Snowsports thread

Cooky

Banned deucer.
(but really its all about skiing)

Discuss your favourite ways of tearing up mountains! Also yknow theres a whole sort of unique culture (in the alps anyway) which I guess some people might be into, because apparently only 50% of those who stay in skiing resorts in season actually go skiing, so feel free to unload about that as well.

So i've been skiing for as long as I can remember with my family. My uncles got a tiny chalet in Mottaret (above Meribel in the three valleys) so we go there about once a year for a week usually. Also go to La Grave quite often given how amazing the offpiest is there, and stayed in val d'isere and saas fee before. still never actually got my gold star from the fucking ski school when i was a kid. We usually go in easter for the convenience and also (i suspect) because my dad wants that skiing tan, so the snows never that great but we endeavour to do crazy shit nonetheless.

mostly these days i ski offpiest, which is what i love. Im talking ski randoneeing usually, if we go for a week we'll probably spend most of that time walking up a mountain, which might sound terrible to you piste lovers but the act of striding up a mountain in bright sun wearing a t shirt is actually really enjoyable. therepeutic. The way I ski is kinda dependant on the terrain, but way less than most people, like im pretty cautious in deep offpiest if its slushy or steep but the majority of the time i go much too fast for everyone elses safety, because thats the best way to have fun. especially in those off-the-side-of-the-piest-mogles ive got the weird knee techniue thing down so i can rape them. On piest i tend to sort of switch off and go into autopilot mode so i dont have much to say about that. Also ive recently started trying to learn tricks entirely because impressing people is half the game in skiing. so far ive managed to do:180 (successful), 360 (successful), grinds (5 year olds can do these), backflip (so so unsuccessful)

so this is a spectacular wipeout i did on like a quarter pipe kinda thing, you cant actually see where i landed off the jump but i hit the snow so hard i left an acutual dent

didnt fuck this one up woo

im the guy on the left, take the state of my arms as a warning against skiing in tshirts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)