horns with the mon goat
GSC OU: d0nut vs Picollo - d0nut, the new ium of the bigs, has just as hard of a debut as ortheore
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs Tobes - metalgross came out of the gate strong last year, while tobes is washed up this year

Last edited:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
ORAS Doubles: checkmater75 vs Braverius: The underdog and the bff. I know its unlikely, but I'm going for the dream
ORAS Doubles: kamikaze17 vs Biosci: The best player this SPL imo. Kamikaze is going to take souls for his own this year.
ORAS Doubles: Arcticblast vs KyleCole: Toughest call this round, Kyle is the better builder while Arctic is the better player. My gut is saying Arcticblast though simply due to more SPL experience, but it could really go either way.
ORAS RU: Meru vs qsns: Quiznos is the more handsome player he wins by default
ORAS Doubles: TheFourthChaser vs majorbowman: Not too familiar with these players, but TFC has a lot of experience so I'm going with him
ORAS Doubles: Laga vs BLOOD TOTEM: Another tough call, but Laga has the edge due to more experience and better building. TOTEM having an upset wouldn't surprise me though.

I'm so hyped watch these matches and good luck to everyone, especially my dubs pals :]

DPP OU: Bad Ass vs Stathakis
DPP OU: TV-Rocka vs Go10
DPP OU: gene vs Lady Bug
DPP OU: Malekith vs Marshall.Law
DPP OU: Ojama vs Tamahome

ADV OU: dekzeh vs undisputed
ADV OU: Fakes vs Floppy
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs JabbaTheGriffin
ADV OU: McMeghan vs Veteran In Love
ADV OU: panamaxis vs Triangles

GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs Lavos Spawn
GSC OU: Colchonero vs Isa
GSC OU: Conflict vs Earthworm
GSC OU: d0nut vs Picollo
GSC OU: giara vs Mr.E

RBY OU: Tiba vs Ortheore
RBY OU: Lutra vs Bedschibaer
RBY OU: The_Chaser vs Golden Gyarados
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs Tobes
RBY OU: Agammemnon vs reyscarface

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Valentine, sorry to bust your bubbles but Pokemon talents aren't real. Once a player knows the game and reaches a certain level, which is completely dependent how on well he knows Pokemon, it all comes down to who has the team advantage and who's more ballsy when it comes to making / not making obvious switches. Also luck. Don't forget it. Can't win without lots of luck. Whether that Scald burns or not can instantly determine the outcome of a game. Some people are smarter than others, so that is a factor too, but for the most part, it's team, balls, and luck.

Can I volunteer to be on the next Smogcast, maybe during midseason.

Valentine, sorry to bust your bubbles but Pokemon talents aren't real. Once a player knows the game and reaches a certain level, which is completely dependent how on well he knows Pokemon, it all comes down to who has the team advantage and who's more ballsy when it comes to making / not making obvious switches. Also luck. Don't forget it. Can't win without lots of luck. Whether that Scald burns or not can instantly determine the outcome of a game. Some people are smarter than others, so that is a factor too, but for the most part, it's team, balls, and luck.

Can I volunteer to be on the next Smogcast, maybe during midseason.
pretty much the only factual paragraph that's been written in 8+ pages

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Wifi Wolfpack (6)

ORAS OU #1: ABR vs PDC Pdc is a bitch and will nevr be koutl but hes like 15-3 in the last year at important oras and somehow hes #7.. my teammate sucks at this. Time to show whats up
ORAS OU #2: TheEnder vs Laurel
ORAS UU: Mazar vs Omfuga LOL i cant resist
ORAS RU: Kushalos vs aim
ORAS NU: Jarii vs Bouffalant
ORAS Doubles: checkmater75 vs Braverius
ORAS LC: mad0ka vs Mambo if he can translate his rby skill..
BW OU: SoulWind vs Thatsjustpeachy
DPP OU: Bad Ass vs Stathakis
ADV OU: dekzeh vs undisputed
GSC OU: idiotfrommars vs Lavos Spawn
RBY OU: Tiba vs Ortheore

Cryonicles. (9) vs Indie Scooters (3)

ORAS OU #1: Seeme vs cosine180
ORAS OU #2: Alexander. vs xray
ORAS UU: teal6 vs xMarth
ORAS RU: Scythe. vs Windsong
ORAS NU: Teddeh vs Realistic Waters
ORAS Doubles: kamikaze17 vs Biosci
ORAS LC: Star. vs fitzy72
BW OU: Sweepage vs Jirachee
DPP OU: TV-Rocka vs Go10
ADV OU: Fakes vs Floppy
GSC OU: Colchonero vs Isa
RBY OU: Lutra vs Bedschibaer

Stark Sharks (10) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (2)

ORAS OU #1: reiku vs mencemeat
ORAS OU #2: Steve Angello vs ben gay
ORAS UU: Hikari vs dodmen
ORAS RU: Meru vs qsns
ORAS NU: Cased vs Blast
ORAS Doubles: TheFourthChaser vs majorbowman
ORAS LC: blarajan vs OP
BW OU: GOD MARTH vs Asuya
DPP OU: gene vs Lady Bug
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs JabbaTheGriffin
GSC OU: Conflict vs Earthworm
RBY OU: The_Chaser vs Golden Gyarados

Ever Grande BIGS (5) vs Team Raiders (7)

ORAS OU #1: boudouche vs CrashinBoomBang
ORAS OU #2: Reymedy vs TDK
ORAS UU: bugzinator vs kokoloko
ORAS RU: galbia vs Esteemed User Ginku
ORAS NU: rozes vs Hack
ORAS Doubles: Laga vs BLOOD TOTEMORAS LC: ZoroDark vs Kingler12345
BW OU: Finchinator vs LuckOverSkill
DPP OU: Malekith vs Marshall.Law
ADV OU: McMeghan vs Veteran In Love
GSC OU: d0nut vs Picollo
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs Tobes

Playing blunder sunday cuz hes too scared to be first blodd
kacawwww dice is gay etc
Aren't you supposed to have another trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)