Star Wars Mafia Postgame

aha...

Yeah I got lazy.
That's a pretty grave mistake, if you ask me. A safe claim is supposed to be safe, unique, not something 2 or more players use.

Also, there were other things too, that were poorly designed in this game, as in the role PMs (generally, as you said already), the slowness of answering players (I had to wait 1 full day/night cycle and a reminder for an answer I asked when I read and sent my very first night action, don't know of others), absolutely no flavour of any sort in updates and the opening post, and other stuff you have noted.

Also, I heard that when you got the approval of the game, on Bail it only said "Bail Organa - Rebublic - Bodyguard". Now, he clearly wasn't a standard bodyguard (at least on smogon terms), which was shown in my death: I got luckfucked by the RNG (or whatever you used to decide that). That luck factor should have been in the role notes.

Now, don't take this wrong, it could have been a very interesting game, but at least for me, it became quite dull, or boring with all the small (and some cases, big) errors. Take these as tips for the next time you try to design a game; a first timer has his/her mistakes that can happen.

The roles in this game were "bleh"

A EDIT: daily vigilante.

A thief with so few items in the game that were easily stolen.

Roles that only worked 50% of the time, introducing unnecessary elements of luck.

Weak, if not useless, mafia roles (other than the recruiter, that was cool).

bleh.

One thing that I also didn't like about this game is that the village messed up at nearly every important juncture, yet still managed to win because the mafia was so underpowered. This game was less balanced than Maximum Carnage mafia imo.

Also, I think your player ratings are a little too nice. With the exception of 1 person (who idled most of the game), no one got below a 5, even if they messed up completely. I would argue that some of these mistakes were much worse than simply idling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)