Metagame Sun and Moon LC Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeh not the biggest fan of Baby-bewear, tho it might grow on me. Probably gonna be at least decent in LC tho.

Since Sand-Grimer is a ghost type, we can assume that shovel stuck into it's head was what killed it right? Between Drilbur and Sandshrew, I doubt it'll be that good here.

EDIT: Hey turns out SadFish can transform into AwesomeWhaleFish, so it probably won't get an evolution :/

Ghost/Fire Cubone (or maybe just ghost or fire going off of Ninetales and Vulpix) will probably be about as good as regular Cubone, assuming the thick club still works.

Dark Meowth is interesting but until we know for sure how much stats for Alolan forms will change, I can't really make any assumptions.

Last edited:
Dark Meowth looks sassy af, STAB Knock Off is gonna be pretty cool on it.

I hope the sand castle doesn't become a shittier Golett, the bear is gonna be interesting especially if it has its evo's ability.

I also hope Alolan Cubone stays Ghost/Fire instead of just fire or ghost.

Yes, I think too Meowth if he will be dark type , will be cool, with knock, thief etc, just need a good movepool after

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i'm pretty sure dark meowth will be worse than normal type meowth as then fake out and feint are weaker attacks, and that's generally about half of what meowth can do. STAB Knock Off is cool i guess, but off of it's pretty meh attack it'll be unimpressive.

Ghost/Fire Cubone would be cool, but this isn't really a boost in viability. Unless it gets Sacred Fire then it's Fire-stab will be meh or cause self KOs after SR. Cubone would be kinda rad if it got Flame Charge / Shadow Sneak / Flare Blitz, as then it sweeps the inevitable bulky builds once you knock some things off and is pretty much impossible to switch into even when pivoting around its attacks.

This gen is looking like BEAR TEAM 6 will be pretty legit though

Hm. This exists. Also it: "is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist." And I thought it was cute too ;_;
Reckon some more information will come out on this soon so I'll edit I guess. This thing is basically a sea cucumber but we don't know anything else. Almost certainly LC tho

I think the best mon to use z moves will be fletchling imo

Z moves feel like they're going to suck considering how important items are...UNLESS the z move item can't be knock offed

Then it'll be really usable and a nice addition to LC imo :)

gali

I just wanna grill, man!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
judging from the descriptions of the z-stones i feel like they're gonna behave like mega stones

I mean it's not like Fletchling hasn't had access to natural gift Ground that people don't use because it's just not that great.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A Flying-type Z move + Acrobatics is the bigger threat if the item's consumable

Am i the only one extremely creeped out by beware prevo's smile? Like that is nightmare fuel if I've ever seen it!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
So it looks like Morelull gets Spore, which instantly bumps it up in potential viability. Foongus is likely to hard counter it though, due to its 4x weakness to poison.

Well if that Sea Cuccumber mon is in LC, it could eliminate low health major threats like carvahna with a sac if you play it right. Paired with a bulky water type, Pyukumuku could make life very hard for all life orb mons while the other water type can actually take not very effective or neutral hits to a water type without having to make Pyukumuku less effective by lowering its HP slightly. I'm really excited to find strategies with this thing

I know i didn't word that really well so tl;dr:
If it is in LC, Pyukumuku could be sacced to eliminate common life orb users or other low HP threats.

A Flying-type Z move + Acrobatics is the bigger threat if the item's consumable
i definitely agree, depending on what the move actually does / if it works with Gale Wings but I was responding to meritt's post about ground coverage.

I dont know how I didnt notice this earlier but if it is LC, wont Salandit make a pretty decent mag and ferro counter cause poisoning them helps to get rid of mag sturdy and poisoning arguably the biggest wall in the meta (ferro) when it used to be immune could bring this boy into viability

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dont know how I didnt notice this earlier but if it is LC, wont Salandit make a pretty decent mag and ferro counter cause poisoning them helps to get rid of mag sturdy and poisoning arguably the biggest wall in the meta (ferro) when it used to be immune could bring this boy into viability
If it resisted Electric it'd be good against Mag but it's definitely gonna do work against Ferro if it's LC

So, Alolan Rattata confirmed to be Dark/Normal type with Gluttony and Hustle, what do people think of that ?

So, Alolan Rattata confirmed to be Dark/Normal type with Gluttony and Hustle, what do people think of that ?
For one, it is 4x weak to arguably the best type in the meta, and its "new abillity" Gluttony, mean literally nothing in this meta. Yes it'll have dark stab and maybe knock off, but at most it'll be D-tier.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Rattata's increased weakness to Fighting is irrelevant because it's already frail. It's not meant to take hits. Its job is to dish out a few super strong hits and then go down with the ship. Having it be Dark/Normal is only a buff because it now will have STAB on Sucker Punch and Crunch, which IMO was something it needed to be slightly more consistent. It will more than likely still be mediocre at best (unless it gets some sort of positive stat changes) but the changes are still highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)