SPL XV Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Look, I am a self aware user. I understand that SPL has been a thorn in my side for some time. But as someone who preaches the Warrior Spirit, it's up to me to take action and understand my short comings. It's up to me to rewrite history. I thought that this was an issue I must solve on my own. I felt defeated and needed to figure out what I wanted to do next on this site. So I sat out of SPL 14, internally defeated and unsure of my future.

The Beginning
View attachment 580331

I missed SPL. I missed competing. But I enjoyed the new direction of the BIGS and I enjoyed watching the weekly matches. But I hated I wasn't involved. As I contemplated if I wanted to quit or keep pressing on, I received a message....

The Unlikely Ally
View attachment 580327

Although Leru is not anyone's first choice, his persistence and annoyance paid off. He challenged me to become a better manager. So we trained. Tournament after tournament, I was determined to increase my knowledge and improve myself as manager.

Winning tournaments are hard. Official or unofficial. But my warrior spirit never died. Larry and I understood how important each tournament we managed was, laser focused on improving ourselves.

Eye of the Tiger

SSPL: Finals
SMPL: Finals
ORASPL: 6th* (Drafted MANNAT)
BWPL: 4th
DPPL: Semifinals
ADVPL: Finals
GSCPL: n/a
RBYPL: n/a
ROAPL: Finals
WCoP 2023: Finals (Larry)
SCL III: Finals (ongoing)

With the intention of scouting talent and bettering ourselves, we trained. Tournament after tournament, replay audit after replay audit. Hours of turn by turn analysis. We put in the work.

View attachment 580336
The Next Chapter
Look, we haven't been perfect. We've taken risks on drafting users, and some have worked out tremendously. Some not so much (tier). But we've had the opportunity to truly understand who can help elevate us to the next level.

That's why Leru and I will be requesting with the Cabals unsolicited blessing, the Indie Scooters (Dave scoot scooted in SPLVI, Larry scoot scooted in SPLXIII) for SPL XV.

View attachment 580339
Confirming.

Take two
Smogon Premier League XV Manager Application

Hello fellow trainers and SPL enthusiasts! I'm mad dawg, and I'm hoping to be chosen as a manager along with my co-manager ZacPZ. I've recently split up with my wife and had custody of my daughter taken away from me. This upcoming SPL XV season is my last chance to do good in life.

Managing experience:
I've been a part of the Pokemon competitive scene since 2020, well I say a part of the community but I'm more like that creepy stalker peering in from outside the window on Christmas Day, full of regret and just wishing he will get to hear his daughter say daddy one more time (unfortunately though by court order I'm not allowed within 100 meters of her). My manager experience includes coming dead last in BWPL last year, not even being able to win the numerous shitty discord tours I've joined and the local McDonalds until I got caught stealing $5 from the till so I could get the bus home.

Team Management Philosophy:
Leveraging my experience of being an awful father and winning nothing I have lots of mistakes that I've learnt from. I'm hoping Zac and I can foster an environment where our players feel comfortable enough to hang out and knock out a few brewskis with us. Considering this is a BO1 tour, my plan is for our players to fish every game. I'm hoping this will sustain my crippling gambling addiction I no longer can afford.

Team Preference:
I think the tigers would suit us best, we share qualities such as consistently disappointing and never achieving success.

Availability:
Recently I've been released of all responsibilities so I'm free 24/7!

Closing Statement:
Looking forward to the SPL XV season and the chance to turn my miserable life around!

Best regards,
mad dawg
P.S. if you see this Belinda please take me back, I swear I've changed.

In: zacpz

I've got tonnes of experience running adv league which brought you good players like SEA, fruhdazi and PK Leech.

I have won PPL and ADVPL while having a positive record in RoAPL. Some of this I even did without the help of noted future banned deucer Triangles.

Child Protection recently took my son away. I love and miss him but I admit I've made mistakes. He loves VGC and Pokemon and I'm hoping that being selected to manage the best of the best will make him love me again and leave his mother's cold claws. It would just make life worth living again.

Free community lead suspect voting and end jerk tiering supremacy.

Assman = mad dawg

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Exotic64 and I would like to manage Cryos this SPL.

I’ve managed for ndpl, puwc, and currently managing in oupl while having experienced in official tours like wcop for west + side team tours as well such as roapl, epl, hpl, uuwc, etc. Exotic has experience managing teams with a recent being for oupl and played for several side PLs. If given the chance I believe we could do well this tour.
Confirming, velvet and I will build a strong roster and we guarantee an enjoyable and engaging team environment as well as giving as much prep and teambuilding support as possible

Manager: Cicada
Co: devin

Me and Cicada will be happy to take any team. Cicada has managed France in World Cup and has done a pretty good job winning it. He’s a great manager. As for myself, currently managing oupl and also managed Asia in this previous World Cup.

Last edited:

Drifting

in my glo stance smokin' dope
is a Tiering Contributor
Me and freezai are signing up for the Sharks

Freezai has managed SCL, put up strong records in several generations and runs a successful YouTube channel

I am a strong and charismatic leader online and offline, and a playoffs maker in many tours, including as a manager and in officials

Ladies and gentlemen... get ready for a SHARK ATTACK

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Good morning, the managers for SPL XV will be:
Dragonspiral Tyrants: reyscarface + blunder
Wi-fi Wolfpack: Star + D4 Repertoire
Alpha Ruiners: MANNAT + FlamingVictini
Cryonicles: Booty + njnp
Team Raiders: Raiza + Tricking
Congregation of the Classiest: d0nut + Luthier
Circus Maximus Tigers: z0mOG + Genesis7
Stark Sharks: snaga + suapah
Indie Scooters: Stone Cold + Leru
Ever Grande BIGS: Vulpix03 + DeepBlueC

Thanks so much to everyone who signed up!

Player signups will go up whenever I finish writing the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)