SuMo UU Beta Tour (won by r0ady)

Status
Not open for further replies.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Can I get a sub as well? My opponent never responded to the message I left on his wall on Tuesday.

Reactions: Ark

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
Opponent called off yesterday and today he got on at my 6 am and asked if I would be on. He was gone before I got on today. I'll wait for him but I don't have much hope. Neither of us were great about scheduling but seeing as he did completely ignore the first day we planned to play.

Reactions: Ark
Had very little in terms of communication from my opp and i've not seem him online when he's said he would have been

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry for double, but editing in tags doesn't work properly, so here goes.

Marcelinho Rodrigues hasn't responded since Thursday, subbing out for Ernesto . Aquarium1
Galactiknight hasn't responded since Thursday, subbing out for King UU . Donphantastic
fatty never responded to VM, subbing out for Kris . Sacri'
cyberjesus11223 eaglehawk had minimal contact, one VM from the latter on Tuesday, one VM from the former on Thursday, no responses. Subbing both out due to lack of activity. New matchup: Lordemort vs. BrothaJdogg

Lilligant for OU Raseri there was talk of scheduling via PS on Lilligant's wall. Did that ever happen? If I don't get a response I'm going to sub one or both of you out.
Cyndequil. ProfessorMasterChief Because you guys have incredibly shitty time-zone differences, I'll grant an extension if you can both guarantee that you'll get the game done next Saturday. If you can't get the game scheduled now, I will do a double sub.
YMAS Zaionar you scheduled for Friday, did that game ever happen? If I don't get a response I'm just going to sub one or both of you out.

Will follow up with more calls as time goes on. Get your games done, everyone!

Spoke to Hogg. I am calling activity on my opp. We played 1 game on Thursday but he then went offline and I have not heard back from him since to finish bo3.
Sorry for doing this with only 1 day notice, wanted to give my opp a chance to finish.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'll go ahead and make this announcement now.

Mimikyu will be banned from round 2 (and all subsequent rounds).

Unresisted STABs combined with an above-average Speed and a unique ability has made Mimikyu the most feared Pokemon in the metagame. People have started running things like Scarf Beat Up Krookodile just to have a chance at taking it out early, and while these answers are mostly gimmicks, they reflect a real problem with the Pokemon. Offensive teams find themselves at the mercy of a revenge killer and late-game cleaner that puts Sash Alakazam to shame, while bulkier teams find that Mimikyu can easily get multiple boosts in a game and power through Pokemon such as Pyukumuku and Hippowdon with the power of Bloom Doom/Wood Hammer. Finally, we underestimated Mimikyu's OU usage when we were creating the banlist, and there is a very good chance Mimikyu will end up being OU by usage regardless.

Any remaining games in this round will still allow Mimikyu, including any games that have received extensions. However, following this round, Mimikyu will no longer be allowed in the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)