Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
alienjesus said:
also, im interested to know why certain stages are banned in tourneys, such as temple, great bay, the dk one (is the dk rap just too painful for tourney play!? :P ) and a few others.....would someone post the decisions that banned these.

im not arguing them btw, just curious.

I can't say for all of them, but I know that some stages can be abused by certain characters. For an example, in the skyscraper stage (forget it's name) Peach can get one kill and then stall the rest of the match by using her side B against a skyscraper.

here is a better example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRBZKre9M_M

Temple is banned for a few reasons IIRC...for one, it's too easy for someone like Fox or Jigglypuff just to get one kill and run away for the rest of the match. Also, it's quite difficult to take out a skilled player in the lower portion of the stage, where you can get to ridiculously high percentages without getting KOed. And of course, it doesn't take much to KO someone from the edges of the course. Needless to say, Temple is very unbalanced.

I'm pretty sure the banning of Kongo Jungle has something to do with the way the platforms are arranged, and maybe the rock. Peach's castle has the Banzai Bills, and switch-activated platforms.

The rest are pretty self-explanatory.

The Jap. Ashley's Theme was SO kawaii (haha :D) and the girl's voice was really cute. I really enjoyed both tehmes, but if I had to choose, I'd go for the Japanese one.

Kirby's final smash is really cute too. The whole cooking everything..

Man, when people start playing -- I want to know all the info! Ahh..

Temple is banned because Fox can shoot a laser and run for the rest of the map. DK is banned because apparently it's easy to camp on the rock. Peach's Castle/Venom are banned because due to the thing in the middle an attacker will always take more damage on the approach than he can dish out. In Great Bay fox/falco can laser then illusion/phantasm back and forth between the platforms. In fact, most of the banned stages are just Fox lasering and camping.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
"In addition, Nintendo will host a daily Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. Competitors get a free Wii-themed T-shirt, and a different T-shirt will be available each day of the show."

i feel like i'm going to be sick.

wait doesn't Ken live near LA? Where's manacloud when you need him, geez. Seriously, I'm sure there's going to be a few pros there to iron out our big debates... wave-stuff, shuffling, character intros, Shiek, Zamus, etc...

ps I WANT TO LIVE IN LA RIGHT NOW

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wait doesn't Ken live near LA? Where's manacloud when you need him, geez. Seriously, I'm sure there's going to be a few pros there to iron out our big debates... wave-stuff, shuffling, character intros, Shiek, Zamus, etc...

ps I WANT TO LIVE IN LA RIGHT NOW
Manacloud can go play in traffic. He's a douchebag and I've only ever interacted with him through forums. I'd hate to see him in real life, I'd probably punch him.

Isn't there another convention Nintendo's holding tomorrow or something?
Japan event should be happening in a few hours. USA event tomorrow.

We seriously need a correspondant in LA to tell us whether all of the advanced techniques are still in Brawl. It'll be interesting to see what it's all like. @_@

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Japan conference is on now. I don't expect much about Smash until tomorrow though... Japan should get their release date today. Previous conferences have had:

jonnyram said:
005 conf (5 Oct = year after DS launch)
- Wi-Fi connection unveiled
- Wi-Fi USB connector announced
- Animal Crossing & Mario Kart dates
- English training, Brain Age 2 announced

2006 conf (15 Feb = halfway between DS and Wii)
- DS browser / Oneseg tuner announced
- Tetris DS / NSMB dates
- Kanji dictionary, Cooking Navi, etc. announced
- Lots of third party software announced (incl. DS Musou which is still not out)

2007 conf (10 Oct = year after Wii launch)
??

who cares what he's like, manacloud lives RIGHT THERE. I don't know if Ken cares enough about Brawl right now to go to an event or anything. Who else lives in Cali? DSF?
Man, I wonder what's going on tomorrow? Some kind of event? I really should keep up, but gamespot is so annoying to hang around.
a bit offtopic: I read over the SCC results again, and it really is interesting how the top players have changed. Mew2King, Mango (???), Wobbles, all somewhat new, although nice to see PC reppin old school EC. lol @ Ken going Roy and all...

who cares what he's like, manacloud lives RIGHT THERE. I don't know if Ken cares enough about Brawl right now to go to an event or anything. Who else lives in Cali? DSF?
Man, I wonder what's going on tomorrow? Some kind of event? I really should keep up, but gamespot is so annoying to hang around.
a bit offtopic: I read over the SCC results again, and it really is interesting how the top players have changed. Mew2King, Mango (???), Wobbles, all somewhat new, although nice to see PC reppin old school EC. lol @ Ken going Roy and all...
I think Isai and most or maybe all of the DBR crew.

Firestorm

Arash says he's going. And you don't need to be top of the top to give good feedback anyway.

For anyone who has played WarioWare games before:

I wonder if in the WarioWare stage, as the time spent in the level lengthens, the microgames speed up as well as the music. In the game, it was supposed to make the games harder to complete since you would have to do the action faster. An interesting theory? :D

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
SONIC IN BRAWL and hopefully I get to play as him at E 4 ALL SUCKASSSSSS AHAHAHAHAHAHAH (along with every other jerk there at the tournament)

Ok so it's really not that shocking but I am really glad to see this, as far as character inclusions all I had been hoping for when I heard there was a new SSB coming out was Snake and Sonic and they are both confirmed now. I think I speak for everyone when I say I am glad that the various SONIC IS IN BRAWL/MELEE I SWEAR shit should nosedive once we get some sort of official web source.

Japan's release date get pushed back to late January sucks though, likely bad news for us!

SONIC IN BRAWL! and he can transform into Super Sonic, how cool is that? I'm assuming that will be his Final Smash.

SONIC IN BRAWL!

I'm crossing my fingers that todays update will reveal at least Sonic's profile.

I can't wait to finally see pictures of him in Brawl...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)