Stalling with all sort of spikes in the Sand (RMT)

IMPORTANT: The team is for a tournament where LEGENDARY POKEMON ARE FORBIDDEN. So no Heatran, no Cresselia, no Suicune, no Azelf, no Zapdos, etc.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/24 Atk/192 Def/40 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

The starter. It sets the sandstorm and the stealth rock. Ice Fang for Dragons.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/16 Atk/200 Def/40 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

My standar defensive spiker and pseudo-hazer bird.

Garchomp (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/224 Spd/32 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Awesome revenge killer that destroys when my sand and spikes weakened my opponent´s team.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/84 SAtk/172 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf
- Hidden Power Electric
- Rapid Spin

I chose Knock Off instead Rapid Spin since I checked that Tentacruel usually don´t have the time to spin. I doubt about my EV distribution. With that, Tentacruel has 364 ps, 166 Def, 217 Sp.Atk, and 350 Sp.Def. Is a cool special wall which protects me from Infernape and it´s main proporsal is Toxic Spike too but I´m thinking in maybe changing it for Starmie. Hidden Power Electric screws Gyarados.

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP/164 Def/92 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Stockpile

This thing loves to stall special attacks in the Sandstorm. I don´t know if the moveset is ok (is my first time I use Cradily, so I don´t know what is better in its case: Grass Knot or Energy Ball, and Stone Edge or Rock Sldie. And since I have Toxic having Tentacruel Toxic Spikes...). It helps me against Swampert too. But I don´t know if use this or Blissey with Fire Blast/Seismic Toss/Protect/Wish (since its Wish can help to mantain Garchomp and Tentacruel alive).

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/100 Def/156 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball

Status absorber, anti-Rapid spinner and with a cool ghost + fighting combination. Thinking in maybe changing this for another more offensive thing, depending if I do changes if my team or not.

You definitely need to get Ice Fang on Hippowdon, for sheer coverage. Tentacruel Shouldn't even be staying in on a Garchomp, seeing as one EQ is the end for it. the Special Defence on Skarm won't matter in most cases, so you may want to invest it somewhere else like attack or defence. Same with hippo. If you want to do something, put 120 EVs into special defence so it can survive hits from T-Boah's Ice Beam. If you are going to run Fire Blast on Chomp, Make it's nature Naughty or Lonely, and what's with the Special Defence EVs? Is that to lighten the blow from Ice Beam? Well, more than likely it'll kill you anyways(unless they are running near the bare minimum of 266 in special attack), and also, you are going to be much faster than most Ice Beam users, so put those Special defence EVs into Special Attack, to strengthen the force of Fire Blast. You may want to consider giving Tentacruel Rapid Spin instead of Knock Off, as no one else on your team has it(It may come in handy), but you don't necessarily have to. Replace either Grass Knot or Stone Edge for Stockpile or Barrier(stockpile boosts both defences, but is slower at doing so and only gets up to three, where as Barrier only raises Defence, but allows for more build up in defence). Or, you could put it over Toxic, seeing as Toxic Spikes will be up already. However, Cradily's offensive stats are low enough as it is, so splitting them wouldn't be too good of an idea(though it is an option, but steels will still wall you). Spiritomb looks good, though you may want to invest a little more in defence(many spiritombs don't need too much defence, since most carry Wisp, but seeing as yours doesn't, you may want to put some in there to cover its weak spot). But, all in all, this team seems pretty well balanced, so it should do well.

I´ve put Ice Fang in Hippo, and HP Electric in Tentacruel. And Barrier over Toxic in Cradily.

My doubts for now:

-Garchomp...is better the revenge-killer CS; or Chainchomp?
-Cradily or Wisher Blissey?
-Should I put EVs in Tentacruel Defense, or their EVs are good? (364 ps, 166 Def, 217 Sp.Atk, and 350 Sp.Def.)

Well, your only wall that doesn't have a recovery move is Tentacruel, so WishBliss wouldn't really be needed. You don't really need to put defence EVs on Tentacruel, just switch to one of your physical walls who can handle the threat. ChainChomp can be useful, but I haven't found it to be much help when I use it. It doesn't get stuck into a move, but it isn't all that good as a revenge killer because it doesn't have the speed that SC Chomp has. That's what Revenge killing is all about-Hitting hard and fast, not surprising the foe with unexpected moves(which ChainChomp is mainly used for).

So, in my team of 5 walls, what fits better? Fast revenge killer in form of ScrafChomp, the mixed attacker and surprisingly Chainchomp, or Swords Dance Chomp?

I would say ScarfChomp, because your team is very slow, and you may want a better way to get rid of fast, powerful attackers(such as Starmie). Or possibly CBChomp, for more initial power(Same as ScarfChomp Except Jolly with SE, 4/252/252 EV spread), although you miss out on outspeeding a lot of things.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
A fine team indeed.

=)

good job and no real weaks.

Tentacruel can utilize rapid spin quite well as it counters a lot of htings with its GREAT typing. Consider it if you run into to troubles with spikes and stealth rock

Oh, I forgot to mention something about Cradily. Since you are running Barrier, there isn't really any need for the defence EVs(since one barrier doubles it). Invest those EVs into his Special Defence, since he won't be getting the boost from Stockpile. The extra 4 EVs can go back into defence, or can go into one of his offensive stats. This is pretty much the Cradily I run(except only one attack in place of Toxic), and you'll see how much fun it is in battle. It literally NEVER goes down. No Roaring away its defensive boosts, no Roaring/WWing PERIOD, no real weak spots(hell, most people don't even remember what his weaknesses are besides ice), and Recover ensures he won't be going anywhere without a fight(honestly, the ONLY pokemon I find harder, atleast for my opponents, to take down is CurseRock, but don't worry about him since you can't use legendaries).

Changed Knock Off for Rapid Spin in Tentacruel.

I still have doubts about Cradily´s moveset. Grass Knot or Energy Ball? Stone Edge or Rock Slide?

And with the EVs I currently have in my Pokemon, I have:
-Hippowdown: 420 HP, 266 Atk, 352 Def, 190 SpDef
-Skarmory: 334 HP, 200 Atk, 402 Def, 186 SpDef
-Garchomp: 394 Atk, 444 Spd (with CS), 176 SpAtk, 214 SpDef
-Tentacruel: 364 HP, 166 Def, 236 Spd, 216 SpAtk, 350 SpDef
-Cradily: 376 HP, 198 Atk, 271 Def, 198 SpAtk, 300 SpDef
-Spiritomb: 304 HP, 276 Def, 219 SpAtk, 319 SpDef

EDIT: Thinking better, I´ll use Stockiple instead Barrier on Cradily. In battles, I´ll only can use that 1-2 times, and that´s fine. And with 1 Stockpile, Cradily will have more than 400 in Def, and more than 650 in SpDef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)