Smogon Premier League X - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the tenth iteration of SPL, SPL X. In this tournament, 10 teams containing the best players on Smogon (except for Mr.E) play against each other and duke it out every week, attempting to gather as many wins as they can to reach playoffs. Some of them will fail, while others will bloom. Whatever the case, the matches will be exciting, so without further ado, here are tournament rules and the matchups!

Reminders:

On Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in discord, or in opposing SPL team servers (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team server unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL
and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take discord or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On Disconnecting and timing out drama
See here.

Standard Tournament Rules

---

Congregation of the Classiest (7) vs Ever Grande BIGS (5)

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs Valentine
SM OU: Insult vs UltraBallz
SM UU: Shiba vs Sabella
SM RU: Nat vs KW
SM NU: Garay oak vs Kushalos
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Ezrael
ORAS OU: baddummy vs xray
BW OU: Finchinator vs FLCL
DPP OU: Void vs soulgazer
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Golden Sun
GSC OU: Earthworm vs Lunar.
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Nails

Circus Maximus Tigers (7) vs Stark Sharks (5)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Spectear
SM OU: Sacri' vs Tamahome
SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs Lycans
SM RU: Pohjis vs EviGaro
SM NU: Osh vs Tricking
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs fespy
ORAS OU: Bro Kappa vs Posho
BW OU: zf vs High Impulse
DPP OU: d0nut vs ToF
ADV OU: Hclat vs Kevin Garrett
GSC OU: dice vs Conflict
RBY OU: Kaz vs Sceptross

Cryonicles (6) vs Alpha Ruiners (6)

SM OU: obii vs Hiye
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Empo
SM UU: HT vs Pearl
SM RU: Ajna vs passion
SM NU: Leru vs lax
SM DOU: SMB vs Croven
ORAS OU: ABR vs imsosorrylol
BW OU: elodin vs Rewer
DPP OU: Malekith vs Jimmy Turtwig
ADV OU: Alexander. vs Hyogafodex
GSC OU: Arifeen vs Lavos
RBY OU: Veteran In Love vs FriendOfMrGolem120

Dragonspiral Tyrants (8) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (4)

SM OU: Mana vs Charmflash
SM OU: blunder vs Kickasser
SM UU: Christo vs bugzinator
SM RU: aim vs Welli0u
SM NU: ict vs Eternally
SM DOU: emforbes vs Human
ORAS OU: Poek vs TDK
BW OU: We Three Kings vs Sergi
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs DeepBlueC
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs UD
GSC OU: sulcata vs GSC LOWER TIER KING HSA
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs The Idiot Ninja

Team Raiders (3) vs Indie Scooters (9)

SM OU: Talah vs Lopunny Kicks
SM OU: bro fist vs Will of Fire
SM UU: Pak vs robjr
SM RU: Kingler12345 vs lighthouses
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Realistic Waters
SM DOU: Biosci vs miltankmilk
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Relous
BW OU: SoulWind vs Ojama
DPP OU: roscoe vs Aeroblacktyl
ADV OU: Jirachee vs FMG
GSC OU: The Hallows vs Century Express
RBY OU: Cynara vs MetalGro$$

Deadline will be February 10th, 9:00 PM EST.

Last edited:
Congregation of the Classiest (6) vs Ever Grande BIGS (6)

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs Cdumas
SM UU: Shiba vs Sabella
SM RU: Nat vs KW
SM NU: Garay oak vs Kushalos
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Ezrael
DPP OU: Void vs soulgazer
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Golden Sun
GSC OU: Earthworm vs choolio
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Nails

Circus Maximus Tigers (7) vs Stark Sharks (5)

SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs Lycans
SM RU: Pohjis vs EviGaro
SM NU: Osh vs Tricking
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs fespy
DPP OU: d0nut vs ToF
ADV OU: Hclat vs Kevin Garrett
GSC OU: dice vs Conflict
RBY OU: Kaz vs Sceptross

Cryonicles (5) vs Alpha Ruiners (7)

SM UU: HT vs Pearl
SM RU: Ajna vs passion
SM NU: Leru vs lax
SM DOU: SMB vs Croven
DPP OU: Malekith vs Jimmy Turtwig
ADV OU: Alexander. vs Hyogafodex
GSC OU: Arifeen vs Lavos
RBY OU: Veteran In Love vs FriendOfMrGolem120

