Stallfest In The Rain

Hello people.

This is my 2nd RMT. Last time I showed a Bulky Offense team but this time I'm here with Rain Stall ( as the title suggests ).I was going to make a stall team and since I'm not a fan of Tyranitar's and Hippowdon's typing I went with rain stall. But without further ado, here's the best team I've ever created.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
Scald
Perish Song
Toxic
Protect

What would a rain team be without this guy? Having the ability to change the weather is almost a necessity in this metagame and Politoed does that very well for me. Since this is a stall team, a defensive set was the obvious choice. He doesn't directly counter many threats but he counters them indirectly by changing weather.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
Leech Seed
Spikes
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn's defensive typing is amazing, especially in rain. Ferrothorn is my rain counter and Outrage and Draco Meteor sponge. The moveset is standard except for the use of both Power Whip and Gyro Ball. Running two attacking moves means that neither Keldeo or dragon types can set up for free.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
Earthquake
Taunt
Protect
Toxic

Gliscor was the next choice for my team. Having a counter to Terrakion is very important and Gliscor fills the role very well. This thing can also absorb status which is very nice considering that stall teams hate opposing status moves.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 244 Def / 248 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
Toxic
Rapid Spin
Scald
Substitute

Oh my god, this thing annoys people so much. Stall teams don't want entry hazards on their field because it makes it so much easier for the opponent to take your walls down. Tentacruel can outstall nearly every spinblocker with toxic and substitute and proceed to remove your opponent's hazards. Very useful indeed.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunder

The revenge killer of the team and sometimes a clean-up sweeper. This thing is here to make sure that even if i let my opponent set up, I can still deal with that pokemon without losing too many of my pokemon. It also forces switches which racks up hazard damage.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
Stealth Rock
Wish
Toxic
Iron Head

This thing is mostly filler but it deals with an important threat, Focus Sash Alakazam. It can also stall things to death with the combination of Toxic and Iron Head flinching. Wish support is another reason why I chose Jirachi. It's very useful because my entire team lacks a recovery move ( or in the case of Gliscor, lacking a moveslot for a recovery move ).

So thanks for looking at this team and please rate it.

Hi there. I think you have a really nice team there. The only thing that I would like to see changed is the EV spread for your Ferrothorn. I would go with the standard spread on him in order to tank hits from both sides better. Not maximizing Special Defense is isn't a big deal, because he still ends up with a Special Defense stat of 310 with a Relaxed Nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)