is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Charizard @ Salac Berry
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Speed

- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Double-Edge/sub
- Earthquake

Classic Bellyzard set. I love it, but I have came to the absolute conclusion that Bellyzard is DEAD in DP. The Stealth Rock problem is minor, and can be used to your advantage more often than not, but the bitch is the sheer amount of priority attacks.

Lucario, Metagross, Weavile, Mamoswine, Scizor, Dusknoir, Dugtrio, Spiritomb, Donphan, Ambipom, Azumarill, Arcanine and Hitmontop are all common Pokemon that are very likely (certain in some cases) to carry a priority attack that will end Charizard's rampage. Then there's other things like Deoxys-E, Ninjask and random Scarf Pokemon, not to mention Focus Sashes (although this is easily solved to be fair). On a competitive team, Bellyzard is just a waste of a team slot and a burden to the whole team.

But he sure is a lot of fun, which is why I felt he deserved a mention! :)
Another reason he is so hard to use because a while ago, when Cscarf Chomp was so common, garchomp would always ruin the sweep so i eventually i did switch to jolly but the lack of attack hurts sometimes.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP/16 Atk/180 Def/100 Spd
Admant nature (+Att, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Taunt

Brings the rape, my favorite Gyarados set and is on every one of my teams. Ice Fang cause I hate Celebi and Garchomp. Leftovers lets me live longer and switch in easier. Only really gets walled by bulky waters (I always pair this up with Toxic Blissey to take care of that problem). Aside from Agiligross, this is my favorite pokemon in D/P

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 148 HP/252 Atk/108 Spd
Admant nature (+Att, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

My favorite pokemon. Explodes on pokes my team can't handle (bulky waters and grassers usually) letting Gyarados bring the rape. Agility allows me to play mind games with my opponent if they don't have any problem pokes. LO explosion does a shitload to Skarmory, or anything for that matter.

Oh, I didn't know your opinion constituted everyone else's. Hax keeps the game exciting. You've got to use the tools you're given with to win, not to fuss over what is 'fair' or some other shit.
HAHAHA. You mind as well just say "Yes Slice, you are right, that set is lame as shit."

Raikou FASHO!

Raikou @ Lefties
Timid
64 HP/96 SpA/96 SpD/252 Spe
Ability: Pressure
Moveset:
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice/Grass

It saved me so many battles. :) I like to run Dugtrio to take out Blissey, and then commence the Raikou rape. hehe

Too bad it's nearly impossible to find a legit one WITH good IVs and HP Ice. -_-

HAHAHA. You mind as well just say "Yes Slice, you are right, that set is lame as shit."
I fail to see how this adds to the discussion. Pokemon is not a fair game, no matter how much people tweak the number of clauses and tiers to make it 'balanced'.

On topic, Calm Mind Cresselia is amazing, especially if you're using Charge Beam to up it's S.Atk.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Lee, I find Jolly Works better on BellyZard.
so i eventually i did switch to jolly but the lack of attack hurts sometimes.
I can really relate to that as I've considered it too, but when you're maximising a stat, you really feel that attack drop.

Jolly Charizard w/Belly Drum = 1068
Adamant Charizard w/Belly Drum = 1172

That's a full 104 points difference...about the same difference between Skarmory's max Atk and Garchomp's max Atk. It's a hell of a sacrifice to make to outspeed Scarfchomp, especially when you consider that Garchomp actually has a good chance at surviving Earthquake from JollyBellyzard (94.96% - 111.76%) whilst Adamant leaves him eating through a straw 100% of the time.

There's also a chance that Scarfchomp could be Jolly, and Charizard can't afford to get drawn into a game of one-upsmanship.

To be honest though, I found that it was the priority attacks that stopped him 9 times out of 10. Fast Scarfers weren't as much as a problem.

I fail to see how this adds to the discussion. Pokemon is not a fair game, no matter how much people tweak the number of clauses and tiers to make it 'balanced'.

On topic, Calm Mind Cresselia is amazing, especially if you're using Charge Beam to up it's S.Atk.
no, pokemon is not a fair game, but we can try to make it as fair as possible. and besides, why would you want to win with hax? it is basically saying im not as good as you so i need to rely on luck to win.

but anyways, i personally like drifloon as a stat upper.
with massive subs, CM, shadow ball, unburden with salac berry, and baton pass, ive been able to set him up, and take out a couple guys, and when they send out a normal, BP to cresselia/raikou/any special sweeper, sometimes with a sub and salac boost.