Team Raiders (7) vs Indie Scooters (5)

SM UU: Pak vs robjr
SM RU: Kingler12345 vs lighthouses
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Realistic Waters
SM DOU: Biosci vs miltankmilk
ORAS OU: Trosko vs craing ;_;
DPP OU: roscoe vs giara
ADV OU: Jirachee vs dekzeh
GSC OU: Cased vs Century Express
RBY OU: Cynara vs MetalGro$$

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs Cdumas

ORAS OU: Trosko vs craing ;_;

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Solid win last week bros! Took out our gerk comrade z0mog with some crisp outplays. Let's keep it up this week and move one step closer to clinching playoffs! ALPHA RUINED

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs Cdumas | time is running out for Cdumas to return to form...he's been pretty bad this tournament and has greatly underachieved compared to the high bar he set for himself with his past performances. gonna give 1TL a small edge based on recent form
SM OU: Insult vs UltraBallz | this guy seems like a decent enough player and i rly have no idea who tf insult is
SM UU: Shiba vs Sabella | the bigs switch up is real. former monotype main and ou player sabella finds himself trying to save the bigs season in UU after disappointing performances by sage. i have no real reason to believe the uu mainer opposing him is better, so gonna give sabella a small edge.
SM RU: Nat vs KW | kw proved the haters wrong last week with a very solid performance vs joey, albeit on the back of a solid matchup. gonna give nat the edge though based on preseason expectations, as i still consider her to be a better player
SM NU: Garay oak vs Kushalos | garay played kind of bad vs lax early on and luck didnt go his way either. the chef has the techs and is the superior player
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Ezrael | Jon returns to doubles after a 2-week hiatus. edu has been shakier than expected but his reputation still stands out. small edge here
ORAS OU: baddummy vs xray | bro LMAO baddummy looking like dick-incarnate in this tour my god hes had some bad games. in the game chat, he appeared to blame his most recent defeat on luck as well, which doesn't really bode well for his ability to learn from mistakes. xray has been up and down and probably should be 2-2 if he wasnt gifted a timeout win in week 1. however, i still think he's the better player and the cpg member has done nothing to make me think he should be starting in this tour
BW OU: Finchinator vs FLCL | this game could go either way rly. flcls definitely had his fair share of luck and finchinator has been less than impressive.... his only win is against rewer in 2019 bro LOL come on. i think flcl might be a little bit better so v small edge here
DPP OU: Void vs soulgazer | voids and sg hav both struggled a bit compared to their usual selves. i think void is a slightly better player in the thinking gen, so gonna favor him here.
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Golden Sun | linear shockingly lost last week to a goon while GS got uterus jackhammer'd. GS has proven that he was probably a steal this tour, but linear's the #1 player in the pool for a reason
GSC OU: Earthworm vs choolio | both of these players have also fallen well short of expectations. earthworm has struggeld a great deal and choolio is still searhing for his first win. i would have favored EW preseason, so he gets the edge here
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Nails | i think nails has displayed a bit more skill this tour

