XY OU Stallbreaking & MAbsol (My First RMT)

Hey Smogon, this is a team I made because I wanted to use Mega Absol and also because a lot of my previous teams have had a lot of trouble with stall. This is the first time I've put a lot of thought into.

Mega Absol @ Absolite
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Magic Bounce
-Will o Wisp
-Fire Blast
-Sucker Punch
-Play Rough
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpA / 252 Spd

Mega Absol's Magic Bounce make it a good anti-lead to non-offensive leads like Shuckle, Forretress, etc. It also forces switches when facing stall mons like Skarmory, Shansey, Blissey, Mew, and in some instances, Gliscor. Will o Wisp is a good move that cripples physical attackers that could be problematic for the rest of the team (IE: Mawile, Landorus-T). It also renders lead Gliscor useless as it won't be likely to expect it. Fire Blast is another good unexpected attack to have because of all the 4x fire weaknesses out there (Scizor, Ferrothorn, etc.). Sucker Punch is the only STAB move needed because Magic Bounce forces opponents to not use status moves, plus, Sucker Punch is a good priority move to have on any pokemon. And lastly, Play Rough, a good coverage move to handle dragons, fighting types, and the notorious Sableye.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Guts
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Knock Off
-Stone Edge/Earthquake
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

This guy destroys every stall pokemon out there. And I mean 2HKO at most. When I was thinking of pokemon that can beat stall with raw power, Heracross was the best mon I could think of. I chose Adamant over Jolly because I wanted as much power as I could get. I stuck a Choice Band on it and gave it Guts because, like I said, I wanted the most power. But not only that, this allows Heracross to switch into Toxics and Will o Wisps and proceed to destroy everything in its path when this thing is burned. For example, Stone Edge has 47% to 2HKO 252 HP / 252 Def Gliscor after rocks. Close Combat and Megahorn are obvious hard-hitting STAB moves for Heracross and hit every stall pokemon excluding Gliscor for neutral damage. Knock Off is a good move to have to get rid of Chansey's Eviolite, Gliscor's Toxic Orb, etc. And the last move could be either Stone Edge or EQ for coverage. I haven't really had much need for either of them because Close Combat and Megahorn have almost perfect coverage.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Defog
-Whirlwind
-Roost
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd

Skarmory is one of my two pivot switch mons, as well as one of my leads. It walls Mega Pinsir, Scizor, as well as SubToxic Gliscor. Hazards are always good to have, especially Stealth Rocks when Talonflame is trouble for this team. Even though I have Stealth Rock on this set, Defog is useful when rocks hurt my team more than the opponents'. Whirlwind to phaze set-up sweepers and potentially break sashes after setting up rocks. Roost is a must-have recovery move since it will be switching in on a lot of attacks.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
-Wish
-Heal Bell
-Toxic
-Softboiled
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

After Skarmory, I needed something that can sponge up special attacks. And also get rid of any statuses my team might have. Natural Cure also allows it to absorb status moves as well. Wish is for helping teammates to switch in on attacks and hazards. Heal Bell for curing poison, burn, and paralysis. Toxic and Softboiled are standard moves for Chansey. Toxic for wearing down anything that might be a threat, and Softboiled for instant recovery.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rough Skin
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Outrage
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

At this point a strong revenge killer is needed and ScarfChomp is one of the most effective one of those around. Everything you see here is pretty standard. Rock Slide for flying-types. Earthquake for a strong STAB attack. I put both Dragon Claw and Outrage because this team is very weak to fairies and sometimes I might not want to revenge kill with Outrage then have a fairy (or steel-type) come in and start setting up. So, Dragon Claw is useful for that reason. If there aren't any fairy or steel types left, then I'll spam Outrage to my heart's content.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
-U-Turn
-Scald
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam/Extrasensory
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd

At this point I realized my team needed a powerful special attacker and something that could U-Turn and give me offensive momentum and Greninja fit that description perfectly. I chose Timid as the nature instead of Hasty because I didn't really care about U-Turn doing 10% less damage. I chose U-Turn because, like I said before, I wanted something to give me offensive momentum. Scald because of a decent base power and the 30% chance to burn is huge. Grass Knot is for Suicune and other bulky water-types as I don't have a grass-type attack on any of my other pokemon. The last move slot goes to either Ice Beam or Extrasensory. I like to use Ice Beam for Landorus and Gliscor, but Extrasensory would be better against Mega Venusaur.​

Dont have the time for a full rmt, however, you may want to consider knock off over will o wisp on your absol. Gliscor has no business staying in against absol unless it wishes to protect. Knock off also helps permanently take off toxic orb instead of allowing a heal bell later in a match.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Heracross without mega-stone isn't really a big threat in OU. You can either give it a mega stone and replace Mega Absol or replace him, because I'm not sure he will work out great
Chansey doesn't really need Heal Bell + Wish + Soft-Boiled. Replace either Wish or Soft-Boiled for Seismic Toss, so you can also hurt Steel and Poison pokemon you can't hit with Toxic.
My suggestion is to use Mega Heracross and get rid of Mega Absol. Replacing him with another Dark-type hitter, like Tyranitar or Bisharp, might work out pretty well

Mega-Heracross moveset:
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe (to outspeed Bisharp)
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
Rock Blast and Pin Missile always hit 5x because of Skill Link ability. Close Combat is great against defensive pokemon like Chansey and Tyranitar and EQ is for coverage

The Mega-Absol place can then be changed to either Bisharp (offensive) or Tyranitar (defensive)

Bisharp moveset
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect / Swords Dance
Knock Off is a great move on Bisharp. 97.5 BP and STAB hits everything very hard. Swords Dance is great on Bisharp. If you can set up Swords Dance a few times you are almost unbeatable with Sucker Punch. Iron Head is coverage, especially vs. fairies.

Tyranitar moveset
Tyranitar @ Leftovers / Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Fire Punch
- Earthquake
Tyranitar has more special bulk and HP. It isn't as fast as Bisharp but it has higher attack and more bulk so often you can live more attacks than Bisharp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)