Starmie [QC 2/3] Ready For 3rd!

Small thing i noticed, Toxicroak is listed under "Water Absorb" in C&C. It has Dry Skin not Water Absorb. For simplicity, changing the name to Water Immunity is probably best, that includes random stuff like Gastro too. Croaker can also be added to the priority section too as Adamant LO Sucker Punch OHKOes

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Checks and counters is way too long imo.

Banette is not a bulky spinblocker and dusclops is not really worth using in UU imo.

I would split it up into something like this.

1. Bulky waters (note be careful to switch in on the right move)

2. Bulky grasses, (note be careful to switch in on the right move)

3. Special walls like Umbreon / Florges.

4. Mention that stuff like trevenant / sableye / jellicent can block spin from defensive starmie but they all hate offensive starmie.

5. Kyurem

6. Faster pokes that can't switch in reliably but can kill starmie if they get in: (e.g. mega manectric / jolteon / toxicroak / cacturne / absol some relevant scarfers etc.).

Checks/counters doesn't need to mention everything under the sun that can beat starmie, just give us the general gist.

Just wondering about the reasoning behind slashing Recover behind Rapid Spin on the all out attacking set. In my experience Starmie doesn't get many free turns to use recover, and when it does it's nearly always better off pounding the switch-in with Analytic Hydro Pumps, as using recover can often lose a lot of momentum.The analysis says that the one of the key roles is to Spin, so IMO Recover should be moved to Details.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
don't give this a third check yet i'm looking over it. there's a lot of detail shit that needs work (for example 4 EVs in def > SpD for no real reason)

will probably just edit directly into the OP.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Slash Dazzling Gleam on the Choice Scarf set over Ice Beam, as revenge killing scarf Hydreigons is awesome :)

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
OUPL Champion
I see a lot of other mistakes which i will addres later but dont have time for it now so no one give 3rd QC check yet :x

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
OUPL Champion
You need to remove all the "crux"es, you should know that as a member of the Smogon GP team, but I trust others like horyzhnz to fix this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)