Circus Maximus Tigers (4) vs Stark Sharks (8)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Spectear | gama is proving himself to be the team tour goat dude LOL this man seems to always pull thru. big edge here
SM OU: Sacri' vs Tamahome | tama made some questionable plays to lose last week. i still trust him as a player though.
SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs Lycans | yeah...harris doesnt seem cut out for spl uu dude LOL this man has looked like complete dogshit my god. big edge for lycans, who somehow always ends up on the worst spl teams LMAO HOW CAN U PLAY 3 AND A HALF SPLS AND UR TEAM ONLY WINS TWICE COMBINED LMAO jesus man i won that much in my 1st 2 weeks of spl 3
SM RU: Pohjis vs EviGaro | evigaro suffered her first setback this week, with what appeared to be questionable team choice. pohjis bounced back last week, albeit it was against diogo....yeah. still goin w RIBBON SYNDROME makin him overrated, and gonna go w evigaro in a close one
SM NU: Osh vs Tricking | Clicking has moved to NU after teddeh is surprisingly 0-4? damn. wild. i still dont rly believe in osh so. big edge
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs fespy | fespy went from the laughingstock of spl to 2-2 in 2 weeks. ive seen more from bowman tho so
ORAS OU: Bro Kappa vs Posho | if theres ever a time for posho to get on the board bros...bro kappa been struggling a bit and idk how good his form is right now. poshos been bad in team tours for a while tho. hoping the change in scenery will do him some good. small edge
BW OU: zf vs High Impulse | zf got a solid win against the kingpin last week so he has to be respected. amir idk bro LMAO he must hav forgotten exca didnt take 6 from sr or somethin since he forfeited a game he had a 25% chance to win lol....
DPP OU: d0nut vs ToF | alrite LMAO tennisace what the fuck bro this is absurd. u cant just take a 4-0 gscer out of his tier to put him in the fucking variance madhouse. this is retarded. ToF is still crust and i'm not really impressed but d0nut lost to folgorio in dpp last world cup so.
ADV OU: Hclat vs Kevin Garrett | ☆Hclat: i would like to announce my retirement from diamond pearl and platinum
anyone who says this cant possibly be good
GSC OU: dice vs Conflict | the conflict bandwagon charges full steam ahead as he flexed on hsa with some bullshit pokemon LMAO triple sandstorm omastar with no elec bros. dice is solid but this is conflicts HOME. yeah i don't really agree with the tigers roster decisions dude what is this
RBY OU: Kaz vs Sceptross | i think hes been better so far.

SM OU: obii vs Hiye | obi goes to sm after a disappointing 1-3 start...altho he was obv an overpay to begin w. hiye too fiye somehow won last week altho i think his opponent swallowed some dicks. still a better player for sure so solid edge.
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Empo | empo suffered his first setback last week but he's been relatively impressive. btb's indian internet let him down last week unfortunately :[ i think empos slightly better rn
SM UU: HT vs Pearl | bro LMAO jesus christ HT SHOULD NOT BE AN SPL STARTER RN DUDE my god. hes been rly bad. pearl will be favored vs pretty much everyone in this tier anyway so that only adds insult to injury. big edge
SM RU: Ajna vs passion | unfortunately, my team threw me to the wolves against Ajna while redemption got to play the worse ruers LOL i'll try to outplay him tho.
SM NU: Leru vs lax | my god LMAO dude leru has probably been THE WORST player in spl so far playing-wise. this mans played like dogshit every single game and if the cryos had some actual goons on the bench theres no way he'd b starting. lax is fire in nu so big edge.
SM DOU: SMB vs Croven | both players have been solid but smb's been more impressive to me
ORAS OU: ABR vs imsosorrylol | sorry got a big win last week but his opponent literally ingested dicks so...and hes playing fucking abr
BW OU: elodin vs Rewer | dude...stop starting rewer in 2019 LMAO what the fuck this isnt spl 3 #crustrule easy as shit
DPP OU: Malekith vs Jimmy Turtwig | malekith played well last week but jimmy's been pretty solid. i like his odds in this one
ADV OU: Alexander. vs Hyogafodex | i still dont rly kno who tf this guy is...prinz is heat af. big edge
GSC OU: Arifeen vs Lavos | the rutl picked up a win last week vs. the reeling casedvictory. unfortunately, his opp this week has been fucking fire as shit my god lavos is heat
RBY OU: Veteran In Love vs FriendOfMrGolem120 | yeah...itll take more than an rby win against Sarah to convince me that vil isnt one of the most washed up players on the site LOL this mans fucking terrible my god hes ass