Sudo said:
Oh, I didn't know your opinion constituted everyone else's. Hax keeps the game exciting. You've got to use the tools you're given with to win, not to fuss over what is 'fair' or some other shit.
Actually if you pull your head out of your ass (or maybe Slices), what Sudo said is probably the realest thing posted in this thread.

no, pokemon is not a fair game, but we can try to make it as fair as possible. and besides, why would you want to win with hax? it is basically saying im not as good as you so i need to rely on luck to win.
You can't win with pure skill, that's what I'm saying. Sometimes it's better to tip luck in your favor; whether or not that's "honorable" is another topic I won't care to discuss further. The set exists, and as of yet it's allowed in competitive play; whether you choose to disown it is up to the individual, but you can't deny that alot of people use it, and if you play to win, you've got to be prepared.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I've always liked AgiliCario and BulkUpTop.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
~ Agility
~ Aura Sphere
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power: Ice

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Technitian
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 184 Atk, 72 SDef
~ Bulk Up
~ Mach Punch
~ Bullet Punch
~ Stone Edge

Slowking: @ Life Orb/Mystic Water

216/252 SP A/40 Sp. Def

Quiet nature

Trick Room
Nasty Plot
Hydro Pump
Fire Blast

He sweeps many teams and surprises alot of threats (Weavile), Tyranitar, Bronzong, Skarm, Metagross etc. after a Trick Room, and many people are still surprised it carries a fire move, so they don't expect it, which really aids you.

You can try a Bulkier set with Slowbro, using Calm Mind, but NP makes Slowking a pretty effective sweeper, not to mention TRoom aids your slow teammates.

Of course Dragon/Water types are a bit of trouble but, NP makes up for it, and so does the 120 BP for the moves.

I use 2 Jirachis .. no not on the same team ..

Metacute
@ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Water Pulse

ParaFusion + Calm Mind = screwed..
sadly doesn't survives much .. 2 Earthquakes from Tyranitar without any Atk boosts kills it but I end up killing it with Water Pulse ..

Shinto
@ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

More defensive based. Blissey can't Seismic Toss the Substitute, not so effective moves won't break it either & it can OHKO almost anything after a Calm Mind or 2 ..

kinda similar but kinda different in the same time .. :3

CM Blissey

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold 148Hp/252Def/108SA
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Calm Mind

This set is actually very effective. Blissey can stillfunction as a stall beast, but it can also pose an offensive threat. Its great defenses give it plenty of time to set up,and the extra power lets it win stall outs against the likes of bronzong and cresselia.

Linoone@Salac Berry
Adamant
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 hp (Something like this)
Ability: Gluttony
Moveset:
-Extreme Speed
-Rock Smash/Dig
-Belly Drum
-Shadow Claw

Find the right time to drum and sweep. (UU)

Slowbro could do the same as Celebi, with good defensive stats and with Calm Mind it improves the worst one. Anyway, is a recovery move needed or wanted to have a good set uper?

My favorite stat upper is stockpile up gastrodon.

Gastrodon @ leftovers
Sassy Nature
28 HP 230 def 252 sp. def

Toxic
Stockpile
Earthquake/surf/hidden power electric/ice beam
Recover

Get in on an electric type, thunderwave, or cressilia, and stockpile up.It can get in on standard rapid spin starmie too. If set up, it usually rips through an entire stall team. It owns any boltbeamer, especially calm mind bliss and cress. Then nail them with toxic, and start to stall. Then, attack when you have to. If you are walled, switch out after recovering. With Earthquake, levetating poisons and steels wall, with surf, toxicroak and poison types that resist water wall. Hidden power electric has the best coverage, but has low BP. WATCH OUT for shaymin, celebi, and grass types immune to toxic. It can take a few grass knots from most foes after 3 stockpiles because it is lightweight.
In UU, I seem to have more trouble switching in. Grass types are far more common here...

One could use the analisys spread, but mine has 368 HP, so... so does this one. This spread is slightly tougher overall, but has worse offense.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I use this one:

Empoleon @Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 atk/252 HP/4 spd
Adamant Nature

- Aqua Jet
- Drill Peck
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

This thing sweeps teams quite easily. You'd honestly be surprised how easy it is to get those Swords Dances off with this guy with those awesome defensive stats and 209348209850432 resistances. Aqua Jet makes this set especially awesome. If the opponent gets you to under 33% health, let's just say they're in a lot of trouble.

Swords Dance and a priority move is sexy. An ability that boosts the priority move is icing on the cake. What's not sexy, though, is the Fighting/Ground/Electric weak. At least it does have those 209348209850432OMGWTFBBQ resistances to work with.

Seriously, everyone uses Taunt Gyarados... but it's always walled by something, be it Grass types or Breloom, or even other Gyarados.

What if there was a Gyarados that didn't get walled by anything except Empoleon (who isn't even used)?

