SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So apparently there's a "special" fishing spot in that dock village on the last island where Dhelmise are more likely to appear (10% vs. the normal 1%). What and where is that spot?

How long does it take for Espeon/Umbreon to show up? I've been on Route 4 fighting the same Eevee for at least 4 hours and I've yet to see a single Espeon/Umbreon. Night switched to day cause I left my game open overnight so it should be an Espeon. What am I doing wrong?

So apparently there's a "special" fishing spot in that dock village on the last island where Dhelmise are more likely to appear (10% vs. the normal 1%). What and where is that spot?
A spot with rippling water is a "special spot". There's usually one in each route that you can fish at, and once you do and it disappears, you can go inside/to another route or subsection and come back and the ripples with reappear.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there a dedicated Poké Ball store? I need shit like Quick Balls and Dive Balls, but I cannot remember for the life of me which Pokémon Centers sell which specific balls and don't want to jump around.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Is there a dedicated Poké Ball store? I need shit like Quick Balls and Dive Balls, but I cannot remember for the life of me which Pokémon Centers sell which specific balls and don't want to jump around.
Unfortunately, No.

I use Serebii's Itemdex to check where I can buy Pokeballs. (By the way, Quick and Dive are at the Route 8 Center.)

Has the encounter rate for shinies increased at all? And is the shiny charm still around?
A punk in game says the odds are around 1 in 4000, so no for the increased odds.
For the Shiny Charm, you have to fill the Alola Dex and show it to one of the Game Freak Guys. They're around the first city of the second island.

Does anyone know of an easier way to get a hidden ability mareanie? cause I caught like 16 of them with no such luck.

There's apparently a set of eeveelution trainers that show up in the post game. How do you trigger those? Like one is supposed to be in Hauli Graveyard, but I combed the place a few times and didnt see them.

Last edited:
One of the houseboats has a door leading out to a fishing spot - the one in the upper-right corner. (It's where you get the Flash Cannon TM)

Go in the Steelix boat in the southern part of Seafolk Village and exit the ship through the southern door. There'll be a fisherman there and a fishing spot where you can get Dhelmise.

There's apparently a set of eeveelution trainers that show up in the post game. How do you trigger those? Like one is supposed to be in Hauli Graveyard, but I combed the place a few times and didnt see them.
You need to talk to the leftmost cashier in the Thriftstore Megamart, he'll then tell you to find and defeat Eeveelution trainers around Alola, after which you go back to him, defeat him and his Eevee, and he'll give you the Eevium.

Go in the Steelix boat in the southern part of Seafolk Village and exit the ship through the southern door. There'll be a fisherman there and a fishing spot where you can get Dhelmise.

You need to talk to the leftmost cashier in the Thriftstore Megamart, he'll then tell you to find and defeat Eeveelution trainers around Alola, after which you go back to him, defeat him and his Eevee, and he'll give you the Eevium.
weird how its post game considering the z crystal would have been better served for main game purposes, but thanks

weird how its post game considering the z crystal would have been better served for main game purposes, but thanks
I just got around to battling them all yesterday, here's where you can find each of the Eeveelution trainers:

Vaporeon - Melemele Training School
Umbreon - Melemele Island Hau'oli Cemetery
Glaceon - Melemele Island Iki Town
Flareon - Akala Island Tidesong Hotel
Leafeon - Akala Island Hanu Beach
Jolteon - Ula'ula Island Malie Community Centre
Espeon - Ula'ula Island Geothermal Power Plant
Sylveon - Poni Island Seafolk Village Steelix Boat
Eevee - Akala Island Thrifty Megamart

Hi Everyone!

Been a while since I've been on here. I really want to get back into competitive battling...ev training, iv breeding, etc. and I just beat the elite 4 on sun.

I want to know what I should be doing post-game in order to most efficiently get back into iv breeding/ev training. I know this is somewhat of a broad question, but any advice would be awesome!!

Hi Everyone!

Been a while since I've been on here. I really want to get back into competitive battling...ev training, iv breeding, etc. and I just beat the elite 4 on sun.

I want to know what I should be doing post-game in order to most efficiently get back into iv breeding/ev training. I know this is somewhat of a broad question, but any advice would be awesome!!
Use Adrenaline Orbs and farm the crap out of SOS battles. With recent changes and the stat items, it's extremely fast to max out a stat by knocking out the Pokemon summoned into battle over and over.

so a question about SOS chaining for IVs, do you just chain for about 30 pokemon, and then catch the next one hoping it has good IVs? is the nature of the summoned pokemon random and unaffected by a synchroniser lead?

so a question about SOS chaining for IVs, do you just chain for about 30 pokemon, and then catch the next one hoping it has good IVs? is the nature of the summoned pokemon random and unaffected by a synchroniser lead?
Apparently you're guaranteed 4IV at a chain of 40, I just got lucky and caught a 6IV Ditto at a chain of 60.

I'm at the route 2 cemetery and just noticed that my Rowlet who was not traded and is not holding a lucky egg is gaining boosted exp. I'm not sure if it was getting boosted exp before. Does anyone know if there is a new way to gain boosted exp?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
4IVs are guaranteed above 30.
Can you buy Fastballs and Heavyballs in the game ?
Nope, 1 per file.
I'm at the route 2 cemetery and just noticed that my Rowlet who was not traded and is not holding a lucky egg is gaining boosted exp. I'm not sure if it was getting boosted exp before. Does anyone know if there is a new way to gain boosted exp?
You probably played with it a lot in Pokemon Refresh... either that or you are super over-leveled but have been holding off evolving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)