SM OU: Mana vs Charmflash | charmflash has been impressive dude not gonna lie. i hope he doesn't cool off this week LOL never thought id pick him to win a week but here we are. mana's solid but gonna go w the hot hand
SM OU: blunder vs Kickasser | kick been on a tear but blunder's still the better player and will be favored vs. almost everyone besides john and abr
SM UU: Christo vs bugzinator | bugzinator has had the fucking luck of the gods LMAO my god. i think christo's a better player and i like what ive seen.
SM RU: aim vs Welli0u | joey got dicked last week but i still think hes a better player than welliou. solid edge. has to use better teams tho LOL
SM NU: ict vs Eternally | leon been on a tear. eternallys solid but if leons back to his peak he's better.
SM DOU: emforbes vs Human | i think emis slightly better
ORAS OU: Poek vs TDK | this should be a good game. poek finally got in the win column last week after not killing a mon in the 1st 3. tdk shines vs. good players though, and i like his odds here
BW OU: We Three Kings vs Sergi | moxie's had some luck on his side but he's still a solid player. still not convinced sergis that good.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs DeepBlueC | i think he's been better this tour from what ive seen, and im still kind of skeptical of gary
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs UD | marcop's been way more fire than i thought bro LOL dude flexed w an ursaring last week. gonna favor the preseason favorite here though.
GSC OU: sulcata vs GSC LOWER TIER KING HSA | LOL bro fear u better come back quickly my god LMAO hsa is fucking dicks. idk if this mans even played an spl game b4 last week since he choked spl 5 finals. this man got disrespected last week and sulcatas been better lately. big edge
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs The Idiot Ninja | i still think troller's better if he gets luck back on his side

SM OU: Talah vs Lopunny Kicks | talah tried his hardest to throw last week, switching a ferro INTO a magnezone LOL jesus. lop kicks is better id say
SM OU: bro fist vs Will of Fire | wof won the blunder tour but john's still john dude LOL favored vs everyone.
SM UU: Pak vs robjr | both of these guys seem to always find a way to win lately. i think pak's better
SM RU: Kingler12345 vs lighthouses | idk man LOL the loaf got WASHED last week jesus still though, i dont really have any faith in diogo rn so.
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Realistic Waters | meeps got a pretty bad mu last week but he usually wins consistently enough when he's on his game.
SM DOU: Biosci vs miltankmilk | i think bio's a slightly better player
ORAS OU: Trosko vs craing ;_; | GODSKO has been a STEAL this tour jesus. he's demolishing everyone. after beating abr, u'd def have to like his chances vs. ben gay
BW OU: SoulWind vs Ojama | NOW THIS IS A HIGHLIGHT GAME OML either of these players could easily win. i think the kingpin's the best bw player though, so EXTREMELY miniscule edge here
DPP OU: roscoe vs giara | i cant believe giara is 2-2 LMAO my god HOW DUDE HOW HOW HOW w/e dude. roscoe's way better
ADV OU: Jirachee vs dekzeh | dekzeh got p unlucky to lose vs dice last week but he seems to be returning to form. better player than phil id say
GSC OU: Cased vs Century Express | case has definitely not had an ideal start to spl...after losing to arifeen last week, he's seemingly hit rock bottom. hard to favor him right now, even tho i think ce's slightly overrated
RBY OU: Cynara vs MetalGro$$ | bro LOL if metalgross brings wrap 2 games in a row he'll easily win. sarah had no idea what to do vs cloyster and pmuch sacked tauros and 2 other mons b4 lucking it. easy win

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
Solid win last week bros! Took out our gerk comrade z0mog with some crisp outplays. Let's keep it up this week and move one step closer to clinching playoffs! ALPHA RUINED

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs Cdumas | time is running out for Cdumas to return to form...he's been pretty bad this tournament and has greatly underachieved compared to the high bar he set for himself with his past performances. gonna give 1TL a small edge based on recent form
SM OU: Insult vs UltraBallz | this guy seems like a decent enough player and i rly have no idea who tf insult is
SM UU: Shiba vs Sabella | the bigs switch up is real. former monotype main and ou player sabella finds himself trying to save the bigs season in UU after disappointing performances by sage. i have no real reason to believe the uu mainer opposing him is better, so gonna give sabella a small edge.
SM RU: Nat vs KW | kw proved the haters wrong last week with a very solid performance vs joey, albeit on the back of a solid matchup. gonna give nat the edge though based on preseason expectations, as i still consider her to be a better player
SM NU: Garay oak vs Kushalos | garay played kind of bad vs lax early on and luck didnt go his way either. the chef has the techs and is the superior player
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Ezrael | Jon returns to doubles after a 2-week hiatus. edu has been shakier than expected but his reputation still stands out. small edge here
ORAS OU: baddummy vs xray | bro LMAO baddummy looking like dick-incarnate in this tour my god hes had some bad games. in the game chat, he appeared to blame his most recent defeat on luck as well, which doesn't really bode well for his ability to learn from mistakes. xray has been up and down and probably should be 2-2 if he wasnt gifted a timeout win in week 1. however, i still think he's the better player and the cpg member has done nothing to make me think he should be starting in this tour
BW OU: Finchinator vs FLCL | this game could go either way rly. flcls definitely had his fair share of luck and finchinator has been less than impressive.... his only win is against rewer in 2019 bro LOL come on. i think flcl might be a little bit better so v small edge here
DPP OU: Void vs soulgazer | voids and sg hav both struggled a bit compared to their usual selves. i think void is a slightly better player in the thinking gen, so gonna favor him here.
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Golden Sun | linear shockingly lost last week to a goon while GS got uterus jackhammer'd. GS has proven that he was probably a steal this tour, but linear's the #1 player in the pool for a reason
GSC OU: Earthworm vs choolio | both of these players have also fallen well short of expectations. earthworm has struggeld a great deal and choolio is still searhing for his first win. i would have favored EW preseason, so he gets the edge here
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Nails | i think nails has displayed a bit more skill this tour