It's an underlooked set in the analysis. Taunt Gyarados with RETURN!! It's a commonly known fact that Waterfall and Return has excellent coverage, but everyone forgets when they use Gyarados.

Gyarados @ Leftovers

212 // 16 // 180 // 100
Adamant

Return
Waterfall
Taunt
Dragon Dance

Here's two sets I'm personally fond of:

Salamence @ Focus Sash
Jolly - 252 A, 252 S, 6 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Similar to what I used in the Ruby / Sapphire Battle Tower (different EV spread - 100 all around, 110 SD, 0 SA, Dragon Claw was Brick Break, Brightpowder), I'm still quite fond of it. I probably should cut a bit of speed for HP since Dragon Dance is here. I love this set because it just kills after a Dragon Dance or two. Intimidate is icing on the cake.

And the other:

Mesprit @ Expert Belt / Wise Glasses (depending on where I am)
Modest - 252 SA, 252 S, 6 HP
- Calm Mind
- Grass Knot / Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Nine times out of ten, it'll be Grass Knot since I use her mostly on my Double Battle Tower team (and with all those Electric moves running around, I don't need any more). Mesprit is a decent Special Attacker (Special Attack is slightly higher than Starmie's) with the potential for more with Calm Mind. Too bad Azelf does this better with Nasty Plot, but this is my Mesprit, not Azelf. (Azelf can kiss my @$$. At least my Mesprit can take a hit.) I really love that Calm Mind.

EDIT:

Here's yet another I just remembered:

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Naive (I was lazy) - 252 S, 252 A, 6 HP
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Night Slash

I just love this thing. Swords Dance until something happens. Then kill, kill, kill. I usually use Weavile as a backup plan and rarely just outright switch it into something (unless I know that whatever I switch into can't do anything). Weavile's Speed is already high. Ice Shard will help to hurt those that outspeed or tie-speed this thing, especially with Swords Dance on it. Many shall fall to this (or so I hope).

My favorite stat upper is stockpile up gastrodon.

Gastrodon @ leftovers
Sassy Nature
28 HP 230 def 252 sp. def

Toxic
Stockpile
Earthquake/surf/hidden power electric/ice beam
Recover

Get in on an electric type, thunder wave, or cressilia, and stockpile up.It can get in on standard rapid spin starmie too. If set up, it usually rips through an entire stall team. It owns any boltbeamer, especially calm mind bliss and cress. Then nail them with toxic, and start to stall. Then, attack when you have to. If you are walled, switch out after recovering. With Earthquake, levitating poisons and steels wall, with surf, toxicroak and poison types that resist water wall. Hidden power electric has the best coverage, but has low BP. WATCH OUT for shaymin, celebi, and grass types immune to toxic. It can take a few grass knots from most foes after 3 stockpiles because it is lightweight.
In UU, I seem to have more trouble switching in. Grass types are far more common here...
Wow...based on this post I see Stockpile Gastordon works wonders. I knew the main reason why I wanted a great IV'd Gastrodon was because of your talks about it. Does having it Relaxed makes any different on it's bulkness?

Blaziken: Salac Berry
Hasty
252 Speed/252 Attack/ 4 HP

Reversal
Blaze Kick
Endure
Swords Dance

Blaze activates when low on life. Blaze Kick has a High Ch ratio.

Hits everything nuetral except: Gyarados/Salamence/Dragonite/Charizard/Moltres.

Char/Moltres/Nite are rarely used. Swords Dance cancels out resistances.

(Ho-oh/Rayquaza/Lati@s/Mantine/Pelipper as well, but they are not OU).

lol at this. best reciver from ninjask period.

Bibarel@life orb
252 atk 252 hp 4 spd
adamant
simple
waterfall
return
superfang
filler

this thing with ninjask support is win. 1 sd and 2 turns of spd boost could very well be gg. try it!

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
CM Blissey

Blissey@Leftovers
Modest 148Hp/252Def/108SA
Grass Knot
Flamethrower
Softboiled
Calm Mind

Mwahahaah! Seriously, pure evil. SHits all over the likes of Lucarios (brave enough to stat up), Scizor, Fortress, Swampert, Tar, freaking everything! Err, except Chomp lol. But then again who switches Chomp in on Blissey until they know it's moveset. One tough customer.

Empoleon @Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 atk/252 HP/4 spd
Adamant Nature

- Aqua Jet
- Drill Peck
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
I remember I used this going through the game, however I had surf over earthquake.

About the Return Gyarados, why not just use Stone Edge/Waterfall? Other then Stone Edges iffy accuracy, it hits pretty much the same coverage as Return/Waterfall (unless you really dislike Poliwrath) and its a lot more pokes super effectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)