Smogon WSC Week 8

Whose sprite should win Week 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
HERE'S REGI(gigas)!

Whoot, first devamp, and fully scratched! Credits to (R/B)Magneton for (un)willngly... um... Donating (yeah... that's the word...) his colors.

The main problem I have with most of the entries here is the lack of both dappling and dots. I think mine made up for this, though, and looks great while doing this!

XandZ, get rid of the pillow shading on the legs and you should be good. And yellow sprites don't actually use that much dithering so I don't know why you say there's not enough.

XandZ, get rid of the pillow shading on the legs and you should be good. And yellow sprites don't actually use that much dithering so I don't know why you say there's not enough.
That's the problem though: there is an absense of it in here. They had at least some dithering in them. And that still doesn't fix the lack of Dots. :)

Also, fixed pilow shading, but kept in a tiny bit of dithering on the moss areas to show the more upraised sections of the moss.

Sorry for the delay for Week 9 - I'm going to host the Smogon WSC on Sunday so that people have most of the weekend to work on their entries.

We'd love to hear suggestions for a Week 9 theme! I have one in mind but it'd be great to hear what you guys want!

Sorry for the delay for Week 9 - I'm going to host the Smogon WSC on Sunday so that people have most of the weekend to work on their entries.

We'd love to hear suggestions for a Week 9 theme! I have one in mind but it'd be great to hear what you guys want!
Not Fully Evolved

Fuse two or more pokemon in the first part of an evolution line with three Pokemon.

Badassery
Basically, make lame pokemon look cooler. This could be recoloring, taking parts from other pokemon, whatever. As long as it still looks like the original somehow.

It may seem hard, but usually a pokemon who looks lame is pretty obvious (i.e. caterpie, and it's pretty obvious if something looks cooler)

Maybe for the next WSC, you could have a scratching competition, with a specific subtheme. I'm thinking alternate evos.

CAP 9 sprite practice: the organisers choose a fakemon design from somewhere in the Internet, then get the competitors to create the usual set of sprites for it (Front Male, Front Female, Back Male, Back Female).

I'll side with the CAP 9 practice spriting idea. I haven't done a backsprite EVER. I wouldn't mind some extra practice.

If anything, I think it should be a "Make a New Backsprite for Random Pokemon" contest.

I'm liking loedoc's idea a lot right now. I think we shouldn't do scratching until later on because it really restricts a lot of entrants who are unable to scratch (like myself).

what about having 10 different splices with the same poke as the base one for the next theme? (when i say 10 you can have as many as you want)

I second BynineB's idea. That would awesome, and i would probably win, because thats what i do best.

Or maybe fusing a uber pokemon like Arceus with something basic like a mudkip? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)