Circus Maximus Tigers (4) vs Stark Sharks (8)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Spectear | gama is proving himself to be the team tour goat dude LOL this man seems to always pull thru. big edge here
SM OU: Sacri' vs Tamahome | tama made some questionable plays to lose last week. i still trust him as a player though.
SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs Lycans | yeah...harris doesnt seem cut out for spl uu dude LOL this man has looked like complete dogshit my god. big edge for lycans, who somehow always ends up on the worst spl teams LMAO HOW CAN U PLAY 3 AND A HALF SPLS AND UR TEAM ONLY WINS TWICE COMBINED LMAO jesus man i won that much in my 1st 2 weeks of spl 3
SM RU: Pohjis vs EviGaro | evigaro suffered her first setback this week, with what appeared to be questionable team choice. pohjis bounced back last week, albeit it was against diogo....yeah. still goin w RIBBON SYNDROME makin him overrated, and gonna go w evigaro in a close one
SM NU: Osh vs Tricking | Clicking has moved to NU after teddeh is surprisingly 0-4? damn. wild. i still dont rly believe in osh so. big edge
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs fespy | fespy went from the laughingstock of spl to 2-2 in 2 weeks. ive seen more from bowman tho so
ORAS OU: Bro Kappa vs Posho | if theres ever a time for posho to get on the board bros...bro kappa been struggling a bit and idk how good his form is right now. poshos been bad in team tours for a while tho. hoping the change in scenery will do him some good. small edge
BW OU: zf vs High Impulse | zf got a solid win against the kingpin last week so he has to be respected. amir idk bro LMAO he must hav forgotten exca didnt take 6 from sr or somethin since he forfeited a game he had a 25% chance to win lol....
DPP OU: d0nut vs ToF | alrite LMAO tennisace what the fuck bro this is absurd. u cant just take a 4-0 gscer out of his tier to put him in the fucking variance madhouse. this is retarded. ToF is still crust and i'm not really impressed but d0nut lost to folgorio in dpp last world cup so.
ADV OU: Hclat vs Kevin Garrett | ☆Hclat: i would like to announce my retirement from diamond pearl and platinum
anyone who says this cant possibly be good
GSC OU: dice vs Conflict | the conflict bandwagon charges full steam ahead as he flexed on hsa with some bullshit pokemon LMAO triple sandstorm omastar with no elec bros. dice is solid but this is conflicts HOME. yeah i don't really agree with the tigers roster decisions dude what is this
RBY OU: Kaz vs Sceptross | i think hes been better so far.

SM OU: obii vs Hiye | obi goes to sm after a disappointing 1-3 start...altho he was obv an overpay to begin w. hiye too fiye somehow won last week altho i think his opponent swallowed some dicks. still a better player for sure so solid edge.
SM OU: BHARATH_THEBEST vs Empo | empo suffered his first setback last week but he's been relatively impressive. btb's indian internet let him down last week unfortunately :[ i think empos slightly better rn
SM UU: HT vs Pearl | bro LMAO jesus christ HT SHOULD NOT BE AN SPL STARTER RN DUDE my god. hes been rly bad. pearl will be favored vs pretty much everyone in this tier anyway so that only adds insult to injury. big edge
SM RU: Ajna vs passion | unfortunately, my team threw me to the wolves against Ajna while redemption got to play the worse ruers LOL i'll try to outplay him tho.
SM NU: Leru vs lax | my god LMAO dude leru has probably been THE WORST player in spl so far playing-wise. this mans played like dogshit every single game and if the cryos had some actual goons on the bench theres no way he'd b starting. lax is fire in nu so big edge.
SM DOU: SMB vs Croven | both players have been solid but smb's been more impressive to me
ORAS OU: ABR vs imsosorrylol | sorry got a big win last week but his opponent literally ingested dicks so...and hes playing fucking abr
BW OU: elodin vs Rewer | dude...stop starting rewer in 2019 LMAO what the fuck this isnt spl 3 #crustrule easy as shit
DPP OU: Malekith vs Jimmy Turtwig | malekith played well last week but jimmy's been pretty solid. i like his odds in this one
ADV OU: Alexander. vs Hyogafodex | i still dont rly kno who tf this guy is...prinz is heat af. big edge
GSC OU: Arifeen vs Lavos | the rutl picked up a win last week vs. the reeling casedvictory. unfortunately, his opp this week has been fucking fire as shit my god lavos is heat
RBY OU: Veteran In Love vs FriendOfMrGolem120 | yeah...itll take more than an rby win against Sarah to convince me that vil isnt one of the most washed up players on the site LOL this mans fucking terrible my god hes ass

SM OU: Mana vs Charmflash | charmflash has been impressive dude not gonna lie. i hope he doesn't cool off this week LOL never thought id pick him to win a week but here we are. mana's solid but gonna go w the hot hand
SM OU: blunder vs Kickasser | kick been on a tear but blunder's still the better player and will be favored vs. almost everyone besides john and abr
SM UU: Christo vs bugzinator | bugzinator has had the fucking luck of the gods LMAO my god. i think christo's a better player and i like what ive seen.
SM RU: aim vs Welli0u | joey got dicked last week but i still think hes a better player than welliou. solid edge. has to use better teams tho LOL
SM NU: ict vs Eternally | leon been on a tear. eternallys solid but if leons back to his peak he's better.
SM DOU: emforbes vs Human | i think emis slightly better
ORAS OU: Poek vs TDK | this should be a good game. poek finally got in the win column last week after not killing a mon in the 1st 3. tdk shines vs. good players though, and i like his odds here
BW OU: We Three Kings vs Sergi | moxie's had some luck on his side but he's still a solid player. still not convinced sergis that good.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs DeepBlueC | i think he's been better this tour from what ive seen, and im still kind of skeptical of gary
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs UD | marcop's been way more fire than i thought bro LOL dude flexed w an ursaring last week. gonna favor the preseason favorite here though.
GSC OU: sulcata vs GSC LOWER TIER KING HSA | LOL bro fear u better come back quickly my god LMAO hsa is fucking dicks. idk if this mans even played an spl game b4 last week since he choked spl 5 finals. this man got disrespected last week and sulcatas been better lately. big edge
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs The Idiot Ninja | i still think troller's better if he gets luck back on his side

SM OU: Talah vs Lopunny Kicks | talah tried his hardest to throw last week, switching a ferro INTO a magnezone LOL jesus. lop kicks is better id say
SM OU: bro fist vs Will of Fire | wof won the blunder tour but john's still john dude LOL favored vs everyone.
SM UU: Pak vs robjr | both of these guys seem to always find a way to win lately. i think pak's better
SM RU: Kingler12345 vs lighthouses | idk man LOL the loaf got WASHED last week jesus still though, i dont really have any faith in diogo rn so.
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Realistic Waters | meeps got a pretty bad mu last week but he usually wins consistently enough when he's on his game.
SM DOU: Biosci vs miltankmilk | i think bio's a slightly better player
ORAS OU: Trosko vs craing ;_; | GODSKO has been a STEAL this tour jesus. he's demolishing everyone. after beating abr, u'd def have to like his chances vs. ben gay
BW OU: SoulWind vs Ojama | NOW THIS IS A HIGHLIGHT GAME OML either of these players could easily win. i think the kingpin's the best bw player though, so EXTREMELY miniscule edge here
DPP OU: roscoe vs giara | i cant believe giara is 2-2 LMAO my god HOW DUDE HOW HOW HOW w/e dude. roscoe's way better
ADV OU: Jirachee vs dekzeh | dekzeh got p unlucky to lose vs dice last week but he seems to be returning to form. better player than phil id say
GSC OU: Cased vs Century Express | case has definitely not had an ideal start to spl...after losing to arifeen last week, he's seemingly hit rock bottom. hard to favor him right now, even tho i think ce's slightly overrated
RBY OU: Cynara vs MetalGro$$ | bro LOL if metalgross brings wrap 2 games in a row he'll easily win. sarah had no idea what to do vs cloyster and pmuch sacked tauros and 2 other mons b4 lucking it. easy win
You’re hilarious bro lol idk anything about tiers aside from sm OU and Oras and still read em

Lavos

Banned deucer.
@everyone don't do predictions unless you have literally infinite knowledge on every matchup available. anyway, onto my predictions

SM OU: 1 True Lycan vs Cdumas | the flopping frenchman looks nothing like his former self rn, whereas lycan's had a stellar run
SM OU: Insult vs UltraBallz | tossup
SM UU: Shiba vs Sabella | sab just strikes me as the better player and will get the support he needs even though shiba is a uu workhorse
SM NU: Garay oak vs Kushalos | garay isn't half bad but kush is at the top of the game
SM DOU: EmbCPT vs Ezrael | complains when he loses, mark of a skilled player
ORAS OU: baddummy vs xray | really hard to predict rick at this juncture but i hope he proves the haters wrong this week
BW OU: Finchinator vs FLCL | hey you finally put finch in the tier he's good at, it might just pay off. close one, fooly is great too
DPP OU: Void vs soulgazer | i hate everything about this
ADV OU: thelinearcurve vs Golden Sun | still the best in the pool by a country mile
GSC OU: Earthworm vs choolio | lovable racist finally gets his big shot against the king of the old guard, very excited for this one
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs Nails | tossup but beds is luckier

Circus Maximus Tigers (5) vs Stark Sharks (7)

SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Spectear | uhhhhhh mdragon what's going on my man
SM OU: Sacri' vs Tamahome | sacri's on fire and tama has looked super underwhelming in sm
SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs Lycans | uu is stacked and lycans is a big part of why, harris can't measure up to the vets
SM RU: Pohjis vs EviGaro | finland sounds lovely, hope to visit someday
SM NU: Osh vs Tricking | again really not digging the roster swaps but at least tricking is a solid player anywhere you put him
SM DOU: MajorBowman vs fespy | new guy looking solid, bowman caked in crust
ORAS OU: Bro Kappa vs Posho | had high hopes for bk but he's been nothing special as of yet, posho's back on stour-winning form
BW OU: zf vs High Impulse | interesting
DPP OU: d0nut vs ToF | this is a pussy move from tigers management letting d0nut run from his first truly fearsome opponent in gsc
ADV OU: Hclat vs Kevin Garrett | at least hclat gets to play a tier he knows this time, but kg is still better
GSC OU: dice vs Conflict | dadflict is in fantastic form, dice is no slouch but talk about trial by fire. reminder that d0nut ran from this
RBY OU: Kaz vs Sceptross | it's rby and kaz is lucky

Dragonspiral Tyrants (7) vs Wi-fi Wolfpack (5)

SM OU: Mana vs Charmflash | yeah the charming flasher is somehow good again, pinch me
SM OU: blunder vs Kickasser | watch this @bsp
SM UU: Christo vs bugzinator | his luck has to run out someday
SM RU: aim vs Welli0u | the well has not been looking fresh in lower tiers, aim is always solid if not amazing
SM NU: ict vs Eternally | komm fucking call
SM DOU: emforbes vs Human | this game should be a steal TriHard
ORAS OU: Poek vs TDK | incredible matchup between 2 of smogon's most washed, predicting the guy who can win without skype open
BW OU: We Three Kings vs Sergi | a case similar to that of charmflash, where apparently lasse is good now (again? was he before?)
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs DeepBlueC | flipped a coin if we're being honest
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs UD | kinda lame stuff so far from the beer lover but he's the more consistent of the two, should be a great game
GSC OU: sulcata vs GSC LOWER TIER KING HSA | if sulcata loses this donation i'll probably lose to arifeen too
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs The Idiot Ninja | rby. they're both very good but troller brings better stuff and plays the long game quite well

Team Raiders (4) vs Indie Scooters (8)

SM OU: Talah vs Lopunny Kicks | expecting a clickfest
SM OU: bro fist vs Will of Fire | john was insanely good in wcop and has been really underwhelming since then. wof is peak metagaming
SM UU: Pak vs robjr | pak just has the mysterious power of his opponents all choking on dicks
SM RU: Kingler12345 vs lighthouses | not this
SM NU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Realistic Waters | meeps is always a favorite to me
SM DOU: Biosci vs miltankmilk | absolutely no clue
ORAS OU: Trosko vs craing ;_; | he can't keep getting away with it, right?
BW OU: SoulWind vs Ojama | highlight of the entire tournament right here. historically ojama has had soulwind's number though
DPP OU: roscoe vs giara | roscoe exhibits the same highly exploitable tendencies game after game and finally people are starting to catch on
ADV OU: Jirachee vs dekzeh | can't keep bringing this 2012 shit
GSC OU: Cased vs Century Express | still waiting on that victory
RBY OU: Cynara vs MetalGro$$ | the only time you will ever see me bold this username
edit: i guess i deleted a pairing by accident?
nat vs kw

Last edited:
Going to give my thoughts on the games I'm most looking forward to:

ORAS OU: ABR vs imsosorrylol -I'm looking forward to this more than any other battle. Sorry started his first SPL off rough, but has bounced back this past couple of weeks. ABR is incredibly consistent and definitely the favorite, but Sorry has a great gut and is unpredictable so I'm taking him in this one.

SM OU: Insult vs UltraBallz -Both are great guys and they're really similar in skill level. I think Insult has been playing more OU lately, while UB has been focusing on lower tiers recently. That does often play a role so I'm giving Insult a slight edge in this.

SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs Lycans -This one should be really interesting because of how incredibly different their tournaments have been. Harris has struggled, but it's his first SPL so I think people should really get off his back. I really respect the fact that the Tigers are sticking with their UU player and backing him. Lycans has been really solid in the games I have watched, but this is the part of the season where we start to see the newer players find their feet so I'm taking Harris in an upset.

SM OU: blunder vs Kickasser -Both guys are super brazzy and have had a great tournament, but I'm giving blunder the edge in this one. Blunder was kind enough to show some mercy to the ORAS pool and moved into SM to extend his dominance. I don't see how anyone can pick against a guy with that kind of confidence tbh.

More predictions:
1 True Lycan 45 : 55 Cdumas

Neither player looks to be on top of their game (especially Cdumas), but I'm still hoping for the Cdumas comeback, as he is in my opinion the better player slightly.

Insult 55 : 45 UltraBallz
Looks like a super close matchup since both players seem to be on a pretty similar skill level. Going with Insult here but it really could go either way.

—————

Eternal Spirit 75 : 25 Spectear
Gama is the goat, big edge on this matchup. That being said Spectear is a good player too, so I'm giving him some space for an upset.

Sacri' 65 : 35 Tamahome
Sacri''s been doing exceptionally and consistently well in USM OU and Tamahome not quite as much. While I'd love to see Tama win, I gotta give the edge to the frenchman.

—————

obii 35 : 65 Hiye

Hiye played pretty well last week, and while obii is a strong contender, I think Hiye has the clear edge here.

BHARATH_THEBEST 40 : 60 Empo

Empo's been performing excellently throughout this tour, and while BTB did get a massive win last week, I still think Empo is marginally better.

—————

Mana 40 : 60 Charmflash

Charmflash's been performing outstandingly with his unorthodox teams and I assume this time it will be no different.

blunder 45 : 55 Kickasser

Highlight match of the week for sure. Blunder is the goat, but Kickasser is currently 4-0 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

—————

Talah 55 : 45 Lopunny Kicks
Both players have a similar skill level so I think this is a close match and could go either way, really. Slight edge for Talah because he's greek.

bro fist 60 : 40 Will of Fire
while this SPL didn't start too well for bro fist, I still think he's the better player by a decent margin, so giving him the edge here. WoF is a great player though, so I'd love to see what he brings to the table.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)